Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeordie White, no longer a member of Marilyn Manson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Manson is a business and not only for him, but the professionals in the band. Twiggy being part of Manson right now is not the right move. They have a new album, tours lined up and individual professional lives to maintain. True or false, it would be a distraction hanging overhead.
    I feel like none of you guys are factoring in the specific Manson/Twiggy relationship when you say this decision does not point to one conclusion.

Since nearly the beginning, Jeordie has been the most integral part of Marilyn Manson besides Manson himself. He helped create their biggest and most critically acclaimed music. He has been closer to Manson and for a long time than seemingly anybody else in the world. Again, Manson still often refers to them as 'brothers' and dismisses the idea that they've drifted apart.

My point being, he's not so generic a band member that Manson would throw him under the bus like this if Manson thought he didn't do it. Manson defending him was the only shot he had at retaining any respect or a career. At the bare minimum, what was preventing Manson from putting out a statement with any amount of emotion making it clear that he stands behind JW, but they've both decided it would be a better idea to sit this tour out?

You know what would have been another safe, uncontroversial move? Not defending Johnny Depp against being accused of beating his wife. But Manson did that with no issue because Johnny Depp is clearly an important friend.

You're essentially saying that both of these options are equally likely: Marilyn Manson decided to throw the killing blow to the career of his "brother" in decades of life and music out of fear of low ticket sales and low album sales. OR Jeordie's guilty and Manson knows it. I find it truly astonishing that anybody sincerely believes that it's impossible to discern which of these is more likely.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

2. Like 8 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

So... will Skold be replacing him again?
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Catholic Girls with UZIs johncraze's Avatar

Well, it has been a long time since I last posted anything on these forums but this crazy situation does prompt me to give my two cents.

I think that Manson definitely is doing some damage control to safeguard the band's, and more specifically; his reputation. Don't know the people involved personally, but throwing his own best friend under the bus so quickly for a 25 year old rape allegation does speak volumes of him as a person.

That being said and because nowadays nothing is treated as obvious in an argument, I don't condone rape and I don't condone false rape allegations either. This particular case is indeed disturbing but I feel it is far too shady to really give a clear judgement, in one hand I see heartfelt words and in the other I've seen Jessicka post old pictures in Instagram and tag Twiggy (kinda weird if he is indeed her rapist if you ask me)

One thing that is disturbing me right now is the mindless, emotionally charged self-righteousness in social networks and pretty much everywhere else. Like someone else said around here, it is surreal how much an impact an allegation (because so far that is what it is, whether you like it or not) can have and how fast people turn into digital lynching mobs and presume guilt.

I hope Twiggy gives a statement so everyone can have his side of the story, even if it is an admission of guilt.

6. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

I would love this, but I'm sure it'll never happen. Skold and Bates in the studio together would be amazing.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Akhenaten on Facebook

Okay, now bring back Skold.
    The livin' are dead and I hope to join them too. I know what to do and I do it well.

Can I vote for Maynard James Keenan or Trent Reznor to be the touring replacement? It will take someone of that magnitude to make any of this marginally less catastrophic.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Can I vote for Maynard James Keenan or Trent Reznor to be the touring replacement? It will take someone of that magnitude to make any of this marginally less catastrophic.
    Best idea. We should brainstorm.

I'll start by listing all of the instruments that Maynard can play:
         

  
      

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

In all seriousness, you know who would be a damn fucking good touring bassist? Andrew Weiss.

Well known of course for doing shit with Rollins Band, Gone, Pigface, Johnny Depp's band P, Butthole Surfers, Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, and a bunch more. I'm sure Manson already knows of him in all honesty. Seems like they would have crossed paths.

(oh also he produced most of Ween's albums and was their live bassist for many years)
         

  
      

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

17. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post

Something just occurred to me. If Jessicka was indeed raped over twenty years ago, which she says she was, and she kept silent about it for fear of losing her record deal, which she says she did, she knowingly allowed a rapist to walk free and presumably attack other women for selfish reasons.
    She said she didn't remember it until she went through physical therapy for her broken elbow. She also went on tour with them in 1999 after this was said to happen. Imagine someone coming to you about something you were accused of 23 years ago when you were a heavy drinker and drug user and you start to question yourself if you even did it. She wasn't bothered by it enough to stay away from touring with them. Yet now Twiggy can't even tour with them?

19. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post