Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Upside Down Sales Thread

These numbers are actually great. Miley Cyrus sold 33,000 copies last week and she had a Top 10 hit on Billboard. Demi Lovato sold 48,000 copies. We are talking about a rock band with more than 20 years of mainstream success. The fact he can still pull these numbers and debut in Top 10 with virtually no promo is amazing. I blame the low sales these days more than all other factors that have been discussed in this thread.

If he sells 30,000k + it can be considered a succesful debut.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    Gee... it's almost like not releasing the album on time, giving no explanation, and ghosting your fan base for over half a year was a stupid career move. Who woulda thought?

Those sales numbers are painful. Not as painful as those prop revolvers, but still painful.
    He did give an explanation. Not on Valentine's Day, saying "guys, I know I said, but...", but he has given one in the recent interviews since. And it's a reasonable one. He decided it wasn't ready and had personal stuff going on with his father.

There's also the fact that he isn't beholden to any of us and can do what he pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Homeostasis View Post
    The album's expected to debut at number 8 on the Billboard 200:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=308807
    1 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (MCA) 48-53k SPS, 29-32k Sales
    2 *Lil Pump (Lights Global/Warner Bros.) 45-50k, 9-11k
    3 *NF (NF Real Music) 45-50k, 33-36k
    4 Post Malone (Republic) 40-44k, 3-4k
    5 *Kane Brown ‘Deluxe Edition’ (RCA Nashville) 39-43k, 25-28k
    6 Lil Uzi Vert (Generation Now/Atlantic) 37-40k, <1k
    7 A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie (Highbridge/Atlantic) 34-37k, 1-2k
    8 *Marilyn Manson (Loma Vista/Concord) 32-35k, 29-32k
    9 Imagine Dragon (Kidinakorner/Interscope) 32-35k, 11-13k
    10 Kendrick Lamar (TDE/Interscope) 29-32k, 3-4k

Seriously. I'm still pretty pissed off about this. If HUD had debuted with the same numbers TPE did (51k), there'd be a pretty good chance that this could've been Manson's third #1 album. As much as you all wanna talk about lack of promotion or label support, the truth is, it's there on iTunes and Amazon, so you sons of bitches in the US just didn't buy the damn thing. Aw well...
    Damn straight, streaming and digital sales accounts for so much of the market now you can't really ignore it and, while many of us here will have pre-ordered and will be waiting for the copy to come in the mail and may not want to pay out for another digital copy to tide us over, there are a lot of more casual fans that can just be picking it up online, but probably aren't because it leaked early.

Quote Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
    These numbers are actually great. Miley Cyrus sold 33,000 copies last week and she had a Top 10 hit on Billboard. Demi Lovato sold 48,000 copies. We are talking about a rock band with more than 20 years of mainstream success. The fact he can still pull these numbers and debut in Top 10 with virtually no promo is amazing. I blame the low sales these days more than all other factors that have been discussed in this thread.

If he sells 30,000k + it can be considered a succesful debut.
    Yep. They're not bad numbers. I sometimes think people still base their comparisons on his older albums, when really the comparisons should be against the other albums on the charts at the time.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

All I see on US charts is weird misspelled rapper names with wrong strange $ymbols and abbreviations.

"A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie"? This beats the new Manson album in sales? No wonder Manson is making friends with Little Uzi, if that's what's selling records these days, why not. Make a rap album wit da Uzi. Edit: Or change the name to Lil Manson, how bout dat?

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Homeostasis View Post
    so you sons of bitches in the US just didn't buy the damn thing. Aw well...

If that can happen in the UK, there is no reason why that couldn't happen in the US as well.
    Hey now I am in the US(AssHoles) and snagged 3 copies! =)
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

In my shithole country they don't have the new album yet.I'm really ticked off .
    Chillin' Killin'

First charts starting to come through:

Finished at #7 on the UK albums chart: http://www.officialcharts.com/artist...arilyn-manson/
    Actually the band's 2nd highest charting studio album ever (TGAOG reached #4)

HUD at #35 in Ireland (disappointing, since it spent most of the week in the top 10 on iTunes there)

#5 in Scotland
    #6 in New Zealand
    #9 in Germany
    #14 in Sweden and Italy
    #28 in the Netherlands

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Interesting looking at the breakdown of the UK charts. He's at number 5 on the Sales chart but not even in the top 100 for Streaming.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2017-10-16/p/3/

HUD at #29 in Japan with first week sales of 1,805. Exactly half of what TPE sold on week 1 there (3,610).

Quote Originally Posted by Korpz View Post
    Loma Vista did a terrible job and really its a disservice to HUD and Manson's camp. Hearing a fair shake a people still waiting on their orders, no confirmation #'s, poor response from customer support.
    I am never a dick to service reps but the company shows little concern and a stagnant attitude as to making things right. You botched it - fix it - and give a little something extra other than a typed apology.
    I shouldn't have to work to get satisfaction and if I do I usually demand blood!
    Like a viiiiiper
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

15. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post
    All I see on US charts is weird misspelled rapper names with wrong strange $ymbols and abbreviations.

"A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie"? This beats the new Manson album in sales? No wonder Manson is making friends with Little Uzi, if that's what's selling records these days, why not. Make a rap album wit da Uzi. Edit: Or change the name to Lil Manson, how bout dat?
    It's not beating Manson in sales. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie is selling only 1k (embarrasing) but 99% of the sales come from streaming.

17. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post