Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Dr.Suess a racist? A lot seem to think so now.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Seems like people have literally ran out of things to get angry/ offended about. So now we're resorting to Dr. Seuss books. Lol.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Seems like people have literally ran out of things to get angry/ offended about. So now we're resorting to Dr. Seuss books. Lol.
    Being offended is a form of social currency. Money creates inequality, and social currencies correct this. It doesn't possess as much value as virtue signaling, nor is it anywhere close in worth to victimhood. Being offended ensures that you'll get by in life, or at least on twitter.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

For every 1 dumb thing I hear some dumb liberal arts professor throwing a fit about, I hear 10,000 Shangri-LIEs and SangreVs absolutely exploding with the need to scream to everybody within reach how dumb those sissies are for being offended at things. I don't even care about this oversensitive liberal crap. I think it's dumb almost all of the time, but it's the absolute most insignificant shit that half the country has decided to latch onto as a grave threat to freedom or some shit.

It's just suuuuuch a tired and played out bit at this point. It's dumb and annoying - okay, we all get it. But it usually comes from the most pure intentions and completely innocuous place. Trying to get people to stop being cunts. It gets a little overzealous sometimes, but so the fuck what? Wow, what an ideal target to settle on and berate constantly. They're basically proto-fascist thought police.

So these whiny liberals are like a minor nuisance, but the SangreVs of the world who make it their life's mission to throw a huge fit when they hear one of their SJW bingo words are soooo much more crushing and overwhelming and mindless, spewing the same crap every day about everything from every angle. And they've somehow taken over one of the major political parties in the US so there's not a lot of room for change until they decide to stop getting so goddamn triggered by some hippies saying some silly thing.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Youíre the only one whoís routinely triggered. Iím having a laugh, itís called humour. Get a sense of it before you go on another tweaked-fueled tirade.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

@Golden Eel - I have no problem with equal treatment of and providing more opportunities for minorities to thrive in society. I have no problem with fighting for actual justice. You see, that's the thing. It's people who go about trying to change public perception and policies like completely selfish, narcissistic retards only to have it constantly backfire as a lot of street "mercenaries"/internet based social justice paragons of pejoratives led and enabled by crusading charlatans that imperil any real pathway of progressiveness by making clowns of themselves and those who actually are marginalized in society. It's people who start Youtube channels and blogs with instructions to identify all men as rapists or soon to be rapists. That all white people are racists. That if you show any sort of patriotism and appreciation of our actual rights and not customized, specially "owed rights", that means you most certainly belong to a subversive hate group. Patriotism is now synonymous with "Nazism". Gee, why are people who think that way are mocked and not taken seriously? Oh, and this doesn't just apply to white people either. It also wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for many of our schools/universities allowing this mentality to thrive if not directly indoctrinating those already confused and fucked over by the of touch status quo. Welcome to the perpetually victimized Olympics where the participants are already starting to cannibalize each other.

There are people who actively fight for prison reform who work in the criminal justice system. The "Black Lives Matter" movement causes more problems not only to those who work in that career field, but also for black people overall in how they generalize all black people as impoverished, unable to succeed on their own, uneducated and still literally enslaved in modern society. There are more black separatists in this country than there are white supremacists, and I'm not saying that "coz look who's worse.". It's due to fringe elements such as BLM activists. It's a fucking shame too as I actually do support their core message. Want to know how to actually change anything? Go into a field where whatever you are fighting for gives you that power/influence. Enter into politics. Enter into law enforcement. Enter into a position within our educational systems. Cooperate and attempt to sway and at the very least attempt to achieve a compromise and understanding with your representatives instead of chanting death threats at them. Don't go on T-Shirt and placard campaigns or organizing a day of nationwide riots such as what is planned for Nov.4th by fringe, lunatic morons who we know as ANTIFA. There are fascists in this country as well as hate groups and systemic institutionalized racism/discrimination, but there are other SANE ways to deal with it. So again, do you know how to make progress? Go through the proper channels. Contact representatives and meet with law enforcement officials. Establish a direct line of communication with them. Go into a field of criminal justice, apply for a government job of any sort, pursue careers within our schools etc...

Also. Academic feminism is hurting women. This is not my opinion. This is actually true. So, please spare me, this thread as well as anyone you speak to your pathetic virtue signaling. It's not rooted in logic or reality. Identity politics and tribalism are not indicative of clear rational thinking whenever it comes to attempting to reason honestly about facts. Your identity doesn't matter. Censuring/censoring other peoples arguments, being completely antithetical to the ideas and thoughts of anyone else who presents a challenge to how you personally feel, think and what you believe in (especially with the use of violence or the threat thereof) while debating anything based simply on who you are is not rooted in reality and you will not win. You will not make any progress and that's what people such as this librarian for example fail to realize. When everything is described as sexist, racist or oppressive, that is not indicative of clear thinking.

Stick to Buzzfeed, Tumblr and Vox if you want to express these views and learn all about how to keep threats, who is anyone and everyone now that doesn't agree with you in check and in need of being stamped out.

Oh, and don't forget. ...

Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 10-23-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

8. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

I would be shocked if he wasn't. Thinking otherwise is like being horrified Tintin and the Asterix comics were rascist as all fuck, not like they have back edited them in anyway. On an objective level, as a person of his time, he certainly was not above using every single racist trope he could, and used it well.

Most notably the thousands of drawings he did as part of the propaganda unit in WWII, for example:

These last ones were from before he did his main books, and not for war propaganda. Many of which served as the testing ground for later characters that went into the children's books:

There is in fact, quite a lot written on the topic of Dr Seuss' racial and social politics, much of which is reasonably nuanced and interesting. I would recommend chapter nine (American Popular Culture and the Politics of Race in Dr. Seuss: The Sneetches) in E. Bracey's On racism: essays on Black popular culture, African American politics, and the new Black aesthetics. For the role of race in the Pacific, the standard text is still the 1993 book by Dower, War without mercy race and power in the pacific war. Covers images, propaganda and the impact on both Asian and US society and violence - including Seuss.
    Last edited by Enname; 11-15-2017 at 01:22 AM.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    @Golden Eel - I have no problem with equal treatment of and providing more opportunities for minorities to thrive in society. I have no problem with fighting for actual justice. You see, that's the thing. It's people who go about trying to change public perception and policies like completely selfish, narcissistic retards only to have it constantly backfire as a lot of street "mercenaries"/internet based social justice paragons of pejoratives led and enabled by crusading charlatans that imperil any real pathway of progressiveness by making clowns of themselves and those who actually are marginalized in society. It's people who start Youtube channels and blogs with instructions to identify all men as rapists or soon to be rapists. That all white people are racists. That if you show any sort of patriotism and appreciation of our actual rights and not customized, specially "owed rights", that means you most certainly belong to a subversive hate group. Patriotism is now synonymous with "Nazism". Gee, why are people who think that way are mocked and not taken seriously? Oh, and this doesn't just apply to white people either. It also wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for many of our schools/universities allowing this mentality to thrive if not directly indoctrinating those already confused and fucked over by the of touch status quo. Welcome to the perpetually victimized Olympics where the participants are already starting to cannibalize each other.

There are people who actively fight for prison reform who work in the criminal justice system. The "Black Lives Matter" movement causes more problems not only to those who work in that career field, but also for black people overall in how they generalize all black people as impoverished, unable to succeed on their own, uneducated and still literally enslaved in modern society. There are more black separatists in this country than there are white supremacists, and I'm not saying that "coz look who's worse.". It's due to fringe elements such as BLM activists. It's a fucking shame too as I actually do support their core message. Want to know how to actually change anything? Go into a field where whatever you are fighting for gives you that power/influence. Enter into politics. Enter into law enforcement. Enter into a position within our educational systems. Cooperate and attempt to sway and at the very least attempt to achieve a compromise and understanding with your representatives instead of chanting death threats at them. Don't go on T-Shirt and placard campaigns or organizing a day of nationwide riots such as what is planned for Nov.4th by fringe, lunatic morons who we know as ANTIFA. There are fascists in this country as well as hate groups and systemic institutionalized racism/discrimination, but there are other SANE ways to deal with it. So again, do you know how to make progress? Go through the proper channels. Contact representatives and meet with law enforcement officials. Establish a direct line of communication with them. Go into a field of criminal justice, apply for a government job of any sort, pursue careers within our schools etc...

Also. Academic feminism is hurting women. This is not my opinion. This is actually true. So, please spare me, this thread as well as anyone you speak to your pathetic virtue signaling. It's not rooted in logic or reality. Identity politics and tribalism are not indicative of clear rational thinking whenever it comes to attempting to reason honestly about facts. Your identity doesn't matter. Censuring/censoring other peoples arguments, being completely antithetical to the ideas and thoughts of anyone else who presents a challenge to how you personally feel, think and what you believe in (especially with the use of violence or the threat thereof) while debating anything based simply on who you are is not rooted in reality and you will not win. You will not make any progress and that's what people such as this librarian for example fail to realize. When everything is described as sexist, racist or oppressive, that is not indicative of clear thinking.

Stick to Buzzfeed, Tumblr and Vox if you want to express these views and learn all about how to keep threats, who is anyone and everyone now that doesn't agree with you in check and in need of being stamped out.

Oh, and don't forget. ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ6WisrW8AAH0Yk.png
    lol this is stupid as fuck. Is it so difficult for you to understand this isn't a binary choice? I can think SJWs are retarded and also think anti-SJW crusaders are retarded. I can completely disagree with all SJWs talking points and also think the constant ceaseless bitching extreme over-correction from the anti-SJW crowd is laughably, demonstrably more harmful than anything SJWs get up to. Half your post is written like you're trying to convince me to stop being a feminist or identity politics crusader which once again proves you don't read anything I say.

You have no idea what I think but you geniuses keep trying to come at me with this "hurr durr cuck got ya triggered" shit as if I don't think trigger warnings are the dumbest shit in the world. Or as if I don't think culture identity need to be bred out. Or as if I don't think humans need to move towards using a singular language. Or as if I don't regularly use the words retard and faggot and nigger. You act as if I don't think the least mentally fit humans should be paid for fucking sterilization. You act as if I've ever put one second of thought into being politically correct.

You have no idea. No, I just called people out for being morons about one specific situation. I was able to view a scenario without my fandom or political views forming my opinion for me. That's all it took to be labelled as some rad-fem triggered SJW lmao. I only felt the way I did about the situation because I believe a woman would never lie about rape. Yep, that's all it took. I think Twiggy should be imprisoned based on that alone. Give me a break.

No, I'm some fringe SJW now because I had the unreal opinion that it's cunty and illogical to approach rape situations with the default view of "she's lying" and moving forward from there with the intention of trying to prove your hypothesis. But since so many people don't know how to operate eyeballs or a brain, that somehow got interpreted as "we should automatically believe all women who claim rape the end" which is hilariously the exact opposite of the point I was making - that it shouldn't be approached with either conclusion already in mind. None of this is an SJW opinion. This is too lenient on rapists for radical feminists.

So post all the 'totally 100% real guys' tumblr screenshots you want and feel super badass taking down this strawman of me you've built inaccurately on one or two improperly interpreted opinions I've had. I'm gonna go read Buzzfeed, Tumblr, and Vox because those are all things I definitely have ever done before.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

@Golden Eel ... K
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I tried to get the thread back on topic. I really did.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    I tried to get the thread back on topic. I really did.
    It's okay. It's okay.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM