Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Releases KILL4ME - Sept 20

We Know Where You Fucking Live and Now Kill 4 me...
    Haven't searched but gives a very Charles Manson/Tate House vibe to the sequence.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    I am amused that Manson has spun this hotel metaphor out across two albums now: hotel heart and hotel in my eyes (Cupid Carries a Gun). A lost Highway of road tripping, revenge and broken relationships. Natural Born Killers.
    Hell, it goes back further than that: "I'm not a death-share vacation/Vacant station". A time-share being an alternative to a hotel you might stay at while on an extended vacation.

More loosely, it's also suggestive of "It's like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind/And moved all my things around". Who of us hasn't been on a vacation and been paranoid of the hotel help?
    Last edited by The Overman; 09-19-2017 at 02:37 PM.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Hey, what song does the weird scratchy guitar lines at the end of "Kill4Me" make me think of?
    I know I've heard something very similar to the last ten or fifteen seconds of this song in a recent-ish Manson track, but I can't place it.
    That would be the middle of Pistol Whipped, no?
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    That would be the middle of Pistol Whipped, no?
    Yes! Nailed it in one. I don't have my copy of Born Villain at hand, but I'm pretty Goddamn sure that the ending of "Kill4Me" either references or directly lifts from the middle of "Pistol Whipped".

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Hell, it goes back further than that: "I'm not a death-share vacation/Vacant station". A time-share being an alternative to a hotel you might stay at while on an extended vacation.
    You are right, blame it on me being half awake. If he starts breaking out camping metaphors we might be able to play holiday bingo.

Given how often he is in hotels, it need not even be our own paranoia.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
    Where are you guys listening to this? Can't find on Spotify or apple music.
    I believe it's a timed Sept 20th release, so it'll be on Apple Music whenever it's the 20th in your region. People who have already listened to it are in regions where it's the 20th already. or they illegally downloaded it

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

as vaguely as i can put it, the MA/ACSS comparisons are ludicrous. This is 40% THEOL, 50% EMDM with a 10% pinch of TPE. Anyways, my faith in the album is restored at least cause I was so completely put off by that WKWYFL video. Hopefully this is a hit like Heart Shaped Asses was cause it certainly has that mainstream appeal.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

First post on this website in about five years, wheeee.

Anyway, I've been pretty underwhelmed with both singles thus far. They both sound like a rehash of motifs and themes Manson has been recycling since THEOL.

I definitely prefered WKWYFL over this one. Both seem to be better suited to live performance than the compressed simplicity of the album versions. I can listen to both with ease, but I don't find much memorable about them.

That's not say I don't like the direction KILL4ME takes. The glam/pop sensibilities of the chorus are such a welcome return.

Also, does he hate live recorded drums or what? Everything sounds so processed and basic.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow, have a cuppa joe and give it a proper listen.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotJesus View Post
    First post on this website in about five years, wheeee.

Anyway, I've been pretty underwhelmed with both singles thus far. They both sound like a rehash of motifs and themes Manson has been recycling since THEOL.
    Yes, but this is like what THEOL wanted to be.

I typically harp on how self-referential and myopic the Marilyn Manson music world has become. I've long advocated for a radical change of pace - like a full-bore darkwave or EDM album. I still want it, and I think we'll get something not too far removed from it once Manson has exhausted all the possibilities of this new signature sound.

But even I have to tip my hat when it's done well. And it's been done well.

Also, does he hate live recorded drums or what? Everything sounds so processed and basic.
    Do you know who the original drummer of Marilyn Manson was?

19. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post