Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Upside Down Sales Thread

Loma Vista is such a bad label, they also didn't really promote Soundgarden's "King Animal".

Cooking Vinyl made a great campaign on Born Villain, "Flowers of Evil" was promoted during advertising-blocks for upcoming series/movies on one of the biggest TV channels in Germany.

TPE got a huge positive feedback in almost every magazine. They also paid for Front-Cover-stories.

Loma Vista didn't have the patience to print a good design for the Vinyl-Labels. If it wasn't his injury, he wouldn't be in the news that much.

There's no story that could capture people's attention, unlike other records. A lot of people could relate to the stories behind ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR, MECHANICAL ANIMALS and THE GOLDEN AGE OF GROTESQUE - which was one of the reasons why I got so invested in Marilyn Manson.

HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN doesn't tell any memorable story. It's just the same teenage slogans repeated multiple times. The compositions and the production are fantastic, thanks to Tyler Bates.

It seems as if the least likable bit of HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN is Marilyn Manson himself.

3. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    Having to cancel so many dates didn't help; Manson's always been good about hitting the road to promote a new release, and touring is really a rock band's bread and butter. I hope he can come back rested and ready to push HUD hard.
    It's a shame that albums (and movies, too) are judged by their first few hours of release; the days of sales/box office slowly picking up based on word of mouth are pretty much gone.
    Indeed. And a shed load of promo was no doubt cancelled along with the tour dates.

The promotion for HUD is truly embarrassing. Few adverts here and there, but nothing campaignlike at all. I guess Loma Vista concentrates purely in Ghost and none else.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Gee... it's almost like not releasing the album on time, giving no explanation, and ghosting your fan base for over half a year was a stupid career move. Who woulda thought?

Those sales numbers are painful. Not as painful as those prop revolvers, but still painful.

7. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post

It's almost like Marilyn Manson is irrelevant.

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I still have yet to receive any of my vinyl and the the. Only got the CD in the mail a few days ago, still late. There is no tracking on the order to even say it was shipped, unbelievable. TPE release went so smoothly and was the best release yet. The multiple editions and even the first ever MM album box set. People still have yet to get the album, so that might be hurting sales badly, since stores don't even have them yet. Ridiculous. It's a shame because I love the album so much. And on Manson's end, he seems to be trying to make this a great release, But things like his injury and the release itself is holding him back.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    There's no story that could capture people's attention, unlike other records. A lot of people could relate to the stories behind ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR, MECHANICAL ANIMALS and THE GOLDEN AGE OF GROTESQUE - which was one of the reasons why I got so invested in Marilyn Manson.

HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN doesn't tell any memorable story. It's just the same teenage slogans repeated multiple times. The compositions and the production are fantastic, thanks to Tyler Bates.

It seems as if the least likable bit of HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN is Marilyn Manson himself.
    I don't think TGAOG has a consistent theme, nor storyline whatsoever. It had many different themes, much like MA, but wasn't sequential as ACSS or HW. And Manson said there is a story to Heaven Upside Down, which maybe there is, and we can't recognize it, because we didn't right it.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Update. They just responded to my email:

Thank you for your order, and we apologize for the delay in your shipment. Due to manufacturing delays, your order has not yet shipped from our facility, but we expect your order to ship within the next couple business days. Once your order ships, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking information. Once again, we apologize for this delay. Please let us know if we can assist you further. Thank you.

- Loma Vista Bodega Support Team
    Yeah, throw in Gods Gonna Cut You Down for free. Lol Umm, thanks? They already emailed me a week ago on release day that the Slipmat was delayed and that they would send it separate, but I guess not. Ughh. Why pre order when you can buy it on release day in stores? Lol. Plus the order had the bundle and the black vinyl, so... They couldn't ship one at least? Despite the additional shipments. At least my White Vinyl finally shipped 2 days ago.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

This album is awesome and for the most part has been received very well by people. I actually see more positive feedback feom people then TPE. Say10 has hit a million views less than 3 days.

The album's expected to debut at number 8 on the Billboard 200:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=308807
    1 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (MCA) 48-53k SPS, 29-32k Sales
    2 *Lil Pump (Lights Global/Warner Bros.) 45-50k, 9-11k
    3 *NF (NF Real Music) 45-50k, 33-36k
    4 Post Malone (Republic) 40-44k, 3-4k
    5 *Kane Brown ‘Deluxe Edition’ (RCA Nashville) 39-43k, 25-28k
    6 Lil Uzi Vert (Generation Now/Atlantic) 37-40k, <1k
    7 A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie (Highbridge/Atlantic) 34-37k, 1-2k
    8 *Marilyn Manson (Loma Vista/Concord) 32-35k, 29-32k
    9 Imagine Dragon (Kidinakorner/Interscope) 32-35k, 11-13k
    10 Kendrick Lamar (TDE/Interscope) 29-32k, 3-4k

Seriously. I'm still pretty pissed off about this. If HUD had debuted with the same numbers TPE did (51k), there'd be a pretty good chance that this could've been Manson's third #1 album. As much as you all wanna talk about lack of promotion or label support, the truth is, it's there on iTunes and Amazon, so you sons of bitches in the US just didn't buy the damn thing. Aw well...

As far as the UK goes, it's on course to be the band's highest-charting album since The Golden Age of Grotesque. It sold 4,582 copies in the UK, as of Monday, and is still at #6 on the midweek chart (#5 has sold 6,006 copies, so HUD is on course to equal or surpass TPE's opening week figures). If that can happen in the UK, there is no reason why that couldn't happen in the US as well.