Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Releases KILL4ME - Sept 20

I only did a quick search online but I wasn't able to find writing credits for this... Do we know if it was all Bates or if Twiggy had some input on Kill4Me?

I know I'm not exactly the most generous critic of some of Manson's recent work but man oh man if this isn't the worst shit I've ever heard. If it weren't for Tyler Bates I don't even know how this could have been salvaged. It's just lyrics scribbled on loose leaf paper in 7th grade math class with some dude, who in this song has a genuinely terrible and grating voice, trying to project his burgeoning adolescent mental disorder, love of vampire fanfiction, and wannabe Rhianna emulation over some decent guitar work. This song somehow manages to be even less mature than even the worst song on EMDM. Musically it holds up but not well enough to even marginally compensate for the other aspects.

3. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

^lol
    Why are you even in this forum?

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by arkahno View Post
    ^lol
    She's perfectly entitled to her opinion. I'd say very similar things about eleven-fifteenths of The High End Of Low, only substituting "poor guitar work" for "decent guitar work".

That being said, she's wrong. These are lyrics scribbled on loose leaf paper in eleventh grade English class over some of the finest guitar licks in the discography.

7. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    I know I'm not exactly the most generous critic of some of Manson's recent work but man oh man if this isn't the worst shit I've ever heard. If it weren't for Tyler Bates I don't even know how this could have been salvaged. It's just lyrics scribbled on loose leaf paper in 7th grade math class with some dude, who in this song has a genuinely terrible and grating voice, trying to project his burgeoning adolescent mental disorder, love of vampire fanfiction, and wannabe Rhianna emulation over some decent guitar work. This song somehow manages to be even less mature than even the worst song on EMDM. Musically it holds up but not well enough to even marginally compensate for the other aspects.
    It’s a very catchy song and it sounds good, but some of the lyrics are indeed a little cringey. But there’s a lot more where that came from, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by arkahno View Post
    ^lol
    Because I love 85% of all of the music Manson has ever released, and said music has had more of a hand in my development and growth as a person than any other music. I have a Marilyn Manson tattoo. He's still my favorite. I'm allowed to despise a song.

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Because I love 85% of all of the music Manson has ever released, and said music has had more of a hand in my development and growth as a person than any other music. I have a Marilyn Manson tattoo. He's still my favorite. I'm allowed to despise a song.
    I will say that the post-triptych era must be hard for you so far, since you don't seem to care for EMDM or BV, and, by the way things are shaping up, HUD either.

As for myself, while Manson the man has become much less interesting to me since those days, the music itself has generally improved, with the obvious exception, in my view, of THEOL. For example, my favorite Manson album is Holy Wood, but if I were to judge it solely on its musical merits it'd be lucky to sniff the middle third of my list - so much of that record is fairly repetitive. It's all the additional elements and special care taken with the theme that makes it what it is. Meanwhile, Born Villain isn't saying anything interesting, but it says nothing with panache.
    Last edited by The Overman; 09-19-2017 at 10:25 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Muddy Knees

I haven't listened to the song or that other one that was released, so while some comments here are uplifting in their own way... there are others (from more valued sources) that have me worried.

So far the only albums I enjoy post triptych are GAOG, THEOL and TPE. If this album resembles EMDM or BV in any way... this is not looking good in my book. If Manson's lyrics haven't improved then I'm equally as worried since they have been the weakest part of the last several albums. I'll form my own conclusions when I finally listen in full, but almost everything about this album has me weary so far. I can only remain hopeful to eat these words in October.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    So far the only albums I enjoy post triptych are GAOG, THEOL and TPE. If this album resembles EMDM or BV in any way... this is not looking good in my book. If Manson's lyrics haven't improved then I'm equally as worried since they have been the weakest part of the last several albums.
    Not only have they not improved, the quality of the lyrics in this song are so far below anything else. The quality has actually decreased.

What an awesome way to start ones morning :) First listen was a bit WHAAAT, really, this, after WKWYFL? The 2nd and all the subsequent 15 listens were - f*** yeah, this ROCKS. Loving the synths, the last minute of the song is just so groovy and sexy, this will be a hit!

I hear a reference to the 3rd Day but only in the base for the first 30sec or so, overall there is slight a whiff of THEOL, but of course with a galaxy between those in production quality/MMs attitude and vocals. I also hear MA and a little of POAF.

Just blows my mind, how good this album is shaping up to be!!!