Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Releases KILL4ME - Sept 20

Quote Originally Posted by arkahno View Post
    This song is about Manson and his audience and fans.
    Chasing him to hotel halls and saying "I love you", so he ask, "well, if you love me, would you kill for me?".
    Is like a joke, a song about his fans disguised as a romantic pop song, I'm surprised no one is getting it.
    This does indeed make a lot of sense, the song is great, very catchy and danceable; though unrelated thematically, it does sound a bit like some of the stuff on Villains.

Huh, so I just picked up on another hotel reference.

We've got, to date:

"Your hotel heart [hall? Genius says one thing, my ears another] won't be so vacant", from this track.
    "Folks said that I looked like death/Lived in the hotel of my eyes" from "Cupid Carries A Gun"
    "I'm not a death-share vacation/Vacant station" from "No Reflection"

But there's also

"I've got an angel in the lobby/He's waiting to put me in line" from "Count To Six And Die (The Vacuum Of Infinite Space Encompassing)".

Now, that 'lobby' could reference anything from a hospital lobby [like the lobby of Parkland Memorial Hospital, where Kennedy was taken after he was shot and where he was declared dead] to the metaphorical lobby where souls go to wait for judgment, but it could also be a hotel lobby. As Hazekiah reminded me in another thread, John Wilkes Boothe was living out of the National Hotel in Washington during the assassination of Abraham Lincoln [and Lincoln visited the hotel while Boothe was out on the town planning the kidnapping of Secretary of State Seward, else he might have been killed there instead].

And Cupid is often depicted as a cherubic winged angel in post-Greco-Roman Western iconography.

Are there any other vague references to hotels in Manson's discography? Because I find Manson's use of hotels as symbolic of death to be a pretty interesting connection. It's one that comes up in popular culture from time to time - Stephen King uses it occasionally [the Overlook Hotel from The Shining is the obvious example here]. Haunted hotels are a ghost-hunting staple. I've also thought of the Coen Brothers film Barton Fink in this capacity before.

Last edited by The Overman; 09-21-2017 at 04:25 PM.

3. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

This song is million times better than the other...but now i can see a lot of Manson fans losing their significant other because their partner won't kill for them so in return they won't kiss 'em. bah.

Instrumentally, this sounds like a revamped of WOW to me.

And IDK wtf some of yall talking about only a preview...The second it was announced as released, I was able to hear it on Spotify...

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    This song is million times better than the other...but now i can see a lot of Manson fans losing their significant other because their partner won't kill for them so in return they won't kiss 'em. bah..
    You are completely insufferable.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    Instrumentally, this sounds like a revamped of WOW to me.
    Haha I immediately thought of WOW when the song first came on. I totally see what you mean. Lol

Idk I like it. A lot of Manson fans seem to be getting their white cotton panties in a bunch because its not a Metal album again. Lol - Well, their loss. I think this one is better than the single that was released a while ago, lyrics and all. But hey, everyone's a critic. Can't wait for the album
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

Just curious but... I love this song - why is it not yet on Mansons Youtube channel? Is it some sort of agreement with Spoitfy/Itunes?

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nightjar View Post
    Just curious but... I love this song - why is it not yet on Mansons Youtube channel? Is it some sort of agreement with Spoitfy/Itunes?
    Not necessarily that. It might just not have been uploaded. But who knows.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nightjar View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "Manson's YouTube channel?" Are you talking about the channel actually called 'Marilyn Manson?' Because if so, there are only 7 videos on that channel total. Which includes 3 music videos, 2 "official audio" videos, and 2 promo/PR videos. Basically a handful of random Pale Emperor era videos. Not exactly an exhaustive compilation of Manson's work. Based on looks, that's a pretty sparsely used channel so I wouldn't really hold my breath waiting for the audio from every new song uploaded.

So instead of letting you continue how you're going about things, I'll show you how to be an ELITE H4CKZZ0RS and teach you how to master a relatively unknown but amazing YouTube feature. Follow these few rules and you'll always find what I would bet is the best audio quality of any particular song on YouTube. No more garbage anime AMV videos where you have to watch two and a half minutes of Dragon Ball Z when all you wanted to do was listen to Linkin Park's Numb. smh.

They're called 'auto-generated topic channels.' Google's description says they are auto-generated channels of "trending and popular" videos/songs that are created by "algorithms." However, I personally have never not been able to find a song I was looking for. And I look for these official auto-generated YouTube songs verrry often. So their definition of 'popular' must be very loose.

Here's what you do:

• First, search YouTube for "[artist] [song], hd" e.g. "Manson KILL4ME, hd" - Always include the comma, space, "HD" in your search, exactly how you see it in my screenshots. If not, you'll be sifting through a thousand videos to find the right one. However, adding the comma, space, and "HD" to the end of your search, these auto-generated videos will almost always be the first result.
    • What you're looking for is the patterns you see in the screenshots above. The video preview will always be the album art to the left and the song title, artist, and album listed to the right. And the background will be an enlarged, blurry image of the album cover again. If the result you find doesn't match these exact rules then you're not listening to the HD official YouTube upload, you're listening to some random person's upload that could be 96kb/s crap. Always look for videos that match these rules for the best audio you'll find.
    • The pattern for the name of the 'uploader' of the video will always be "[artist] - Topic" as you see in the screenshot. No exceptions.

• The video description will list the track info and will always say "Auto-generated by YouTube." at the bottom.

• Something that just adds to the awesomeness is that you can click on the uploader's account and check out Playlists > Albums. Do this and more often than not, you'll find a list of all of that artist's albums with each song uploaded as a video in HD.

Just search for music with this new method and you will never have to worry about a song being uploaded on some dead account run by an artist's PR guy. You'll never have to suffer through some dude's garbage uploaded VHS recording of a music video. No more god-awful 'lyrics videos' created by some 12 year old the other day. And most importantly, you'll avoid what all of these examples always have in common - video quality that doesn't go any higher than 480p which always sounds like garbage.

Alright, I didn't answer your question but I think I hopefully have made your question irrelevant. Here is the official KILL4ME upload by YouTube.

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post

Alright, I didn't answer your question but I think I hopefully have made your question irrelevant. Here is the official KILL4ME upload by YouTube.
    Thanks for the guide, will give that a try. No worries about the question I was just curious - I use Youtube quite a bit for other artists when i cant be bothered to fire up Windows media player and didn't realise there was so little on what I thought was Mansons official channel, I know there is also MMvevo.

BTW followed your final link and the video isn't available!

Roll on October 6th... *taps fingers and stares at calendar* (I refuse to listen to leaks on principle).

Thanks again.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I think perhaps the one thing that I like more than the album itself is that The Overman seems to have already figured it out, so I may just read his posts instead of listening to it as he already knows the story. *Edit - I think I may be one of the few people who have only heard two of the songs so far.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post