Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturnalia

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Also particularly pertinent given that the lyrics for "Saturnalia" include quite a bit of automotive imagery and the original draft is overlayed atop the lyrics for "Just a Car Crash Away."

Not to mention the greater context of each song together, relationships ending, his dad, etc.

This really IS a great find.

Has anyone really been able to isolate the rest of the handwritten lyrics well enough to actually make them out better yet? I mean, I know it was an ongoing effort at the time but I don't remember it getting very far.
    I think the rest are more notes and portions of lyrics unrelated to each other rather than a set of lyrics to a full song. Not all his notebooks contain full song ideas, some are just collections of words together or pages of single words that donít connect in any way except for him to select from to build a song later on I guess.

In this instance it would appear on reviewing his books he found that set of lyrics and found it relevant to put into a song.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    I keep coming back to read this and just nod, despite having nothing to add. It is such a lovely parallel in so many ways, and I am also pleased with the ever so tangential and roundabout link between Cabrini, Australia (many of those in charge or involved with Cabrini were from here) and Manson.
    And Saturnalia is also an anagram for... Australian!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12, KJV

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
    And Saturnalia is also an anagram for... Australian!
    Seems appropriate. It was Australian scientists who sent Cassini into its final, fiery plunge into Saturn's atmosphere.
    Last edited by Enname; Yesterday at 11:53 PM.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Smill lik a riffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Smill lik a riffle.
    <3

Soft metal in the deading gun
    Last edited by Enname; Yesterday at 11:12 PM.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.