Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Releases KILL4ME - Sept 20

I sit here quietly and wait till the CD comes out, but hey wow, those responses from I hate it to I love it : /
    Always nice to see what MM releases provoke and hey, we have all different tastes, so respect each other...

The music on this is good. I at first thought the synth didn't fit in, but I like how it mixes with the funky bass and bluesy guitar to make it a little more dance-y. For some reason I get a HSG vibe from this because the song and its lyrics are very simplistic and sound like pop rock, but it is still dark, beautiful, and sexy.
    But coming back to the lyrics, I don't love them. However, I find myself just wanting to let my guard down and all the expectations I have for Manson writing these deep lyrics, and just enjoy a song that sounds really cool. So yeah, so far it doesn't seem like we have anything with a ton of substance here as far as lyrics go, but I get a genuine feeling with this song. I think Manson is having fun with this album and it shows through the sound. I can't wait to hear how it fits in when I listen to the album from start to finish (waiting til October 6th lol).

So we wrote this for his seventh grader fans? The twerking little girl fans that he invited on his stage last concerts? The music is good, but the entire song is so forgetful and the lyrics atrocious.
    He is no Charles Manson.

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    So we wrote this for his seventh grader fans? The twerking little girl fans that he invited on his stage last concerts? The music is good, but the entire song is so forgetful and the lyrics atrocious.
    He is no Charles Manson.
    Holy shit.

Her heart shivers in my hand
    She's melting on me like cotton candy
    I make the faces that make you cry
    Ii want you more when you're afraid of
    Manson has always had this kind of cartoonish, creepy-cutesy theme in his more interpersonal songs. It goes all the way back to 1994.

If anything, these lyrics are more solid than something like "Sweet Tooth" because they don't take themselves seriously at all. They're a nod to Charles Manson. If you think Manson's taking himself seriously here you have the sense of humor of a block of wood.

"You won't be kissin' me until you kill for me"? You really think Manson was being totally earnest here?

And that bridge:

Sideways for attention/Longways for results
    Who are you going to cross?
    Deffo meant to be taken seriously.

And I say this as someone who can't listen to half the tracks off THEOL because of how on-the-nose the lyrics are. The difference, in that case, being that the lyrics off something like "Into The Fire" were meant to be semi-serious, while this isn't serious at all.

Again, Manson isn't talking about anything with this song outside of his private life, so by default the lyrics aren't going to be as intelligent or abstract as "Target Audience". But when taken in context there's nothing wrong with them.
    Last edited by The Overman; 09-20-2017 at 11:12 AM.

5. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Tough crowd.
    This space intentionally left blank.

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

Well, I've read some good comments on the song outside this forum.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I really love this song. I think I'm going to give it a few more listens today along with some other music. Maybe watch some TV or a movie. Please, keep caviling and don't forget to be unsmiling.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 09-20-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Yes! Nailed it in one. I don't have my copy of Born Villain at hand, but I'm pretty Goddamn sure that the ending of "Kill4Me" either references or directly lifts from the middle of "Pistol Whipped".
    It sounds to me like Twiggy tuned a guitar and set some of his own trademark distortion he used on a lot of previous albums and it was Manson playing. I'm pretty certain it's Manson's "unique" playing but the distortion is Twiggy's and that threw me off placing it too.

I swear the distortion used is similar to something off Mechanical Animals but I can't quite place it.

Quote Originally Posted by JT_ View Post
    This song is musically refreshing, I love the simplicity, guitar accenting, and how catchy the melody is within such a basic chord progression. Those lyrics on the chorus however are some pseudo goth adolescent garbage.
    I think it's intentional. In an interview Manson described a The Cure-ish type song you'd listen to while fucking a girl in highschool and I believe this is that song.

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulDarter View Post
    I think it's intentional. In an interview Manson described a The Cure-ish type song you'd listen to while fucking a girl in highschool and I believe this is that song.
    ^This.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Just another reason I like it so much!

;D