Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 'WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE' - Music Video

Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Everything has been said before
    Chillin' Killin'

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

He's turned into something that he always protested against. Obsessed with guns, violence and the macho culture. To be honest, i think this was inevitable. This is what the world has made him and i don't blame him. I think it suits him very well. This is his retaliation after being spit on by society, the media and most of his fanbase for all those years.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

How cool is that
    Last edited by Mephisto; 09-17-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    Chillin' Killin'

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I think he was mocking suburbanite mall anarchists as well as those who are homicidal and rebellious in fashion only who have no idea what in the fuck they want or are even talking about. The reason why I liked the video is because it's a slipshod satire about mindless reprobates who are "anti-everything" for the sheer hell of it, who are as confusing as the music video itself, who are parodies of themselves in the counter culture they are trying to cultivate. It's supposed to be cringe worthy. People opposed to him cradling guns and firing off rounds seem to forget the fact that Manson has always used violence in his performances and lyrical content. For a many different reasons, but how people can be put off by that is beyond me, especially you play violent video games or who have a Type-T personality. Other than that, it was just a fun video to watch. Especially him holding a teenage girl at gunpoint and middle-upper class looking goth girls forcing their crotches into peoples faces. lol He's making fun of people with some of these songs and has been for quite a while. He thinks most people are stupid. He's said it himself. And it's true. Most people are really just fucking stupid. *Edit - This video isn't really intended to send out a clear message even though the lyrics to the song begin with "Let's make something clear....". However, there is a far more disturbing, and purposefully so, music video by the rapper XXXTENTACIAON for the song "Look at Me" where he walks a black and a white child up to a stage where the white child is hung by him in front of the black child, also in front of witnesses who are gang members wearing "Death to White People" hoodies in some of his videos along with other racist bullshit slogans on their shirts. Here's part of the America that Manson hates. Fucking bohemian neanderthals. I'll post a screen shot here but not the video, but one other thing that I find peculiar is that I know that there are people out there who will view this and actually feel that he is some sort of evangelical protest by violence after dark voice of their generation. If you do, then you're dumb. What disturbs you more? This screen shot/video if you watch it or Manson's video? "Cute". It won't let me embed the image. But yeah, check out that music video. *Edit again - I haven't even scrolled through the comment sections where the video has been posted or is being discussed and I'm willing to bet that I'm right about all I've had to say this as well as a majority of people just being, again, stupid in their thoughts about it. BLAH! Again. *Triple edit - It's also entertaining to see, over the nearly 3 decades no that Marilyn Manson has been around, that his OWN FANS are triggered, pun fully intended, by a work of his art while at the same time saying how "horrible" it is. lol

Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 09-17-2017 at 05:27 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

8. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

Best to recall Manson's interviews- this album plays like scenes in a movie- you'll never know what happens next. However, he did tell us Nobody wants to be a nihilist or a fatalist, that no one wants to take on the world alone. I think we know where you fucking live was used as a single because it is just an easy marketing tool... how good did it feel to see your house spinning in an image; for a moment, it was from Manson himself; right, fanboys? You're gonna tell your friends, right, fankids?

Anyway, fuck yeah, I downloaded that video.

plus the song is really, truly, fun- if you negate all the negativity as actual pure violence, it is a very aggressive groove to shimmy to while driving your car (hopefully not into pedestrians)
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Maybe he just should make video where more than 3/4 of it would consist of him singing & band members playing instruments on the stage. That would be really original and something we have not seen in any music video before..

12. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Is it satire? His thug character in the Tainted love video was clear satire. It has a John Wick feel to it in a way but also a late night cable from the 80s feel too. The long trench coat and machine gun might make people think of the Columbine school shooting, maybe giving it an ultra ew Manson factor and fairly revolting to the normies. The nuns with guns raping and terrorizing is either empowering to women or subjugation of them. I can't really tell. HAHA! If Marilyn Manson had a cult I imagine it would consist of only very sexy women in nun outfits.

14. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Heaven's Reflection Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Talk about great promotion. We wouldn't have gotten any of this if it came out V-Day.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Just checking through this thread and I don't think anyone has mentioned it but near the start, does Manson hold up a phone and the screen appears to be pixelated out? I know not everything has to have a meaning but this bit intrigues me!

The video and song overall is a grower for me, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Everything has been said before
    It's not what is said, it's how you say it. Maybe he'll say it right this time.