Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Upside Down Sales Thread

GERMAN ALBUM CHARTS

#9 Heaven Upside Down

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...wn-rock-charts

Marilyn Manson leads Alternative Albums for the first time with Heaven Upside Down, the band's 10th studio album -- moving 35,000 units (32,000 in traditional sales), according to Nielsen Music, and debuting at No. 1 on the chart dated Oct. 28.
    How's that the case when MA and GAOG topped the overall album chart? Or did they decide those didn't count as "Alternative"?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPogo View Post
    How's that the case when MA and GAOG topped the overall album chart? Or did they decide those didn't count as "Alternative"?
    Billboard albums-genre charts have only existed since EMDM-times. 'Twas only their singles-genre charts that have been going on since before any of us were born.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2017-10-23/p/5/

HUD has had a pretty decent second week in Japan. Sticks at #45 with sales of 1,142 copies. TPE dropped to #83 with sales of 1,132 copies on its second week, by the way.

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

US second week according to HDD

20 (2) 6,719

Total 38,719

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

US third week HDD

48 (20) 3,504

Total 42,223

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Manson usually ends up tripling his first week album sales in the US:

THEOL: 49,000 first week versus 148,000 total
    BV: 38k vs. 122k total
    TPE: 51k vs. 145-ish,000 total

I don't really see HUD doing the same at this rate. Of course, if Manson/Loma Vista wanna buck the trend with some sort of album/ticket bundling package in time for the next North American tour, that'd be cool. Or maybe Manson could do some digital album-sale bundle thing for Ozzfest Meets Knotfest. Imagine the press in a couple of weeks: "HUD sells more in week 5 than it did in week 1". Would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Homeostasis View Post
    Manson usually ends up tripling his first week album sales in the US:

THEOL: 49,000 first week versus 148,000 total
    BV: 38k vs. 122k total
    TPE: 51k vs. 145-ish,000 total

I don't really see HUD doing the same at this rate. Of course, if Manson/Loma Vista wanna buck the trend with some sort of album/ticket bundling package in time for the next North American tour, that'd be cool. Or maybe Manson could do some digital album-sale bundle thing for Ozzfest Meets Knotfest. Imagine the press in a couple of weeks: "HUD sells more in week 5 than it did in week 1". Would be cool.
    Physical sales are dying fast. This might struggle to cross the 100k mark. Tour bundle would be cool. Not sure it would make a huge difference. But it would easily cross 100k sales.

US 4th week

Total - 44,300

Quote Originally Posted by pabloccb View Post
    Physical sales are dying fast. This might struggle to cross the 100k mark. Tour bundle would be cool. Not sure it would make a huge difference. But it would easily cross 100k sales.
    I'm amazed how poorly stuff sells these days, for pretty much everyone; based on a ticket sales to album sales ratio only 1 in 4 people going to his UK tour bought the album in the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPogo View Post
    I'm amazed how poorly stuff sells these days, for pretty much everyone; based on a ticket sales to album sales ratio only 1 in 4 people going to his UK tour bought the album in the first week.
    Although we don't have the sale numbers I Germany (at least I don't know if s place where this would be published) it's strange that the concerts in Munich and Berlin are sold out but the sales seem to be not that good. I mean the location in Berlin has 12500 tickets alone... and there are 4 concerts I Germany. He hasn't had so many ticket sales since the grotesk burlesk tour.
    But I think a lot of the people are only streaming everything...it's sad to see the physical copies becoming more and more irrelevant.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post