Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 'WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE' - Music Video

I have to say that I like We Know Where You Fucking Live better than anything off The Pale Emperor, easily! I still haven't decided if I like it better than my two favourites off of Born Villain, but it is at least in the Top 3. Obviously, I haven't heard the album yet, but seems like it will be the best thing he's done since The High End of Low, which I love from beginning to end. Twiggy being back really makes a difference for me. In fact, I feel like the song stylistically sounds more similar to The High End of Low than either of the two previous album. There are also some elements that remind me of Mechanical Animals, which pleases me to no end since that is my favourite album.
    Last edited by diatribein; 09-15-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Grammar!

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm writing this after one viewing and a few pints of beer, first impression. Classic Manson sexy nuns, removing their sleeves getting ready to do the business under the darkness of an eclipsed sun avec the new symbol (a reversed sun?), a mix of parody, fun, guns, middle fingers, shaky camerawork. I think it works well. I too would really like to see the band members involved with a video but I didn't miss them this time around.

Now going to have another watch but this is positive stuff by Manson but its not quite living upto the hype it was given, would a real life police helicopter really be scrambled by this video being filmed? Really good to read others opinions.

Feeling pumped for the London gig in December!

Quote Originally Posted by diatribein View Post
    There are also some elements that remind me of Mechanical Animals, which pleases me to know end since that is my favourite album.
    It's strange that people keep saying this, because I keep not hearing it at all.

Fucking hell if those nuns turned up outside mine i'd happily let them in...

Rape me - That is all.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Can someone tell me why there's even a warning at the beginning of the video?
    It's probably because the word FUCKING is repeated several times throughout the song/video. You have to remember that there is a large segment of the population, especially in the US and UK that feel the need to censor some words and think that people under a certain age must be protected from hearing said words. You and I, FuckmanQ, may regard these people with extreme contempt, but sadly they wield a great deal of power and feel a pressing need to interfere in other people's lives. Warnings are actually the most innocuous repercussion of their will. Just try to watch something on US network television or standard cable that is written with normal human language. Not only will you be treated to an orchestra of BEEPS, but they even pixelate people's mouths so you can't lip read whatever fucking thing they've decided should be censored to protect the poor innocent, can't hear the word fuck or they'll explode, children.
    Last edited by diatribein; 09-15-2017 at 02:40 PM.

WKWYFL isn't my favorite song off Born Villain (ha) but the video warmed me up a bit more to the track. The video was enjoyable but I kinda wish it got a bit more crazy. Definitely shits over TPE era videos though.

PS. Nemoris do you need a Xanax?

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Fair enough but I've seen more suggestive things in music videos where it didn't have a warning at the beginning. I'm sorry but the fact that he did the warning at all made me think I was gonna see some cool shit that dealt with drone strikes and Doxxing all things that are relevant. Instead it was him dancing with himself thinking he looks cool. This video is vapid imo.
    Could have been better, IMHO.
    From all the promotional stuff we saw for this single (including the video they sent us) and the initial SAY10 preview, I thought this was going to be another "futuristic", politically-incorrect, kick-ass video in the likes of NIN's (Survivalism) or FLA. But nothing.
    I'm not saying it sucks, but the overall concept and direction could have been definitely better.
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

It would have been more fun if the band members dressed up as nuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderno View Post
    I was just about to post this. The nuns in the Manson video is obviously inspired by this. Down to little details like one of the nuns wearing white shoes, the rocket propelled grenade launcher, the black nun having a teardrop tattoo.