Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Scott Mitchell, aka Daisy Berkowitz, has died.

I wasn't always Scott's biggest fan, but it's been great seeing random fans share stories about how they'd make a comment in passing in conversations on Facebook and he'd be willing to just send them rare early merchandise.
    As much as he didn't get on with Manson he apparently always had time to speak to a lot of the fans which I think is admirable, so I'm glad he and Manson were able to talk prior to his death.

Without him, we probably wouldn't have got Marilyn Manson.

A few years ago, I purchased a lyric sheet from Scott for my brother's birthday. He included a nice note with it. I thought you guys might like to see it. RIP Scott Putesky. You were a cool guy and made some great music.

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I'm sorry to hear the news, he always seemed cool to me, rest in peace Scott.

I am a HUGE fan of the Spooky Kids era music. Much more than many other eras of Marilyn Manson. I am sadden greatly by Scott's passing. I can't think of many other people in the music industry who got as little recognition and reward for their contributions to music. By the time Scott secured the rights to the Spooky Kids catalogue the music industry was in full tailspin mode and he never got to finish the great work he was doing remastering the songs he recorded with Brian. I was always hoping he would recover enough to put a bandcamp page together with each of the EPs properly populated with remastered versions of those classics, but he never did, and now he is lost to us. Whatever you think of him, the truth is that there is no Marilyn Manson without Scott. He was the musician that wrote all of the music to Brian's poetry up until Twiggy entered the picture and Twiggy would have never had anything to do with Marilyn Manson if the band hadn't reached the level it had due to Scott's tireless work writing, recording, and enabling Brian's vision. He will be missed even by those who don't know to miss him. R.I.P.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post