Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Release date extravaganza

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    That doesn't seem to really factor into anything Manson does, tbh. IIRC, Born Villain didn't leak [and is the only of his reccent albums not to leak].
    I was making a generalized joke not really about Manson himself or even leaking. I was mocking the notion that people find ways to justify not paying for music without realizing the consequences of their actions. I'm sure Manson and many other bands would be more incentivized to release more music if the industry was still thriving and exciting. At this stage in his career, I'd rather see Manson being creative in studio and releasing more music and spend less time touring even though his ability to perform has gotten better lately it seems.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SangreV View Post
    Thankfully fans love longer gaps between albums because they prefer supporting bands they listen to by attending shows and buying merchandise, right? I mean who would actually want to pay for CDs by the same band every year or two like in the old days.
    I could see how an album per year would be too much, but 2 years is still kind of normal. However, I can see every 2 years being too much at some point too, so sometimes 3-4 year gaps can be understood and even better in some ways. And on top of that, it also seems better to space albums out, since they sometimes end up getting rushed and muddled anyway.

@SangreV - Oh crap. My bad. I now see it was a joke, but I still see what you mean.