Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: 'WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE' - Music Video

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    It's strange that people keep saying this, because I keep not hearing it at all.
    I think the synths on the verses are very reminiscent of songs like Posthuman, New Model No. 15, and User Friendly. I think that kinda dirty synth being the driving instrumentation on the verses mixed with a more aggressive guitar oriented chorus is something that has been largely absent from subsequent albums. I LOVE the synths on Mechanical Animals and I really like them on this song. I hope this is a stylistic choice that is used throughout Heaven Upside Down.

Do you still disagree? I don't think it's a big deal, but I am curious, because I really do hear the parallels. Then again, this is just one song and the rest of the album could be completely different.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Moderno View Post
    Been watching both a these in tandem - someone might Beiber Manson?!?
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

It's alright. Sometimes I wonder if he relies on the Christian imagery because it's just sort of his thing and he's always done that or if he really thinks he's offending anyone at this point. I think not so much with this, it's so over the top it feels like a parody of his own stuff, in a good way. Kind of a self-aware lampooning of his uber badass tough guy persona he's adopted in recent years.

Manson
    is
    Back!

I enjoyed this video. I feel bad for doing so, but did anyway. ;) I can't wait to see more vids.
    "A pill to make you numb. A pill to make you dumb. A pill to make you anybody else. But all the drugs in this world, won't save her from herself."

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

It's growing on me more now.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ramm91 View Post
    I think Tyler was driving Manson's limo near the start?
    Yeah youre right ,i missed that the first time
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

Quote Originally Posted by diatribein View Post
    I think the synths on the verses are very reminiscent of songs like Posthuman, New Model No. 15, and User Friendly. I think that kinda dirty synth being the driving instrumentation on the verses mixed with a more aggressive guitar oriented chorus is something that has been largely absent from subsequent albums. I LOVE the synths on Mechanical Animals and I really like them on this song. I hope this is a stylistic choice that is used throughout Heaven Upside Down.

Do you still disagree? I don't think it's a big deal, but I am curious, because I really do hear the parallels. Then again, this is just one song and the rest of the album could be completely different.
    I hear the synths, but to my mind they're far more reminiscent of the "dirty" synths common on The Golden Age Of Grotesque than the "clean" synths of Mechanical Animals. They're more "Para-Noir" than "User Friendly".

Quote Originally Posted by Synaesthesia15 View Post
    Could have been better, IMHO.
    From all the promotional stuff we saw for this single (including the video they sent us) and the initial SAY10 preview, I thought this was going to be another "futuristic", politically-incorrect, kick-ass video in the likes of NIN's (Survivalism) or FLA. But nothing.
    I'm not saying it sucks, but the overall concept and direction could have been definitely better.
    That's the thing, it lacked any direction. It was essentially just a load of shocking images.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

29 seconds into the video you can get a good view of Manson wearing the Owl Cave ring from Twin Peaks.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

My biggest complaint with this video are as follows

1. He is way to infatuated with the guns in this video and it just comes off gross.
    2. Once again fails to include band for at least background presence.
    3. Isn't topical enough, when I saw the email promotion for the single I was thinking he was gonna have a video that dealt with doxxing and hacking and drone strikes. All of these things are relevant in a world where technology rules. He could have done some really special stuff with this video.

Now overall I like how it has that vintage filter, I liked the eclipse shot minus the superimposed double cross that effect looked cheap. I liked the nuns. I liked a lot that was shown its just that it wasn't backed up by more interesting things going on. There should have been drone strike footage. News reports about peoples real life info being leaked/doxxed online. Not even saying lack of gore is the reason I am disappointed. I am disappointed because once again it's Manson in a room touching himself. I give the video a 2.5/5.

I like the song itself so this isn't me not liking the new material or anything. If someone likes this video good on you, I just think Manson has done better and CAN do better.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

16. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post