Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeordie White, no longer a member of Marilyn Manson.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    That's an awful baffling opinion stated as fact.

Why would this ever possibly happen if Manson had a shred of belief that JW was innocent? These guys are still "brothers" according to Manson. If there was any chance MM thought Jeordie hadn't done it, it sure seems like he would be fighting. Jeordie would be saying ANYTHING. Maybe defending himself? But days of complete silence and then this. This combined with all the other evidence points towards a pretty clear-cut situation I feel.
    The phrase "any press is good press" doesn't really apply to rape allegations being picked up by major news and music websites.
    That's why this he would do this regardless of whether he believes Jessicka or not.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    The phrase "any press is good press" doesn't really apply to rape allegations being picked up by major news and music websites.
    That's why this he would do this regardless of whether he believes Jessicka or not.
    I agree, but it's kinda scary that a mere accusation which may or may not be true has that kind of power. It encourages other people to abuse that power.

We live in a world where people are evil enough to commit rape. We also live in a world where people are evil enough to lie about it.

Both of these things are disgusting and sad.

<EDIT>

Something just occurred to me. If Jessicka was indeed raped over twenty years ago, which she says she was, and she kept silent about it for fear of losing her record deal, which she says she did, she knowingly allowed a rapist to walk free and presumably attack other women for selfish reasons.

But in her defense, she may have been severely traumatized and that trauma may have had a bigger role in her decision than the record deal. (Although her FB post seems to indicate otherwise.)

Either way, I'm not thinking clearly. This is a nasty, messy situation. I'll fuck off with my barrage of posts now.
    Last edited by BreakingYourMomsOldMound; 10-24-2017 at 07:04 PM.

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I refuse to accept that the half-NYC show was the last time I will ever see Twiggy perform with Manson. I canít accept that it was the last one ever. I feel somewhat lucky in a sense that I was there for it, but that tarnished barely-present silver lining does little to assuage my disappointment and mild to moderate (okay kind of severe) grief. Iím crestfallen. I understand the decision, and it saddens me endlessly that all those creative years and endeavors culminated into this monstrosity of a situation. It will forever be Marilyn Manson the solo act now.
    Iíve many mixed emotions, including ones that require the recalibration of the entire concept of a human I held in such high regard. Mreh. Hereís to hoping Jeordie and Fred start making more music together at least.

6. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Manson is a business and not only for him, but the professionals in the band. Twiggy being part of Manson right now is not the right move. They have a new album, tours lined up and individual professional lives to maintain. True or false, it would be a distraction hanging overhead.

10. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

This is so sad :( I can't articulate how I feel about this at the moment. But I hope we hear more from both Manson and Twiggy soon explaining exactly what happened here. I agree with @Cringeon's and @BreakingYourMomsOldMound's statements for the time being.

I guess I'm glad that at least I got to see Twiggy live (both on bass and on guitar) before this all came to light...What a horrible situation for everyone involved. I feel really bad for Manson right now; outside of releasing HUD it seems like this has been a pretty rough year for him.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Sad to see all this happening at once. I find it odd Manson referred to him by his real name, not Twiggy. Because I never hear him call him Jeordie. But anyway, did he leave or was he fired? Same wonder as when John 5 (left). Idk if this is because of the allegations (Being fired) or if Twiggy doesn't want to be apart of the "comeback era" (Left). But Cringe is right, this is bad for the Band as a whole. Just as the situation with Gidget Gein back then.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

I cannot fathom this happening if Manson believed Twiggy was innocent. He's been so vocal in his support of controversial figures in the past and he's not one to shy from calling people out publicly either.

I'd say this is probably the most damning thing to happen (after the accusations themselves of course).

I'm absolutely heart broken over this!

I just dont know how I feel about all three parties in this shit. When he came back I never imagined he would leave again.
    I'm wondering if manson did this not for or because he believed he did it but because of the image this whole thing has caused the band.

I'm just... Completely heart broken!

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Manson is a business
    Really explains/sums up a lot in recent years.

17. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post