Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Dr.Suess a racist? A lot seem to think so now.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Default Was Dr.Suess a racist? A lot seem to think so now.

Yes. ...This is a real nationwide controversy....and people are livid.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...rsy/740978001/
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Let's meet that librarian who says the First Lady's gift of Dr. Suess books was horribly racist:

This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    Let's meet that librarian who says the First Lady's gift of Dr. Suess books was horribly racist:

https://s1.postimg.org/4psey09hhr/44...ol_librari.jpg
    Yep. Makes sense.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 10-21-2017 at 06:49 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Every piece of white literature is racist. English is inherently racist. White people just can't help themselves; they carry the 'racist gene' as admitted by numerous white social scientists. This scientifically explains white peoples' unconscious racism. Not all Asians (and I literally mean every single one) eat rice or use chopsticks; therefore, this egregious stereotype is rendered invalid. Even Wilhelm Shakespeare was a Nazi by today's definition, because he wasn't inclusive and culturally diverse enough in his work. Conversely, any mention of a non-white person by a white person in any novel is always a caricature and, by definition, racist. It doesn't stop with racism either: Bram Stoker wrote a horrible story pandering to the xenophobic alt-right of the Victorian era. We need to burn all traces of white work from these outright racist times so we can live in civility and peace, like they do in every country not ruled by whites.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

hurr durr durr SJWs are so dumb that we elected Donald Trump President and yet these liberal sissies keep having the gall to be a little too sensitive about racism hurr durr what big dummies

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Ironically, it's the left who are always talking about how superior and advantaged whites are. The KKK can't even keep up with them.

First, I'd just like to point out to @Golden Eel that this thread has nothing to do with Donald Trump being illegitimately elected as President due to a handful of Russian ads that were on Twitter and Facebook, Pokemon Go and people who were alarmed by comments being made in mid/late 2016 supporting the idea of entering into a real militaristic hot war to combat cyber crimes against a nuclear superpower. This thread is only about the idealistic tripe that the purist, pearl clutching moralists of today are professing. We are indeed in yet another moral panic, and what we need again as is always the case in times of crisis and hysteria whenever it tends to come along every decade or so is comedy. Artists play a major role in creating wartime caricatures as well as satire in in order to bring an end to said moral panics. I think that Trump does an excellent job of depicting himself as a cartoon to the point where he doesn't need to be illustrated as an ineffective, dictator of the Twitterverse only clown by anyone other than himself. For example, whenever Trump was at the UN General Assembly, he was mocked and laughed at. There was no tension or outrage among other world leaders. Only face palming and chuckling. Even George Dubya is on the side of the #Resistance (who are going Nazi hunting this Nov.4th), movement I predict will achieve their goal of reestablishing the corporate status quo true leadership of our country again once this monster is voted out of office. And as for monsters? They are necessary to feed our hate and fear addictions. Monsters and a feeling of impending doom force us to make sense out of the world, to rally against something, to make us want to find a common ground. Also, ...to make those monsters...afraid of us. Moving on. I'm sure you're glad that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by SangreV View Post
    Every piece of white literature is racist. English is inherently racist. White people just can't help themselves; they carry the 'racist gene' as admitted by numerous white social scientists. This scientifically explains white peoples' unconscious racism. Not all Asians (and I literally mean every single one) eat rice or use chopsticks; therefore, this egregious stereotype is rendered invalid. Even Wilhelm Shakespeare was a Nazi by today's definition, because he wasn't inclusive and culturally diverse enough in his work. Conversely, any mention of a non-white person by a white person in any novel is always a caricature and, by definition, racist. It doesn't stop with racism either: Bram Stoker wrote a horrible story pandering to the xenophobic alt-right of the Victorian era. We need to burn all traces of white work from these outright racist times so we can live in civility and peace, like they do in every country not ruled by whites.
    This is why I both espouse illiteracy, being a minefield of information and in knowing that I, as an accidentally born white man, am inherently racist, sexist and appalling in general. It's my way of saying "I'm sorry.". That no matter what I do or have to say is sadly blind to obvious hatred, victimization, rooted in privilege that causes me to be incapable of seeing. Everything I've ever been educated or entertained by contains blatant and literal assault upon other cultures.

Charles Darwin? Racist. Mark Twain? Racist. Walt Disney? Racist. An author that I've grown to appreciate to help purge my prejudices that I am unaware of is Marita van der Vyver. Out of the many authors that I enjoy, she is perhaps my favorite now. I recommend "Griet skryf'n Sprokie" (which is available in 11 different languages) as well as "Die Ongelooflike Avonture van Hanna Hokem" Novel/Film. Highly enjoyable. Why? Because I can't understand them enough to really have any particular understanding of what is actually being said or what any of her works represent. All I know is that they make me feel diverse and intelligent.for simply being able to say, "Oh yeah. I went there.". At the same time, I am learning exactly how uneducated I am the more I watch foreign films, read multilingual literature, separating myself from subtle persuasiveness towards becoming even more of a white devil than I already am. I can't even look back at animal association hour in school without the guilt of being an anthropocentric bastard now if that says anything.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 10-22-2017 at 05:27 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Oh brother Shangs, I know the folly of whiteness! Until very recently, I identified as a typical cisgendered, binary, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, nazi, privileged white male - but worst of all: a Trump supporter. It wasn't until a blanket of white guilt got the best of me, and I decided to commit suicide. Only I failed, and it was then that I realized that I was a victim too - of my own inherent proclivity towards oppression! Soon after I learned that there was an identity awaiting me. Today, I'm a genderless Harry-Potter-kin queer-quail. Tomorrow, I'm a panracially-fluid gender-brave named Mo DeShawndeontay Ro'hondameel-DeMarquis the Second.

But I'm still suffering from post-Trump stress disorder, which I acquired after I took back my consensual vote for Trump. I've had to quit my job as a part-time social worker and go on welfare (despite my Gender Studies & Black History Month degrees), and I've been forced to cancel all of my weekly online otherkin meetups for the forseeable future. Of course, capitalist inequality is partially to blame, but thankfully my two gender-fluid dads-turned-moms-turned-dads aren't charging me rent. My doctor told me that the only cure is a steady dose of Hillary Clinton. It's obvious that Trump colluded with Putin, allowed the Russians to hack the election, changed votes, took out campaign winning facebook ads, and tried to hide this with obstruction. Now it appears that he's trying to frame Hillary, Podesta and Obama (and friends) by claiming they were the ones colluding with Russians, selling out the country, engaging in pay-for-play schemes, as if this wasn't known a long time ago; all of this orchestrated by Alex Jones. I don't even remember what George Bush did, but I forgive him anyways - I mean, he's an angel next to Trump. I've been watching the gender-bravery of MSNBC's Mr. Maddow religiously. Is the nuclear holocaust over yet?

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

MINORITIES ARE ASKING FOR MORE RESPECT AND THIS IS A PERSONAL AFFRONT TO ME AS AN HUMAN BEING. IT ALL STARTED GOING DOWNHILL WITH US GIVING THE BLACKS THE RIGHT OF PERSONHOOD.

THESE SJW LIBERALS ARE ABSURD, ALL THEY DO IS WHINE ON THE INTERNET ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE OFFENDING THEIR DELICATE SENSIBILITIES. I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE ACTING THAT WAY.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    MINORITIES ARE ASKING FOR MORE RESPECT AND THIS IS A PERSONAL AFFRONT TO ME AS AN HUMAN BEING. IT ALL STARTED GOING DOWNHILL WITH US GIVING THE BLACKS THE RIGHT OF PERSONHOOD.

THESE SJW LIBERALS ARE ABSURD, ALL THEY DO IS WHINE ON THE INTERNET ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE OFFENDING THEIR DELICATE SENSIBILITIES. I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE ACTING THAT WAY.
    That's so literally Hitler.