Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: In-art-iculate Enname.

Default In-art-iculate Enname.

1. Body shots

2. Bride ripped bare

3. Body shots

4. Bird and Girl

5. Commission
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

2. Like 8 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Procrastinator on Facebook Visit Procrastinator's Instagram Channel

Are the body shots life drawings? Really enjoying the looseness in them and overall you do quite well with facial expressions. I'm guessing in No. 4 the girl is frowning because the bird won't eat tomato soup? :D

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Brutal and beautiful. Nice job!

I can't draw for shit. Wish I could.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    Are the body shots life drawings? Really enjoying the looseness in them and overall you do quite well with facial expressions. I'm guessing in No. 4 the girl is frowning because the bird won't eat tomato soup? :D
    I haven't done life drawing in fifteen years, they were done late at night as sketches. Their looseness is because I hate detail, hate detail, hate detail and never finish anything. :)

Hah! I like that - quite well with facial expression. Fail.

Ah.... she is frowning because the mafia is after her, and the little bird is a baby mafioso who needs feeding soup to become a big mafioso to help her. It is a weird dream I had.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    Brutal and beautiful. Nice job!

I can't draw for shit. Wish I could.

Thank you :)

I am not sure I can anymore either, but hey - got to start somewhere!
    Last edited by Enname; 11-05-2017 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Still can't damn well spell

Add Procrastinator on Facebook Visit Procrastinator's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    I hate detail, hate detail, hate detail and never finish anything. :)
    I hate it too, messes with my mind. Some would even argue that the elaborate detail in artwork is the reason why artists are "insane" but I digress. Either way, I do appreciate your raw unpolished pieces. I'd have to try really hard if I wanted to do something similar as I have a natural tendency to smooth and sharpen lines out.

Ah.... she is frowning because the mafia is after her, and the little bird is a baby mafioso who needs feeding soup to become a big mafioso to help her. It is a weird dream I had.
    This totally explains the old-timey clothes, I love when visual work is put into context. Keep it up, I'd love to see more dream-inspired pieces. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    I hate it too, messes with my mind. Some would even argue that the elaborate detail in artwork is the reason why artists are "insane" but I digress. Either way, I do appreciate your raw unpolished pieces. I'd have to try really hard if I wanted to do something similar as I have a natural tendency to smooth and sharpen lines out.
    Luckily I am no artist then! My relative sanity is forever intact - at least from that type of incursion.

I am chronically incapable of polish. Kinda wish I wasn't actually, would make many things easier. Smoothed, clean and sharp lines give me incredible envy. The same goes for smoothly polished text. But once I have the barest representation of what I want... my brain screams out in anxiety and I have to walk away.

This totally explains the old-timey clothes, I love when visual work is put into context. Keep it up, I'd love to see more dream-inspired pieces. :)
    Me being a historian and fascinated by historical fashion is probably a better explanation - old timey clothes require less detail than modern XD

Ah... I rarely remember dreams. Alas. Only a handful over my life. So possibly best not to wait for that to happen. :)
    Last edited by Enname; 11-05-2017 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Can't spell

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post