Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: The fusion of HUD and TPE

Default The fusion of HUD and TPE

Both are great works. But let's make an interesting assumption.

Do you think some positive ideas in HUD can help improve TPE?

Let's suppose that if he slows the completion of TPE and does not release HUD. If he puts only the good parts of HUD in TPE, would TPE be a better work?

Saturnalia, Say10, Jesus Crisis and Blood honey would have been suitable for TPE if they produced TPE's texture. If they were included, TPE would have been a more colorful and extensive composition.
    Last edited by hyde; 10-10-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Would be much better.

I also don't like records with just 10 songs, it's like "yeah, you like it? Want more? Too bad." .

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

I wouldn't change a single thing about The Pale Emperor. What textural elements do you mean?
    This space intentionally left blank.

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I agree with A Gruesome Discovery. The Pale Emperor is near-perfect for me. I put it right beside Mechanical Animals in the entire Manson line-up. Heaven Upside down has some cool elements to it, but those are the handful of more melodic songs that carry over from The Pale Emperor. That album felt as fresh as it did familiar, really the album he was always supposed to make. Heaven Upside Down seems to fall back onto Manson cliches at times.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Idunno On Twitter

Damn it. Double post delete this
    "We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

Follow Idunno On Twitter

I'm always thinking about what a fusion between Eat Me, Drink Me and The High End of Low with a good production would be like.
    "We were too dumb to run, too dead to die."

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Ever since we got the album cover of HUD I've been thinking they're brother albums because of the colors and probably because I had an idea of what it'd sound like since Tyler Bates was in it again. I kind of agree that both albums are a little too short in my opinion, maybe I'm used to having long Manson albums but after a couple listens I've appreciated that they don't drag too long like I felt with The High End of Low (Blank & White, Running To The Edge, Unkillable Monster, etc.)

Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down are like High End of Low and Eat Me Drink Me to me in a way that I really can't explain, probably how close they were released between each other or the theme of some of the songs on them.

tl;dr At first I thought Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down were too short but after a couple listens I appreciate that they just don't drag for too long and doesn't feel like they have filler tracks.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Most albums are too damned long nowadays, anyway. The length of vinyl records kept bands' overindulgence in check. Now every album has to be as long as The White Album, even if it has no business being anywhere near that long.
    And on that note, bands used to be waaay more productive. The Beatles were only actively releasing records for like 6 or 7 years, total, and released at least 3 masterpieces in that time. Bowie toured the world extensively and still released 11 studio albums in the 1970s. Now, everyone's trying to crank out 70-minute opuses every two to three years, and I think this is partly due to fatigue from having to write and record way more songs than necessary.
    Heaven Upside Down is the perfect length, I looooove The Pale Emperor but it probably could have been trimmed slightly (I like Birds of Hell Awaiting, but it could have been a b-side), and Antichrist Superstar-Mechanical Animals-Holywood definitely would have been double-albums had CDs/MP3s never come along.
    Has anyone in the history of the planet ever complained that Dark Side of the Moon isn't long enough?
    This space intentionally left blank.

13. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    Most albums are too damned long nowadays, anyway. The length of vinyl records kept bands' overindulgence in check. Now every album has to be as long as The White Album, even if it has no business being anywhere near that long.
    And on that note, bands used to be waaay more productive. The Beatles were only actively releasing records for like 6 or 7 years, total, and released at least 3 masterpieces in that time. Bowie toured the world extensively and still released 11 studio albums in the 1970s. Now, everyone's trying to crank out 70-minute opuses every two to three years, and I think this is partly due to fatigue from having to write and record way more songs than necessary.
    Heaven Upside Down is the perfect length, I looooove The Pale Emperor but it probably could have been trimmed slightly (I like Birds of Hell Awaiting, but it could have been a b-side), and Antichrist Superstar-Mechanical Animals-Holywood definitely would have been double-albums had CDs/MP3s never come along.
    Has anyone in the history of the planet ever complained that Dark Side of the Moon isn't long enough?
    Very true. And no. Listeners can lose interest after a hour or more of listening. Its actually ridiculous. 15 songs was a decent amount of content, but condensing it all into 10 or so more powerful tracks is way better.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

About album length, I think Holy Wood was a bit too long. I lose interest in it around the 3/4 even if there are good songs in the last part.

TPE and HUD have ideal length.
    "I have the fury of my own momentum"

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post