Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Upside Down Sales Thread

From what i can tell,

Streamers tend to be younger or casual listeners (or people streaming a particular chart song for example).

Manson fans are certainly not casual listeners and care about their artist. They tend to be older too (assumption) and more nostalgic when it comes to OWNING music rather than casually streaming it.

This would explain the lack of numbers on the streaming side in my opinion. But its no bad thing. If Manson sells well rather than streams it means he can expect a large audience for his tours (which is th money maker).

Honestly it shocks me how little the youth of today (even musicians) are actually INTO music. They stream and skip. “I love Led Zeppelin” or “I LOVE Muse” they proclaim.... then when quizzed, they know a couple of their greatest hits. No deep cuts or b-sides or non single songs in general. When i was in my teens I would get INTO bands. Buy everything I could. Explore as much as possible.

Streaming (which I do 20% of my time) has made music so disposable and uninteresting. No connection to the artist or art.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

I honestly don't understand it either. He has like 7 million facebook "fans", yet not even 1 in 10 buy his new album. An album costs about as much as a pizza. 4-digit album sales in huge regions like the UK or Japan are shocking.

Streaming is convenient, but there are people out there who don't even care about supporting their artist in that regard (and post links to some crappy unofficial YouTube uploads etc.). Sometimes I stream the album on a loop, just to generate more streams on Spotify. Kind of sad to know that there aren't millions of people out there who think the same way, but only a few thousand.

I'm surprised there's no Special Edition this time, think about it. If only 1,000 hardcore fans buy a $250 boxset, that's $250K. Are there any official sales numbers for the TPE boxset? I think there were 1,000 copies made, did they end up producing more or are there still boxsets left (and on sale in the online store)?

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalarts View Post
    From what i can tell,

Streamers tend to be younger or casual listeners (or people streaming a particular chart song for example).

Manson fans are certainly not casual listeners and care about their artist. They tend to be older too (assumption) and more nostalgic when it comes to OWNING music rather than casually streaming it.

This would explain the lack of numbers on the streaming side in my opinion. But its no bad thing. If Manson sells well rather than streams it means he can expect a large audience for his tours (which is th money maker).

Honestly it shocks me how little the youth of today (even musicians) are actually INTO music. They stream and skip. “I love Led Zeppelin” or “I LOVE Muse” they proclaim.... then when quizzed, they know a couple of their greatest hits. No deep cuts or b-sides or non single songs in general. When i was in my teens I would get INTO bands. Buy everything I could. Explore as much as possible.

Streaming (which I do 20% of my time) has made music so disposable and uninteresting. No connection to the artist or art.
    The streaming rule about singles counting for album sales is kind of fishy. Right now some random rappers can get a hit with 100m streams and make it look like he's selling 100k albums when in reality he's only selling 1k.

Marilyn Manson would debut at #2. But well, new generation i guess..

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post
    I honestly don't understand it either. He has like 7 million facebook "fans", yet not even 1 in 10 buy his new album. An album costs about as much as a pizza. 4-digit album sales in huge regions like the UK or Japan are shocking.

Streaming is convenient, but there are people out there who don't even care about supporting their artist in that regard (and post links to some crappy unofficial YouTube uploads etc.). Sometimes I stream the album on a loop, just to generate more streams on Spotify. Kind of sad to know that there aren't millions of people out there who think the same way, but only a few thousand.

I'm surprised there's no Special Edition this time, think about it. If only 1,000 hardcore fans buy a $250 boxset, that's $250K. Are there any official sales numbers for the TPE boxset? I think there were 1,000 copies made, did they end up producing more or are there still boxsets left (and on sale in the online store)?
    Another reason I got excited about the pale emperor. That box set was outstanding.

Sometimes I stream the album on a loop, just to generate more streams on Spotify.

Well it takes 1500 song streams to equal an album purchase, so what you are doing is basically pointless.

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by JT_ View Post
    Well it takes 1500 song streams to equal an album purchase, so what you are doing is basically pointless.
    1,500 song streams = 150 album listens. If I listen to the album let's say 10 times a day (which I currently am), that's an extra album sale every 15 days. Pointless? Well yeah, about as pointless as buying his CD if I'm the only one doing this, but if only 10,000 people streamed the album 10 times (more than they currently are) a day, that'd make 4,666 album sales per week. Just saying.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmci.../#7654795518ed

Basically I'm just saying that if less people were lazy ass farts, their favorite artist could be way more successful.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

1,500 song streams = 150 album listens. If I listen to the album let's say 10 times a day (which I currently am), that's an extra album sale every 15 days. Pointless? Well yeah, about as pointless as buying his CD if I'm the only one doing this, but if only 10,000 people streamed the album 10 times (more than they currently are) a day, that'd make 4,666 album sales per week. Just saying.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmci.../#7654795518ed

Basically I'm just saying that if less people were lazy ass farts, their favorite artist could be way more successful.

I don't think inflating numbers is a measure of success, but as you were if it makes you happy.

I feel the botched press on this album caused a low sale as well. I was really hyped for Valentine's day but then....nothing. I'm on the offical Facebook, Twiiter, and Instagram for MM and didn't get a lot of updates for this album (maybe because my settings aren't right? who knows). I didn't know it was even coming out until I visited iTunes.

Plus, the box sets were not up to par like TPE. I'm still mad at Loma Vista for not getting back to me about my question, plus no word on the slipmat yet (If anyone knows about that, please let me know what you know. Loma doesn't contact me at all and I'm pretty cordial in my emails).

However, MM is pretty much the only physical album I will buy anymore. All my other music now are digital and I support the artists I enjoy. I never buy CDs anymore unless it it MM.

That's just IMHO.
    "A pill to make you numb. A pill to make you dumb. A pill to make you anybody else. But all the drugs in this world, won't save her from herself."

LOL, crash and burn.

What'd Manson say about KISS?

In his most recent piece of press, Manson spoke to NME, who showed him photos of people Manson might be familair with to get his opinion on them. He gushed about Johnny Depp and Charlie Hunnam but when he got to KISS, all he had to say to describe them is “four gay dudes in Halloween costumes.” This is a bummer.
    But those "four gay dudes" sold 132,000 copies of their last album in the U.S. alone the first year of its release. Pretty pathetic there, Brian. Next time save yourself the embarrassment and think twice before opening your big fucking mouth.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    LOL, crash and burn.

What'd Manson say about KISS?

But those "four gay dudes" sold 132,000 copies of their last album in the U.S. alone the first year of its release. Pretty pathetic there, Brian. Next time save yourself the embarrassment and think twice before opening your big fucking mouth.
    He's was just joking you schmuck
    Chillin' Killin'

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post