Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 'WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE' - Music Video

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

Meh. It's a one view and done video like most he's done since The High End of Low.

This macho man "don't fuck with me" persona he's adopted since Born Villain is lame as fuck. I wish he'd ditch the shit already.
    I use words sharp as a sword

2. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

This video isn't terrible it's just I expected more from him. I also find the way he's affectionately holding the guns in this video antithetical to Mansons original message. This has become Jock Rock, Manson went from defending and representing the outcasts of society to now embracing concepts he used to be vehemently against. I'm sorry but I cannot get behind this video purely based on the gun thing alone. Also, his macho-machismo bullshit is getting annoying as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceSuicide View Post
    Meh. It's a one view and done video like most he's done since The High End of Low.

This macho man "don't fuck with me" persona he's adopted since Born Villain is lame as fuck. I wish he'd ditch the shit already.
    The warning signs of this start as far back as a few interviews during the EMDM era. I don't wanna say anything but I think you can connect the dots of what I could be implying.
    Last edited by FuckmanQ; 09-17-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

https://twitter.com/zanelowe/status/909828142663049217

SAY10 is the next video.Fuck yeah .
    Chillin' Killin'

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    https://twitter.com/zanelowe/status/909828142663049217

SAY10 is the next video.Fuck yeah .
    I believe the single video drops first. This hasn't been filmed yet.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    I believe the single video drops first. This hasn't been filmed yet.
    As in a Official Audio video?
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

I like this video. It's grindhouse fun with social commentary. The fetishization of guns within a suburban environment is supposed to seem weird and offputting, because America's fetishizing of guns is itself weird and offputting. The nuns raping the family while Manson makes the kid watch? Sex and religion torturing the parents while the kids are the ones who suffer seeing the hell their parents go through. You inherit your parents' trauma even though you'll never fully understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    This video isn't terrible it's just I expected more from him. I also find the way he's affectionately holding the guns in this video antithetical to Mansons original message. This has become Jock Rock, Manson went from defending and representing the outcasts of society to now embracing concepts he used to be vehemently against. I'm sorry but I cannot get behind this video purely based on the gun thing alone. Also, his macho-machismo bullshit is getting annoying as well.
    As usual, the Manson fandom fails to understand sarcasm. Manson is obscenely sarcastic, and the idea has always been to be the bad guy. "I am your shit, and you should be ashamed of what you have eaten." It's a dark mirror held up to American society. The gun fetishization here is a reflection of America in general. Marilyn Manson seeks to embody all the sickest, most fucked up elements of American society in order to show everyone the shit hidden beneath the polish. The Dope Show was sarcastically pro-drug. The Beautiful People was sarcastically fascist. The video for The Fight Song was a sarcastic depiction of school violence and power structures. EMDM was the dark side of romanticism, the festering rot inside the bleeding heart. Born Villain was just openly stating the point. He's the bad guy because he shows us what we really are. We fetishize guns and violence, we hate love and love hate, we support fascism as long as its our fascism, we make addicts famous and then act surprised when addiction is treated as glamorous, we fight a War on Drugs while the CIA imports the drugs to fight the war against, we are the bad guys, and his point is to show us that by doing the same without the attempt to pretend otherwise.

The endorsement is sarcastic. Marilyn Manson is the villain of this story, and he is but a metaphor for American culture. He always has been.
    Last edited by HG131; 09-18-2017 at 05:36 PM.

10. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post
    I like this video. It's grindhouse fun with social commentary. The fetishization of guns within a suburban environment is supposed to seem weird and offputting, because America's fetishizing of guns is itself weird and offputting. The nuns raping the family while Manson makes the kid watch? Sex and religion torturing the parents while the kids are the ones who suffer seeing the hell their parents go through. You inherit your parents' trauma even though you'll never fully understand it.

As usual, the Manson fandom fails to understand sarcasm. Manson is obscenely sarcastic, and the idea has always been to be the bad guy. "I am your shit, and you should be ashamed of what you have eaten." It's a dark mirror held up to American society. The gun fetishization here is a reflection of America in general. Marilyn Manson seeks to embody all the sickest, most fucked up elements of American society in order to show everyone the shit hidden beneath the polish. The Dope Show was sarcastically pro-drug. The Beautiful People was sarcastically fascist. The video for The Fight Song was a sarcastic depiction of school violence and power structures. EMDM was the dark side of romanticism, the festering rot inside the bleeding heart. Born Villain was just openly stating the point. He's the bad guy because he shows us what we really are. We fetishize guns and violence, we hate love and love hate, we support fascism as long as its our fascism, we make addicts famous and then act surprised when addiction is treated as glamorous, we fight a War on Drugs while the CIA imports the drugs to fight the war against, we are the bad guys, and his point is to show us that by doing the same without the attempt to pretend otherwise.

The endorsement is sarcastic. Marilyn Manson is the villain of this story, and he is but a metaphor for American culture. He always has been.
    Well that was all very patronising.

The role reversal in the video is delicious.
    I was not sold on the song when I first heard it on my earbuds in the midst of a work day, however, on Friday I played it in the car and those drums stabbed my brain and I was pumped and on board. I love all the layers of sound.

A Manson family home invasion...Hmmm, how original.

It's fine. I liked the sexy parts. But he probably owes the Hitman games a bit of money. Nobody tattle to Anita!

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Decent song but a dumb, boring video.