Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN - Fan Reviews / Discussion

It’s a strange album for me. It has some incredible highs... Saturnalia and Threats of Romance are possibly in my top 10 manson songs. It also has some incredible lows - Jesus crisis is one of the worst manson songs... after wormboy and unkillable monster. The quality on this album seems similar to the recording quality of Born Villain.

In in all honesty, I have been so hooked on In This Moments new album, everything else has been put on the back burner.

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Say10 and Saturnalia are the only songs I really enjoyed from HUD. The rest of the album is meh. Which is a shame as after TPE, which I think is the best thing manson has done in over a decade, I was pretty hyped for this album.

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

Now that I've had the album a while, I'm starting to get a feel for how much I listen to each song and think about their lyrics. It goes a lot like this:

JE$U$ CRI$I$
    KILL4ME
    Revelation #12
    Tattooed in Reverse
    Heaven Upside Down
    WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE
    Blood Honey
    SAY10
    Threats of Romance
    Saturnalia

The number for Revelation #12 might be a little inflated because everytime I count something out, it ends up getting that song stuck in my head. Lol - I like the lyrics nonetheless.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I actually think JE$U% CRI$I$ is finally growing on me in a White Trash kinda way. Plus the screams are damn near perfect.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Does anyone think he carried a much wider range with his voice across this album? It started on Born Villain I think, especially during Overneath The Path Of Misery, and he then experimented with the Southern drawl across The Pale Emperor. Heaven Upside Down seems to bring out the depth in his pronunciation though, I'm hearing a weird Iggy Pop/Springsteen sort of confidence that's only been hinted at over the past few albums.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

9. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Does anyone think he carried a much wider range with his voice across this album? It started on Born Villain I think, especially during Overneath The Path Of Misery, and he then experimented with the Southern drawl across The Pale Emperor. Heaven Upside Down seems to bring out the depth in his pronunciation though, I'm hearing a weird Iggy Pop/Springsteen sort of confidence that's only been hinted at over the past few albums.
    Yeh, and he is back to using his upper range again outside of the falsetto. In part it accounts for some of what people are saying is 'bad' singing on Kill4Me, because of the vocal damage, but it is nice to hear him not simply lingering on the low notes. I mean, he also threw in Great Big White World for the initial tour and that requires confidence from him, because it is so high and he can get really quite strained. But it worked. For the album though, the most obvious is something like song Heaven Upside Down when he is on the last set of repetitions from the 'ah, ah, oh' and 'hold my hand' crescendo. You get a nice lot of controlled treble, mid range and then using the southern baritone drawl for a punchy effect into the scream. Also We Know Where You Fucking Live - full of confidence and vocal play/tricks. Some lovely textures as well.

Tyler is also keeping him in quite different keys than what he usually sings in, so it is gives him more room to have range. So yay for Tyler.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

11. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Love reading everyone's thoughts on the album, was almost anticipating people's takes and analysis on things as much as the album itself.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I feel like as of late his range has been very limited but I agree that he's been experimenting a lot more, especially on this album. It goes back to some comments he's made working with Tyler where he's been encouraged to use his voice as an instrument and it really shows. The difference between Born Villain and the Tyler-era is like night and day in terms of where he goes with his voice now, it's amazing. I even feel like live he's doing better because he's going beyond what he felt he was supposed to do for those older songs and is adjusting a bit more for his range now.

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit Celluloidholes's Instagram Channel

Default bloodandh0ney

I'm dumping this here since HUD doesn't have an evidence & analysis forum yet.

On June 25th 2016, I saw this.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BHEYrC4jg7u/
    Bloodandh0ney struck as odd to me at the time but I dismissed it. But (believe me) I do remember a caption talking about how Blood And Honey will be the title of the next album.
    Quick side note: remember valentine's day? I have no idea where but there was an Instagram post floating around with a sequence of numbers in the caption. People figured out they were a code that spelled out "BLOOD AND HONEY BURNS BRIGHT TONIGHT, SEE YOU ON THE 15TH". I was thinking about that and I need to locate that.

How can I prove it was actually said?
    I can't. The account doesn't exist anymore, you'll have to take my word for it.

I've been looking for info on the email address or bloodandh0ney, here's what I've got:

https://twitter.com/mansonsource/sta...20154267176960
    (A tweet which mentions the account)

https://myspace.com/search/people?q=...ries@yahoo.com
    (A search on MySpace, only one result. it's not important to anything but I'm still suspicious)

https://infotracer.com/emailTeaser.p...ries@yahoo.com
    (I plugged the email into one of those email tracker websites. It wants me to pay if I want more information, but it's good to know it's there. Someone remind me to pay up when I have the money)

Y'all know what? It's midnight, and I doubt I'm going to sleep tonight, I've eaten through at least three albums (BV is on rn). I'm going to try something else; this is my last resort.
    https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.in.../bloodandh0ney
    Fucking fruitless. I've been looking at every archive site I can lay my hands on and none of the have any fucking results. Also I've started eating some chalky lavender sweets, and Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me is playing now. The link above is the only faint trace I've got of the account, but it has trouble displaying the screenshot. It seems like its got a problem with displaying anything from Instagram.

I don't care anymore, it'd be nice if I could find more about this but I doubt I can. If you can find something, thanks in advance. Also, I'd appreciate it if someone can tell me how to make coffee, I'm a kiddie and nobody has told me how to make coffee. I'm not going to sleep tonight.

tl;dr read the fucking post

Quote Originally Posted by Celluloidholes View Post
    I'm dumping this here since HUD doesn't have an evidence & analysis forum yet.

On June 25th 2016, I saw this.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BHEYrC4jg7u/
    Bloodandh0ney struck as odd to me at the time but I dismissed it. But (believe me) I do remember a caption talking about how Blood And Honey will be the title of the next album.
    Quick side note: remember valentine's day? I have no idea where but there was an Instagram post floating around with a sequence of numbers in the caption. People figured out they were a code that spelled out "BLOOD AND HONEY BURNS BRIGHT TONIGHT, SEE YOU ON THE 15TH". I was thinking about that and I need to locate that.

tl;dr read the fucking post
    So I know the Instagram account you are talking about and saw it (even if I have no proof, although I do believe someone from here screencapped something from it as a warning, or over on the MMC), but what precisely are you trying to do with it? That it somehow predicted the song? Or the album? Was associated with Manson?? Manson used it and is referencing it?
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Visit Celluloidholes's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    So I know the Instagram account you are talking about and saw it (even if I have no proof, although I do believe someone from here screencapped something from it as a warning, or over on the MMC), but what precisely are you trying to do with it? That it somehow predicted the song? Or the album? Was associated with Manson?? Manson used it and is referencing it?
    Not exactly sure myself. I just want to leave it here and let people do whatever.