Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 'WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE' - Music Video

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

A Desert Eagle? You're better than this, MM. Dual-wield P220 Equinoxes for more badassery.

Good video, and I hate videos.
    This space intentionally left blank.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Here’s my more in depth take on the video. This is everything I could wish for in a new Manson video. Fire, anger, guns, sexy close ups of Manson with guns. (The sexy nuns are a nice touch too but I’m gay so that doesn’t matter much to me) But anyway, I feel it overall conveys a perfect balance of vitriol and violence without overstepping the bounds of edgy for edgy’s sake. I feel like the main theme was for the video to be threatening and to leave the viewer in suspense, expecting a blood bath out of the family they invaded.

But I’m glad Manson didn’t go that route of brutally murdering everyone in graphic detail because I believe he’s smart enough to realize people would just look at that and think “Oh that’s pathetic cause now he’s just trying too hard to be edgy and shocking” No, he shot this video perfectly in every aspect. It was meant to be rage heavy and threatening to properly kick off the release of the new album with a bang. Gratuitous violence is a thing I do like often, but the subtlety makes much more of an impact in my eyes. Lately everything horror or violent is done over the top and leaves no room for imagination, so I feel like Manson and his director Perou created a perfect balance with this video and that is why I fucking love it.

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Corpse-89 View Post
    Here’s my more in depth take on the video. This is everything I could wish for in a new Manson video. Fire, anger, guns, sexy close ups of Manson with guns. (The sexy nuns are a nice touch too but I’m gay so that doesn’t matter much to me) But anyway, I feel it overall conveys a perfect balance of vitriol and violence without overstepping the bounds of edgy for edgy’s sake. I feel like the main theme was for the video to be threatening and to leave the viewer in suspense, expecting a blood bath out of the family they invaded.

But I’m glad Manson didn’t go that route of brutally murdering everyone in graphic detail because I believe he’s smart enough to realize people would just look at that and think “Oh that’s pathetic cause now he’s just trying too hard to be edgy and shocking” No, he shot this video perfectly in every aspect. It was meant to be rage heavy and threatening to properly kick off the release of the new album with a bang. Gratuitous violence is a thing I do like often, but the subtlety makes much more of an impact in my eyes. Lately everything horror or violent is done over the top and leaves no room for imagination, so I feel like Manson and his director Perou created a perfect balance with this video and that is why I fucking love it.
    Very true. He could have gone full on violence with it but decided to just keep it back a few paces as to not be predictable, which I liked.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I like that too tbh. And it's all a big threat, so there no need to do so.

Btw I haven't found any real negative comments on the video.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I haven't found any real negative comments on the video.
    Just because you can't read my mind.

The more I watch it, the more I hate it.
    Well, at least is better than deepsix video, but everything is better than the deepsix video.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Hitman Absolution rules. One of my favorite games.

Also, I think they're going for the twitchy look? Anyways, how that's done is filming the video slowed down. You sing to the song like normal, but you move and sing slower. Then when it's sped up normal, it looks all cool and twitchy. Like seen here

Anyways, again the video is just ok. It's definitely the best one since No Reflection, but even then I think that one was 10 times better. Manson set a very high standard for himself in the past with his videos, and these last few ones just aren't living up to that in my opinion.

And show the damn band. Marilyn Manson is a band.

To me it's a tad underwhelming, not terrible just a bit generic Manson. I liked the costumes but I much preferred the video that was put out for Say10.
    It probably doesn't help that I don't think of this song as being a particularly stand out single.
    Also that warning at the start was a bit much.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mok View Post
    And show the damn band. Marilyn Manson is a band.
    Is it though? It was back in the day. To me, it's more a solo act nowadays. The interviews before used to be with the band as a whole, then it involved just Manson. It's unfortunate, but oh well.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I think it's fucking awesome, I don't understand how you could not like it. It's even made me enjoy the song more which I was kind eh about to begin with. Yes, it lacks substance, and is pure grindhouse but damn if it doesn't all go well together.
    Considering how awful his videos have been lately, the TPE videos were abortions, this is a step in the right direction.

14. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

This is hilarious.

And I think that was the intention. If so, then it's really quite a good video by its own metrics. This is obviously a different Marilyn Manson than the symbolism-laden, aesthetic Manson who shot the videos for Holy Wood, and has been for some time. But this is the first time I think it all pulls together into something enjoyable.

I will say that the video for "Say10", or the snippet we got of it, was much better, just by virtue of having a meaning beyond its entertainment value. Still, I'd be perfectly satisfied just to have the caliber of the other visual components of this era match this.
    Last edited by The Overman; 09-15-2017 at 01:33 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post