Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SAY10 Music Video (feat. Johnny Depp)

Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

Ultimately, for me, is not about what's IN the video, but how the video was done, and the quality of the scenes.
    We all know a Manson video is gonna be a Manson face with make up, some tits and some symbolism here and there.
    The important thing is if this things are well placed or not, for me videos like deepsix or wkwyfl are poorly attempts of musical videos, with bad sequences and bad directed visual ideas.
    I'm so happy this is not the case, this a good quality video, the composition of the scenes, light manage, visual language, and use of camera, all is so well executed.
    Thank you for whoever who made this.
    I'm so happy to see a good Manson video again.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    That was charming. I liked it. One of my favorite Manson videos
    Really?? Not trying to be a dick but you can seriously say you think that video is better than Tourniquet or The Beautiful People?? Well fuck me running.
    To each his own, I suppose. Not saying it wasn't good but Antichrist had some pretty damn good vids.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Really?? Not trying to be a dick but you can seriously say you think that video is better than Tourniquet or The Beautiful People?? Well fuck me running.
    To each his own, I suppose. Not saying it wasn't good but Antichrist had some pretty damn good vids.
    He didn’t say it was better than anything, just one of his favorites. Didn’t say it was better than the ones you listed.

I was hoping the music video would make me dig the track more, as that sometimes happens, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    He didn’t say it was better than anything, just one of his favorites. Didn’t say it was better than the ones you listed.

I was hoping the music video would make me dig the track more, as that sometimes happens, but no.
    This is my only issue. He used to release great videos for great songs. This isn't the case. He delivered visuals and finally a music video that doesn't look cheap, but the song is average. Imagine a video like this for one of The Pale Emperor singles.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Not trying to be a dick (I actually am), but I do not think he is telling us that it is better than Tourniquet or TBP. Just ONE of his favorite vids

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
    This is my only issue. He used to release great videos for great songs. This isn't the case. He delivered visuals and finally a music video that doesn't look cheap, but the song is average. Imagine a video like this for one of The Pale Emperor singles.
    I would say the song is far from being Average. It's one of the best on the album. The video doesn't make me like the song more, because i already love it enough.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

My only complaint on this otherwise great video (I think the best post Lest we Forget) would be too much blood for too long in the ending. It almost reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAdniWncWu4

I like that gothic chair, I have similar one in black, now I think about buying white one...

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Really dig this! Bear in mind that having not been to any gigs on this tour, and my album not having arrived yet, this was also my first time hearing the complete song, which I really like.

When Manson and Depp are sitting across from each other in white/ black, aside from the obvious God/ Satan (Say10) reference, it's also calling to mind Jacob and The Man in Black from LOST, which we know Manson was a big fan of.
    That's funny, I thought the same exact thing re: LOST. I was even just talking about Jacob and the Man in Black with a friend last night.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I absolutely love SAY10 - (to me) its a tremendous song, certainly a top pick this outing.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    FILLER
    FILLER
    FILLER
    FILLER
    FILLER
    FILLER
    FILLER
    The majority of this video is shit made for the masses.
    Yeah, but it does have some cool shots I guess. It's not outright terrible like everything post No Reflection. I've kind of given up on Manson having a great music video again.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post