Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Juan Alderete is Marilyn Manson's new bassist.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Exactly. The band dynamic isn’t as important as it was back in the day. Except for maybe in the studio. But on the last couple of records it was just Tyler doing all the musical work, and I don’t mind that. Live? It’s very clear it’s now a solo act. But I’m kind of over it anyway.
    That’s just the thing though. As long as Twiggy was there it was more of a duo than a solo act and in no way was Twiggy another rotating faceless band member. He is the original, authentic thing. We’ve lost that now.

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    That’s just the thing though. As long as Twiggy was there it was more of a duo than a solo act and in no way was Twiggy another rotating faceless band member. He is the original, authentic thing. We’ve lost that now.
    That’s how I feel as well. Although Twiggy hadn’t contributed anything musically on the last two records and he looked incredibly bored while performing on the last few tours, with him gone, it really just is a solo act. Oh well, I’m just glad that I still enjoy Manson’s musical output, even if Twiggy isn’t a part of it.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Not trying to be a tart but... Where as he may be an incredible musician, his appearance isn't exactly Marilyn Manson material. Then again I thought that about Tyler when at first site and he turned out to fit in good in that aspect. So.. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

(Still gonna miss my Twiggster though)

:(

Edit: oh wow, guess I wasn't the only person who thought this! Lol

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

This is fascinating to watch tbh.

Not one person in the current line-up looks like they belong in Marilyn Manson. None of them have strange hair like the pre-THEOL classic line-ups, none of them wear crazy outfits like those classic line-ups, none of them wear makeup like those classic line-ups. None of them are included in interviews or have nicknames. None of them are characters with distinctly crafted personalities. None of them appear in music videos.

They are literally all normal, generic looking dudes who put on some white face paint and black clothes when they go on stage. Marilyn Manson hasn't had a band aesthetic in years unfortunately. What even is this conversation, this milquetoast motherfucker looks like Keith Urban lmfao

     

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

^^ Well not really.Tyler and Paul looks great on stage,theye're fiting good,not to mention Daniel Fox,the guy is a lunatic.I miss that guy on stage .
    Chillin' Killin'

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Once again, I disagree! He totally fits here:

12. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Do Manson and Tyler prefer heavy music? Both Gil and Juan played in metal or core band before.

Give Alderete a break. It is not like he had three months to complete a full make over and find something that suited him. Even Tyler had to go through a few iterations before he found something he was comfortable with that would work on and off stage, his first attempt was interesting to say the least.

Alderete sounds amazing and plays really well. When it comes down to it, that is what really matters right now.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

15. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

As far as the looks, I don’t expect them to put on that creepy aesthetic anymore. Now, it seems, they do it for shits and giggles while just focusing more on the music. And I don’t mind that. They’re doing it all while having a good time, less serious. The studio music is more determined than the live show.

17. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I don't see what the point in bitching about this is. He plays bass, he plays it super fucking well. I don't give a fuck if he feels like he's part of "Marilyn Manson" all I care about is if he shows up on time & puts on a killer show. Which from what I have seen of him with TMV we're in good hands. Tyler chose him over Rob Holliday, I trust Tyler's judgement.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

19. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post