Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scott Mitchell, aka Daisy Berkowitz, has died.

I'd freak the hell out if Manson played "Negative Three" in memory of Scott. That would be so cool.

Of the SK-era songs that never got a big release, IV-TV has always been one of my favorites. Distortion always reminds me of Akira Yamakoa's guitar work, even if it predates it by several years.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

I was always vocal about my negative opinions on Scott. But instead of acting like a dickhead edgelord and rubbing salt into fresh wounds, let me say this instead: He was a human being who faced one of the toughest struggles humanly possible and he went down fighting.

RIP Scott. You gave cancer one motherfuck of a run for its money.

5. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    It seems like it would be reasonable to unleash one or two rare or never before played Spooky Kids tracks when the tour resumes. (Or even a couple extra SLC songs...)

I feel like Manson's current voice could complement this track a lot.

I always hoped that the latest incarnation of the live band would bring back Dogma or Diary of a Dope Fiend. Two of my all-time favorites. It's easy to forget how utterly ruthless and eerie SLC sounded, and credit to Daisy for his contribution to that effort.

As I said earlier, it's just very sad to hear about someone who helped create the music you still love succumb to such an awful illness. I really hope he was at peace as the end approached.

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

This really sucks. You can say whatever you want about him and how's he's carried on since he left the band, whichever side of the fence you fall on, but you have to give it to him that he had a unique sound that is identifiably him and helped form Marilyn Manson as a band.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

9. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Zsa Zsa View Post
    Daisy and Gidget were the only people I ever actively talked to on social media, and they were both so kind. It's a big loss, honestly. There will never be anything approaching a Spooky Kids reunion now.
    I spoke with Zim Zum quite some time on Myspace. But since it's dead, the contact has been broken up.

Manson did post about his death on instagram (I cannot post it here because I am on my mobile phone). It is a cute statement with an old photo of them.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    This really sucks. You can say whatever you want about him and how's he's carried on since he left the band, whichever side of the fence you fall on, but you have to give it to him that he had a unique sound that is identifiably him and helped form Marilyn Manson as a band.

Even beyond Manson, just as an indie he had his own sound that wasn't bound to Spooky Kids obsession like a lot of people painted him. His solo stuff is great, I really recommend people look into it.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

RIP

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post