Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Releases KILL4ME - Sept 20

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    I only did a quick search online but I wasn't able to find writing credits for this... Do we know if it was all Bates or if Twiggy had some input on Kill4Me?
    We probably won't know until people get ahold of the physical copies of the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    I haven't listened to the song or that other one that was released, so while some comments here are uplifting in their own way... there are others (from more valued sources) that have me worried.

So far the only albums I enjoy post triptych are GAOG, THEOL and TPE. If this album resembles EMDM or BV in any way... this is not looking good in my book. If Manson's lyrics haven't improved then I'm equally as worried since they have been the weakest part of the last several albums. I'll form my own conclusions when I finally listen in full, but almost everything about this album has me weary so far. I can only remain hopeful to eat these words in October.
    The first single sounded like a Born Villain b-side and this new one sounds like a TPE b-side. So I guess there's something for everyone to love and hate with this album.

The writing credits (although that won't include all the musicians who played on the track) should be in the ITunes file, but as far as I know you can only see those on a computer (and I only have the song on my phone so far).

Is there anyone here who still hasn't listened to "WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE" and "KILL4ME" for fear of having their brains blown to pieces?
    I'm so scared of the New Album that I probably won't be able to pluck up enough courage/recklessness/insanity to listen to any new song before Xmas. I haven't even listened to the cover of "Stigmata" yet - again for fear of cerebral rape. I mean, it's only a COVER - but I'm still too scared to press Play. How can you people approach the New Album so fearlessly?

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic/Mystic View Post
    Is there anyone here who still hasn't listened to "WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE" and "KILL4ME" for fear of having their brains blown to pieces?
    I'm so scared of the New Album that I probably won't be able to pluck up enough courage/recklessness/insanity to listen to any new song before Xmas. I haven't even listened to the cover of "Stigmata" yet - again for fear of cerebral rape. I mean, it's only a COVER - but I'm still too scared to press Play. How can you people approach the New Album so fearlessly?
    Because there’s more to life than this album.

5. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

This song is musically refreshing, I love the simplicity, guitar accenting, and how catchy the melody is within such a basic chord progression. Those lyrics on the chorus however are some pseudo goth adolescent garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by JT_ View Post
    Those lyrics on the chorus however are some pseudo goth adolescent garbage.
    Our critical faculties have come straight out of 2009, I see.

This is the spirit that the chorus ought to be read in. It doesn't take itself seriously at all. It's a cartoonish Charlie Mansonism that would've been at home on Portrait Of An American Family.

As someone who still bangs on about "rapist werewolves" and "white cotton panties", this isn't a real critique of the song because it ignores the playful tone of the chorus. And the nifty "don't get too close to smell a rose or you might give yourself a bloody nose" metaphor after the first one.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I really want to enjoy this era and this album. I loved WKWYFL and the SAY10 teaser, and maybe I'll come to like other songs from HUD over time. But.... I played this for my lady friend last night, and actually felt embarrassed to be a Mason fan. Super cringe-inducing. :(

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Our critical faculties have come straight out of 2009, I see.

https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6194/...b3ff274a_z.jpg

This is the spirit that the chorus ought to be read in. It doesn't take itself seriously at all. It's a cartoonish Charlie Mansonism that would've been at home on Portrait Of An American Family.

That's the funniest spin I've seen so far, good job. I'll remember to think of it like a group of songs that came out in 1994. Anything else? like maybe I should dress up in stripped leggings while listening.. to really 'get it'.

Quote Originally Posted by JT_ View Post
    This song is musically refreshing, I love the simplicity, guitar accenting, and how catchy the melody is within such a basic chord progression. Those lyrics on the chorus however are some pseudo goth adolescent garbage.
    Get used to it. I suspect there is plenty more where those dumpster fire lyrics came from. Say hello to The High End of Low/Born Villain 2 - Manson's Electric Dancefloor Bugaloo. ;)
    Last edited by NightChameleons; 09-20-2017 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by NightChameleons View Post
    I really want to enjoy this era and this album. I loved WKWYFL and the SAY10 teaser, and maybe I'll come to like other songs from HUD over time. But.... I played this for my lady friend last night, and actually felt embarrassed to be a Mason fan. Super cringe-inducing. :(
    You should be Embarrassed to be a MM fan when you misspell Manson.

-

The lyrics so far have been a lot more descriptive, and there is a lot more lyrics in each song over, unlike a song like Birds Of Hell Awaiting (1 Stanza). Manson even said TPE was minimal lyrically, so he wrote more for this album. I have cringed at some lyrics in the past, but so far, i haven't with these song so far. Even with a kinda cringey title like "KILL4ME", the song itself makes it up.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post