Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Releases KILL4ME - Sept 20

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Threskiornis View Post
    It took me off guard!
    That's why I've listened to it more than "We Know Where You Fucking Live" so far. No need for a disquisition on this song. It's a groovy track. I can't wait until the entire album is available to listen to all at once and in order. It is a story, after all. I was "late" to join this discussion, so there's nothing else I feel the need say whenever it comes to the positive appraisals that I'm wholeheartedly in concurrence with. It's fine to not like a song but I'm find those who are, (yet again) dissatisfied, to be captious, impertinent and def on the low end of the spectrum. Not all, mind you. Only those who are being hypercritical.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

@theoverman On first listen my memory brought me back to that movie. Yes, the murders begin in a shed by the widowed father, who has hallucinations from God; God wants him to be his righteous hand and rid the world of Demons.. He is repeatedly visited by God and over time has to prepare for the reaping. He acquires different weapons over time, and eventually a list of names of seemingly random civilians... All the while he has been sharing these epiphanies with his two sons, encouraging them to be ready for this movie's version of the Manson family's helter Skeltor.. He adamantly believes these people are venomous demons guilty of sinful acts here on earth; he tries to persuade the boys, simply by touching the demons could the three of them see the past discrepancies, according to the father. The older son (9?) knows his father has lost his shit, and every time he calls him out, the father abuses him in some sort of labor- the shed is no longer viable for people's screams, so older boy forced to dig dig dig a bunker. Fucked up movie, truly. I don't like to follow genius input because they make some ridiculous jumps and state them as Fact.
    Pushing your faith/belief system on another to satiate yourSelfish endeavors is abuse of the highest form. These relationships are found in any establishment: military, religious, intimate. . . Guns, God, government. But K4M begins with the most relatable, and the purest form of fuckery- faith in the one you love, intimately. "Let's make a blood pact, babe. . . Turn love into fucking, to only see ourSelves..." "I love you enough to ask you again, would you kill for me?-- who are you going to cross?" So many different connotations in this song, never the less a bright light on the bullshit human drama is, and has been. Victim mentality and scape goats. Classic manson.
    I fucking love the groove in this song... Slow romp with slinky synth and crunchy bass... Some kind of distorted ghostly echoes sways well with the eerie vibes on star-crossed psyches. I love this modern day mirror of Bonnie and Clyde mentalities as mockery of the movement of romance seen today. What else can we expect at the end times? So impressed with Tyler bates YET AGAIN. <3 only flaw: the drawl of "threat".
    Last edited by YoureAlreadyHere; 09-21-2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

3. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

What's wrong with Manson's drawl?

o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    What's wrong with Manson's drawl?

o_O
    Particularly on the word "threat"- it just bothers my ears. If I could, I'd nip that thread right out of the song---- if only because of the tone of "threaaayghtz"- it is like a nose dive crescendo (yes, oxymoron feel there), which I suppose suits the over all theme of this album lol
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Bissh, i dun hrrd u th FRST tym.

Annnnnd DISAGREED. He surely overcompensates for any mumblecore by OVER-ENUNCIATING the crucial syllables, right?

I feel like you're maybe just being defensive about being a suthherner and can't handle all the attention with proper southern grace, furthering your embarrassment. Because OMG he's srsly just saying the word "threats," ffs.

Start a civil war over it, why don't you.

>__>

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

This song is about Manson and his audience and fans.
    Chasing him to hotel halls and saying "I love you", so he ask, "well, if you love me, would you kill for me?".
    Is like a joke, a song about his fans disguised as a romantic pop song, I'm surprised no one is getting it.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

unfortunately i couldn't help myself a i heard the whole album. For those who didnt like this song at first. Trust me You have a lot to look forward too. This song in the grand scheme is exactly what the album needed. Although i would have added a couple more heavy songs... Its a pretty amazing release. And KILL4Me is a poppy manson i havn't heard yet. Overall, im pretty happy. The only thing i'm worried about.. is how are they going to play all these new songs live with all the automations and keyboards? There is no synth player live anymore?
    Im An Entity In Which Is Invisible To Mankind...

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit Freeston3r's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    unfortunately i couldn't help myself a i heard the whole album. For those who didnt like this song at first. Trust me You have a lot to look forward too. This song in the grand scheme is exactly what the album needed. Although i would have added a couple more heavy songs... Its a pretty amazing release. And KILL4Me is a poppy manson i havn't heard yet. Overall, im pretty happy. The only thing i'm worried about.. is how are they going to play all these new songs live with all the automations and keyboards? There is no synth player live anymore?

Knowing Manson he will only play a few off the new album 😆

*already has not "will only," fwiw

:P

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

The present day Mister Superstar. That’s how I’m viewing it.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post