Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Upside Down Sales Thread

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
    It's not beating Manson in sales. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie is selling only 1k (embarrasing) but 99% of the sales come from streaming.
    Ah I see, I was wondering what those numbers mean, thanks for clarifying. Let's keep the name Marilyn Manson then, for now.

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Well, shit, I haven't cared about album sales in so long that I didn't even know they were counting streams as "sales". TPE was/is free on Amazon Prime and HUD is not. Surely that's a factor.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    He did give an explanation. Not on Valentine's Day, saying "guys, I know I said, but...", but he has given one in the recent interviews since. And it's a reasonable one. He decided it wasn't ready and had personal stuff going on with his father.
    That's what I mean. He gave no explanation in February.

Also, his dad died in July. He didn't have a day or two during that whole period to record the vocals for the 2 or 3 songs that hadn't been finished?

I've had long hangovers before, but Jesus Crisis, Manson...

There's also the fact that he isn't beholden to any of us and can do what he pleases.
    You're right that he doesn't owe us an explanation. Just like we don't owe it to him to buy his new record. Sounds fine on YouTube.
    Last edited by BreakingYourMomsOldMound; 10-13-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Typos.

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

UK Sales:
    5 Marilyn Manson - Heaven Upside Down (4,582 copies)

Quote Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
    UK Sales:
    5 Marilyn Manson - Heaven Upside Down (4,582 copies)
    Those sales are from the midweek chart posted on Monday. It probably did a little less than 6k for the official chart. We'll might find out sales on Monday when MusicWeek.com updates.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    That's what I mean. He gave no explanation in February.

Also, his dad died in July. He didn't have a day or two during that whole period to record the vocals for the 2 or 3 songs that hadn't been finished?

I've had long hangovers before, but Jesus Crisis, Manson...

You're right that he doesn't owe us an explanation. Just like we don't owe it to him to buy his new record. Sounds fine on YouTube.
    Pure obliteration lmao

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

You count up all the albums as around the world and it's going to pretty well considering a lot people don't buy albums anymore. As long as the album is good it only adds to his legacy. Bought every album since 1996 and the last 2 might be my favorite of them all.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDead View Post
    You count up all the albums as around the world and it's going to pretty well considering a lot people don't buy albums anymore. As long as the album is good it only adds to his legacy. Bought every album since 1996 and the last 2 might be my favorite of them all.
    Ditto. I mean, it'd be cool to see him topping the charts in 2017 - considering how easy it may seem, in the US at least - but, regardless, the commercial performance or reviews don't really change the fact that I fucking love his last 2 albums. A couple of duff tracks here and there (Warship, Birds, KILL4ME, Jesus, Threats), but the best songs from TPE and HUD (Killing, Third Day, Mephistopheles, R12, WKWYFL, Saturnalia) are right up there with the best songs from the band's '90s albums.

And then you listen to the latest records from some of his '90s contemporaries, and the difference is obvious. I've been meaning to check out Billy Corgan's latest solo album, but all of the Smashing Pumpkins stuff from the last decade sucks. And then there's NIN -- Trent has been remaking the same 5 songs over and over again since Year Zero. And I'm pretty sure most of the comments you see on HUD reviews are from butthurt Trent fanboys, jealous-as-fuck that the former protégé is making superior albums to the supposed master.

I'm gonna enjoy HUD regardless of how many copies it sells. Still, that doesn't preclude me wishing more people purchased the damn thing.
    Last edited by Homeostasis; 10-13-2017 at 06:33 PM.

According to HDD (not Billboard) HUD sold 28k first week and it's #2 best-selling album of the week. Overall it's #9 with 32k including streaming.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

#9 in Germany

TPE peaked at #4