Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were to run for President, what would your message/slogan be?

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Default If you were to run for President, what would your message/slogan be?

Write a political speech and insert a slogan. What would your platform be? *This is not trolling/projection as I am asking for creative participation.

Slogan? "Blasting the past. Fighting for a future.".

"Losers. I would first like to say that 45% - 49% of you will become a pariah and considered a scumbag in addition to all of your friends and family who will lambaste you on a daily basis for being an unforgivable reprobate if you don't vote for me. In this great country of ours, we have so many wonderful people from many different communities, enlightened and altruistic global missionaries who share drastically different ideologies that are equally as valid as well as those from other countries who have immigrated here for opportunities only to find out that they often fail and can't thrive. Strike that. No. That would be a great deal of people today who have attended universities right here at home who are entering into the workforce for the first time. It's those who come here who have the diversity and skills to do the jobs that bring advanced, cutting edge innovations and entrepreneurship other than opening up coffee shops and clothing lines on etsy. At the same time, everyone is a winner. Everyone wants to be one, and quite frankly, can be one even though everyone already is. Why are so many people under the impression that they aren't winners or can't relate to one another? The answer to that is because they are mostly separatists. We must convince each other that all of us play critical roles in our national culture. We should not embrace any form of centrism but we do need to become centralized together. We have a lot to work on, folks. I am not a politician. I am a person. I believe 100% that we can accomplish at least 99% of what 51% of our glorious nation wants to make progress towards. But there are steps that we need to take. We need to be relative in our morals and individuality. As a person, personally, and I mean that in a very personal way, we need to care about the poor. We need bring to an end to systemic racism and injustice. We need real, simple, practical solutions that have never been in the interests of any other leader of this beautiful land before, nor the interests of my opponents. But it won't be easy. We need to radically take on the difficult, seemingly almost impossible to win fight for justice, equity and equality for all. What happened to that? We sure used to. If you vote for me, we can put our differences behind us. We can take on the powers. who most of you don't know will have more power than even I will if elected, but together it will help me as well as all of us out. Not voting for me means that you hate the poor,minorities, war veterans, animals, the climate, science in general, God, women and children and that you are either apathetic towards, are not affected by, don't see or are in fact racists and sexists yourselves. Is resisting electing me a trench you are willing to fight in and die for? Is that what you want to be known for and remembered for? I didn't think so. What I've just done is literally read your minds by simply gauging the reactions on most of your faces whenever I said that. So, let's blast the past and fight for a future!".

• Restoring our faith: In a letter written by John Adams in 1823 to Thomas Jefferson he stated "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding.". Disgusting and untrue. This assertion coming from a man who was a liberal patriot who shot a man on the White House lawn for treason. It was also his Vice President, Aaron Burr, who shot Alexander Hamilton. But Donald Trump's statement about being able to shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and get away with it are the words of a "dictator", right? Next topic.

• The importance of a temporary autocratic theocracy in order to attain true liberty: We need to establish a power vacuum for the people to secure absolute freedoms for themselves once I am, in this hypothetical scenario, taken out along with the fall of my regime. We are very successful at doing this in many other countries. Why not right here at home?

• Deporting Orphans: Many cannot function in society once they are released from the system. I propose finding them residency in other countries for both growing up in environments that are more tolerant of total rejects who will accept them as a part of whatever culture they find themselves in and then completely give it an American touch of mob justice instead of increasing spending for military occupations and operations. America here. America everywhere.

This list of goals is not yet completed, however the most important task that we need to take head on is instilling confidence in women. Also, dispelling myths that make them feel marginalized.

You are not inferior or underpaid. Quite the opposite - Why? Because it's illegal to do so."T
    he Equal Pay Act (EPA), requires employers to pay men and women equally for doing the same work -- Equal pay for equal work. The Equal Pay Act was passed in 1963 as an amendment to the Fair Labor Standards Act and can be found at 29 U.S.C. § 206.". Women have also always dominated academically vs. men.
    The female advantage in educational attainment is not a new phenomenon. More women than men graduated from college in all birth cohorts since 1950. But the gap has grown recently, with the overall college graduation rate for women now ten points higher than the rate for men–32 percent compared to 22 percent. You are continuing to excel beyond your male peers. You have the advantage. Keep it up!
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

^ Tl;dr. I only read like the first three sentences and the last one. My slogan would be "Follow me to hell." There would be no speech afterwards.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Scentless Apprentice View Post
    ^ Tl;dr. I only read like the first three sentences and the last one. My slogan would be "Follow me to hell." There would be no speech afterwards.
    This is exactly why people don't know anything about anything.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

"Hey man."
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

7. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    "Hey man."
    "Hey man."

A lot of people on this forum are like people who attend book clubs who haven't read the books that are being discussed there who when asked why they are there, they say "Don't know. Can't really be bothered to read them. Too many words. Too many pages, but I still do like books. I just don't care to read all of the way through them though.". It's not just here though. Even journalists have to cut down their articles to 3 - 4 paragraphs. Youtube content creators are pushing the limits if they exceed 5 - 7 minutes.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Strangely this morning I was watching a very brief interview with Hillary Clinton on the British talk show Graham Norton, during which they discuss Twitter and Donald Trump. Norton surmised that "He's brought the world to Twitter to try and explain complex things in just a few words."
    Succinct observation of exactly what Trump does, the condensing, trivialising, and dismantling of focused political discourse.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Shangri-LIE Suedehead's Avatar

I skipped through most of the Hillary interview to get to Jeff Goldblum...the guy is 65 and can still pull off a spangly turtleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Norton surmised that "He's brought the world to Twitter to try and explain complex things in just a few words."
    Succinct observation of exactly what Trump does, the condensing, trivialising, and dismantling of focused political discourse.
    This is true but is unfortunatley and increasingly the wave upon which politics has to take a joyride to elicit engagement from a distracted and lackadaisical electorate. Trump's extracurricular dalliances with Twitter dovetail beautifully with this appetite for quick fire politics whether by clever design or happy accident.

Anyway, I would personally vote for "Shangs", because, amongst other things I won't go into, I'm a non racist, non sexist, non abhorrent winner.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Speeches and slogans! Write some!
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

"I will legalize the use of chemical weapons in the war on Christmas."

"KILL4ME"

"Memes will be used for currency."

16. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

"Let in all the foreigners."

It is the only way I would be able to run for President.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

18. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post