Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Who should be Marilyn Manson's New Bassist?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Skold

25 69.44%
  • Rob Holliday

11 30.56%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Battle Royale: Tim Skold vs Rob Holliday

So, first gig tomorrow and nothing confirmed. Although, Manson never announces any members, so I'm not surprised. Still interesting to see, who it is. Sure, Alderete is a skilled bass player, but in Marilyn Manson, stylistically? I mean come on. If he is the one, I wonder if he is going to play that pink bass with a Raiders sticker on it.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

I like Skold and Holliday because of their skills as composers more than anything, and I'd like to see either (OR BOTH) of them return for that reason... I don't give two shits and a popsicle who plays bass live, tbh.

If you honestly think you can tell the difference between bassists when you're actually seeing the band live, you're either full of shit or you're a god-tier music fanatic.

Nothing wrong with that, btw, it's just that music normies like me DGAF about the rhythm section.

<Cue everyone in a Soundcloud band giving me (bull)shit about how important bassists are.>

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post

If you honestly think you can tell the difference between bassists when you're actually seeing the band live, you're either full of shit or you're a god-tier music fanatic.

Nothing wrong with that, btw, it's just that music normies like me DGAF about the rhythm section.
    Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulDarter View Post
    I always wondered about Skold's departure from Manson. He said "Skold plays from his wallet" - I wonder if maybe Skold left because if Twiggy rejoined it would mean he'd make less money and he decided to leave to pursue other ventures. At the time I assumed it was just due to Manson's preference to collaborate with one person at a time, but that comment always stuck with me.

I'm not sure I buy it because you can find footage of Skold performing live in the most dingy tiny ass clubs you can imagine, it doesn't really read to me of someone who's money hungry.
    To me it always looked for that both Twiggy and Skold are not on the same wavelength. Maybe they can stand each other but if you can't work with a musician together, you gonna have a baaaaad time. So maybe that's why.

Rob Holliday, easy choice. For me, Tim is a mediocre producer and composer, capable of doing nothing but generic, soulless industrial tunes. The Golden Age Of Grotesque is my second least favorite MM album, mostly thanks to him.

I just hope he never comes back near the Manson camp.