Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson discusses revisiting, and possibly completing, his 'Holy Wood' novel

Default Marilyn Manson discusses revisiting, and possibly completing, his 'Holy Wood' novel

Consequences Of Sound

Okay, good to know. For the diehards, and because we’ve touched on Holy Wood, what’s up with the Holy Wood novel? You announced it almost 20 years ago, and it still hasn’t seen the light of day.

Strange that you mention that. Two days ago, I opened it up for the first time in years because it was a very bitter experience in my life. I actually wrote a Holy Wood film, because New Line wanted to make it my version of The Wall.

One person at the movie company said, “Why don’t you make something like Hard to Hold?” and I said, “Do you mean the Rick Springfield movie?” [Laughs] I wasn’t insulted. I was just amused by it. But then I turned the script into a novel, and I re-read it for the first time two days ago and said, “I need to work on this right away.” And that’s why I’m in this hotel, because I’m going to finish it tonight. There’s only one thing to finish, just the finessing of chapter 13.

Is it the story of the Antichrist Superstar/Mechanical Animals/Holy Wood trilogy?

Originally the script was more guided towards that, because of The Wall aspect that the movie company wanted. So, it was more of a musically related thing that took those three records together. But putting it in a novel and re-reading it, it sounds more relevant now. It’s prominently interested in the president, his daughter, his wife, and this kid that wants to be just like them. The kid is growing up as a proletariat and wants to join this culture of Celebritarians — a word I made up and trademarked — and the daughter wanting to be unlike what she grew up living in.

All of this being based in and around an exaggerated version of Holy Wood, Hollywood, movie facade, backstage lots, and Death Valley, which could be a metaphor for everything. But the rest of the world is not even included in it. It’s inspired by things like Brave New World and 1984 and books of that nature. But strange you asked that because I opened it up two days ago and said, “Fuck, I gotta finish this thing.”

You mentioned “Celebritarian” What is that? I know it’s related to the cross on the cover of your new album, and you’ve used that cross in the past.

It’s inspired by the Cross of Lorraine, which was used by so many different things — the Red Cross, the crusades, fascists. I just thought it represented the idea that there were two previous Christs. There was Jesus and there was JFK, and the whole idea on Holy Wood was that they’re waiting for the third and final savior, and that’s what the president says he’s going to be. President White. And when I read it back now, it sounds so of the moment, more than when I wrote it around 1998 or 1999.
    I'm a little skeptical that Manson just happened to be reviewing the Holy Wood novel right before this reporter asked him about it. Still, it'd be as timely as ever. President White does seem to have some sort of incestuous relationship with Coma, after all...
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I remember reading a chapter of that book, and it actually seemed really promising. But like Phantasmagoria I'm not expecting to see it in this lifetime :)

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'll believe it when it's on Amazon. Praise Bezos.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I do not believe anything, he always says the same thing

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

Oh no, this again.

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Para-Noir on Facebook Visit Para-Noir's Instagram Channel

He seems more serious than the last time he spoke about this. But it's still Manson so....

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Someone asked Manson if he was going to finish it at a M n G in 2013, He said yes, I think he's always intended to.

lol ohh that Manson~

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Well I think he finally realized he needed to finish it. As he always wanted to, but now us a better time to release it then ever before.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

It would be fantastic if he would release it. From what we read of the book, he’s a great writer.

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post