Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wish Manson to give a original naming to the remaining bandmates.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I vote for calling the new guy Juan 6.
    I vote Juan 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    It'd be slightly redundant for that to continue now. The original band members careers were built around the characters they came up with, and later weren't able to really escape from them, now he works with established musicians who have worked a lot with other bands and have their own professional identities outside of Marilyn Manson so it wouldn't really work.
    Given how outside of Tyler and Gil "the band" is mostly live session musicians I wouldn't mind if they had classic Spooky Kids type names for their duration with the group. In the age of the internet it's not like it would be hard to track down their real names if someone was so inclined. Hell, it might help their careers. Zim Zum still kept using the name long after he left Manson.

To be honest with you, I've been a fan since '96 and it's gotten to the point where I've quit looking at their faces and remembering their names (same with mansons girlfriends) because I know they'll be out of the picture eventually. When Twiggy came back my asshole was clinched with excitement and it gave me hope that the band itself wouldn't parish with manson being the last man standing. But now since Twiggy supposedly raped someone girl and was thrown away, I've given up on that hope. That bands had more members inside of it than a drug-addicted prostitute vagina!
    There's just been tooooooooo many to care anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Manson15Marilyn View Post
    Yeah but Manson stopped doing that whole thing after the Golden Age of Grotesque.
    Golden Age? He stopped doing that more than 20 (!) years ago. Zim Zum joined the band in 1996 and already wasn't called after an icon + killer. Same thing when John 5 joined. After that nobody was given a band name.

Moving on.
    Moving on
    Moving on.
    MOVING ON.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Daniel Fox is now Dolly Dahmer ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Daniel Fox is now Dolly Dahmer ;)
    I'm so damn gullible, I googled this shit!

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post
    Zim Zum joined the band in 1996 and already wasn't called after an icon + killer.
    Correct, although there were rumours abound that some fans had perilously hunted down an obscure criminal or killer, and Oriental screen actress with matching names and drawn a natural conclusion. Couldn't tell you which was which, or what their sources were, but I remember reading about it nonetheless.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Correct, although there were rumours abound that some fans had perilously hunted down an obscure criminal or killer, and Oriental screen actress with matching names and drawn a natural conclusion. Couldn't tell you which was which, or what their sources were, but I remember reading about it nonetheless.
    Yup, I remember that too. Had to use the ol' Google machine ... http://www.zimzum.net/MOZZ.htm

1940's pinup model ZIM Kramer and 1970's serial killer, Raymond ZUM. To which Zim shoots that down in the above interview. Hadn't thought about that non-discovery in years! Haha or if those people even exist, or are of any notoriety.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Man, that's so funny. I think it was Gavin Baddeley or a British magazine that suggested fans had been so diligent/obsessive, but it's been decades since I read an original source on it.

Incidentally, it's no wonder Zum's endeavours didn't find fruition if he was trying to launch a solo career with EP names like Anti Social Pep Rally.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

I think the name of the band should be Marilyn Manson and I Killed all my Friends.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM