Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson In Popular Culture

Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

Default Marilyn Manson In Popular Culture

I always wanted to do this thread. I don't know how to put it into words, but I'll try: let's put together all the vids/shows/tracks/images etc that include Manson as a reference, parody and stuff like that.

South park:

Family Guy (if you have the full thing - including the room, in a better quality, post it, please):

FloRida mentions Manson in ROOTS at 2:53

Partying like a rockstar, heh? Shop Boys:

Celebrity deathmatch (there was another video also, can't find it):

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Default Re: Marilyn Manson as an icon

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

There are a few examples in relation to Manic Street Preachers, but considering that I plan to submit a piece about it for the main site, I shall leave it to others in this topic.

I think being scapegoated as the "face" of Columbine was probably the largest example of Manson being used as an "icon", tragically. But he was of course immortalised in Eminem's The Way I Am, not just as a collaborator, but also in the lyrics. He was also "featured" in Absolutely Fabulous, The X-Files, some terrible film from years ago called The Convent (a female protagonist, when asked if she was a virgin, replies "I'm saving it for Marilyn Manson"), and I'm sure a whole host of shitty MTV "comedy" routines and the like where someone dresses up like him. More amusingly, Bo Selecta had their Manson skit, which was admittedly funny, and he was often (still sometimes) featured in the Ray Zell comic Pandora in Kerrang! magazine in the late nineties. I actually might still have a few of those knocking around, if I find them I will scan them.

Incidentally, though not directly linked, I believe The Killers were supposed to have written a song about murdered teenager Jodie Jones, who was killed by her boyfriend some time around 2002/3. Manson's CDs were found in his collection, and that was brought up in court, but later (quite rightly) debunked, as this guy was just mental.

I don't think The Killers' song was relative to that at all, but still, the connection is there for Not Mechanical to swoon over.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

lol, The Killers song was called Where is She? and was performed live (there are recordings around), but was shelved after complaints.

Reading the first post, I was going to mention The Way I Am, with Manson appearing in the lyrics, music video and then that remix and live performances.

Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

^ Which reminded me of the video for Dead in Hollywood by Murderdolls, in which Manson appears.
    What?

Lol in a film called Dead End I think it was, the father said something like he's too busy listening to his Marilyn Bronson cd's and then the teenager said "Marilyn Manson!" I just thought I'd throw that one in there haha.
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd59/Bevz91/AA4.jpg

The character Greg on CSI listens to Manson while he's working in the lab. The actor that plays him is in the (s)AINT video as well.

MoonChild1929 last.fm twitter tumblr

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

In the behind the Scenes of Stargate Atlantis, they refer to the wraith as the Marilyn Manson's.

Then in the last Season of Stargate Atlantis the Beautiful People is played when a wraith is making himself look human. And I am a huge fan of both Stargate and Marilyn Manson, so it is awesome when they mix like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire
    Then in the last Season of Stargate Atlantis the Beautiful People is played when a wraith is making himself look human.
    I'd forgotten about that!

MoonChild1929 last.fm twitter tumblr

This is the new shit was featured in an episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation titled "Suckers".
    In Crossing Jordan, there was an episode (can't remember which one) Detective Hoyt asks a goth (who claims he's a vampire): "Too much light, Marilyn?" or something around these words.. probably a reference to Manson.
    What?