Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scott Mitchell, aka Daisy Berkowitz, has died.

Default Scott Mitchell, aka Daisy Berkowitz, has died.

Maybe let's try to not immediately shit on his grave, you rabid fanboys.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Thank god I'm constipated!

Just kidding. This really is sad, though!

RIP Scott

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

I HATE this. I'm one of the few that always enjoyed him and his endeavors. I spoke with him briefly on Facebook and wished him the best shortly after his cancer reveal ages ago.

It saddens me to hear that his cancer finally took hold after such a valiant battle. He's one member of the band I felt never got his glory or admiration he so deserved. The sound and aesthetic of much of the early band's music was responsible due to him. As dumb as this is, for a famous person, I haven't been affected by a sudden death this much since David Bowie's passing last year. So disheartening.
    I use words sharp as a sword

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Rest in peace Daisy

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I can't fucking believe this. Amidst all that's going on anyway, now this.

RIP Daisy Berkowitz. Fuck cancer.

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

No matter what, he was quite a big part of the early MM sound. RIP :(
    "Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see, one chants out between two worlds, fire walk with me"

11. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Do rest in peace.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Wow this is a tough weekend to be a MM fan. RIP Scott.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

He gets a ton of hate here, but I've been talking to Scott for like the better part of 10 years and he's always been cool as hell from what I've seen. I've seen a lot of people here say the absolute most horrid shit about ex-band members for no other reason for a little Manson sucking sycophancy - even the staff. It's a bit nuts. If I got fucked out of a position in a multiple platinum album selling band that I formed, by 1995 Marilyn Manson and Trent Reznor no less, I'd probably be annoyed for 20+ years too.

And from everything I saw, he was always cool and tasteful about it. He was never the bitter whiny has-been he's always painted as. He wasn't shy when people asked him questions, but that's about the extent of it. He was always cool with fans, he gave away a ton of shit from the old days for free. I got a unique piece of Spooky Kids memorabilia for basically no reason, it was rad. Plus he put a ton of sweet old demos and stuff out into the world, only asking for the most meager minimum payment for some super rare, important stuff or when it was really needed. He sold the actual fucking real ACSS demo tape for $666. That's insane. @FeedYourHead and I ran into him outside of a NYC Manson show in 2015 and he was stoked about the show and recognized me from the friggin internet and immediately invited us to walk to a bar with him and his friends and started recounting old absurd MM stories like we were just old friends sharing stories from old jobs. It was as down to earth as any professional musician I've ever met. That's not the behavior of a guy who's trying to milk some past fame for all it's worth. (Can somebody remind me how much it costs these days to pose for Marilyn Manson for 10 seconds in a picture and get handed a bag of cheap crap?)

It's baffled me for a long time why he received the amount of vitriol he did here. Was he meant to just never again in his life speak of that time he created the band Marilyn Manson with this nerd Brian in 1989? Pogo seems to be the guy who personifies all these traits - being a whiny, bitter, mongoloid man-baby spilling out whatever shocking unnecessary insults towards MM, regularly and unprovoked. Maybe when he gets cancer, some of you guys can openly wish for his death too.

Oh well, I guess it's too late now. Regardless of how any of us feel about Manson now, I hope we can all stop to think about what a formative part this guy had in the band we all loved at one time, as well as how unceremonious and cunty his removal from the band was, largely due to the treatment by a 30 year old scumbag Trent Reznor and the suck-ups in Marilyn Manson.

Dude was chill and real til the end.

     

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

17. Like 13 Member(s) liked this post
    Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    He gets a ton of hate here, but I've been talking to Scott for like the better part of 10 years and he's always been cool as hell from what I've seen. I've seen a lot of people here say the absolute most horrid shit about ex-band members for no other reason for a little Manson sucking sycophancy - even the staff. It's a bit nuts. If I got fucked out of a position in a multiple platinum album selling band that I formed, by 1995 Marilyn Manson and Trent Reznor no less, I'd probably be annoyed for 20+ years too.

And from everything I saw, he was always cool and tasteful about it. He was never the bitter whiny has-been he's always painted as. He wasn't shy when people asked him questions, but that's about the extent of it. He was always cool with fans, he gave away a ton of shit from the old days for free. I got a unique piece of Spooky Kids memorabilia for basically no reason, it was rad. Plus he put a ton of sweet old demos and stuff out into the world, only asking for the most meager minimum payment for some super rare, important stuff or when it was really needed. He sold the actual fucking real ACSS demo tape for $666. That's insane. @FeedYourHead and I ran into him outside of a NYC Manson show in 2015 and he was stoked about the show and recognized me from the friggin internet and immediately invited us to walk to a bar with him and his friends and started recounting old absurd MM stories like we were just old friends sharing stories from old jobs. It was as down to earth as any professional musician I've ever met. That's not the behavior of a guy who's trying to milk some past fame for all it's worth. (Can somebody remind me how much it costs these days to pose for Marilyn Manson for 10 seconds in a picture and get handed a bag of cheap crap?)

It's baffled me for a long time why he received the amount of vitriol he did here. Was he meant to just never again in his life speak of that time he created the band Marilyn Manson with this nerd Brian in 1989? Pogo seems to be the guy who personifies all these traits - being a whiny, bitter, mongoloid man-baby spilling out whatever shocking unnecessary insults towards MM, regularly and unprovoked. Maybe when he gets cancer, some of you guys can openly wish for his death too.

Oh well, I guess it's too late now. Regardless of how any of us feel about Manson now, I hope we can all stop to think about what a formative part this guy had in the band we all loved at one time, as well as how unceremonious and cunty his removal from the band was, largely due to the treatment by a 30 year old scumbag Trent Reznor and the suck-ups in Marilyn Manson.

Dude was chill and real til the end.
    I also never quite understood the distaste and pure hatred that was hurled towards this man. You seemed to have spoken with him more than I had yet I still get those same impressions from him that you posted about. I spoke with him only a handful of times on Facebook and each time it was easy and very direct, with no bullshit clutter or drama. People also say he wanted to dwell on the past but clearly I never seen him dwell in the past in a negative form like most stated or seen.

It's a real shame they never had a one off show together in Florida (in the past few years) that he could've came out and played Lunchbox or Get Your Gunn on stage together one last time.

Daisy, Ginger and John5 are some of the nicest and most humble people in rock yet were so mistreated and let go for no reason whatsoever by Manson. I know I don't know insider details but their personalities on social media and after their time in the band reflect a lot more than what some hearsay might show.
    I use words sharp as a sword

19. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post