Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Juan Alderete is Marilyn Manson's new bassist.

I don't like him because he's not Twiggy. The end

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by hyde View Post
    Do Manson and Tyler prefer heavy music? Both Gil and Juan played in metal or core band before.
    I doubt Manson had a part in any of these decisions beyond taking Tyler's advice. Which, as it turns out, is usually pretty good advice (ignore that whole HUD debacle.) I also highly doubt Manson has ever listened to TMV. Manson also said Gil was from "The Dillinger Escape Project or whatever" so I doubt he listens to them either. Manson's an older guy, I have trouble imagining him listening to anything heavier than like Depeche Mode.

I don't know anything about Tyler Bates personally. I think he has a lot of great ideas musically as well as logistically, especially for Marilyn Manson. He's done a lot of great score work - Dawn of the Dead has an amazing soundtrack, The Devil's Rejects is fantastic, Watchmen's music choices are legendary, Sucker Punch's soundtrack was killer, and then the Guardians of the Galaxy movies have been endlessly fawned over for their music. So I dig him, but... I've never seen a ton of personality from him. It's always been strange to me because usually when somebody is that talented, they have an aggressively outward personality but Tyler always seems just like "Yeah I love making film scores, it's super cool. I totally dig working in Manson, everything is chill whatever."

So to answer your question I'd say it's probably more likely that Tyler has just retained friendships with a ton of musicians from all various genres in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    It is not like he had three months to complete a full make over and find something that suited him.
    Yeah, that outfit he's got on is sort of unflattering lol.

But I haven't seen anybody mention that he also had less than 2 weeks to learn all the songs. And from what I heard in the videos I watched, he played them like he's been doing it for years. Did anybody at the shows hear any bass fuck-ups?
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    You guys don't have to worry about there being an 80 year old Mexican grandfather in Marilyn Manson lmao.
    What on Earth do you mean, "worry"? I think that'd be AWESOME!

Yeah, Juan doesn't really have the aesthetic down to look like he belongs. Tyler can pull it off, but not everyone can. He's had a few years to settle in to it and I still don't think Gil looks like he belongs.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    But I haven't seen anybody mention that he also had less than 2 weeks to learn all the songs.
    And it is amazing.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

speaking of how they look on stage,although this was taken like two years ago .

Chillin' Killin'

Oh Gil...really? Glasses and chalk-like make up?

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

It's funny reading you guys saying that now Marilyn Manson is a solo act, because I feel quite the opposite. Now, to me, we really have a BAND live. I mean, Tyler does everything in studio (thanks for that, it's been amazing) and then Gil records some of the drum tracks. I've read Gil's recent interview for DRUM! Magazine and he talks as a full time member of the band instead of just a random live drummer.

And really, I don't care if they look like just regular dudes on make up rather than a real creepy guy with amazing style. Tyler looks great on stage, as well as Paul (I love his hair). Gil looks good too (I wear glasses too and I'd really like to know how that thing doesn't fall from his face during the gig, lol). Juan, although he doesn't look that good on makeup (yet, maybe he will improve that), he looks good on stage and seems to be having a lot of fun; I watched a video of SAY10 from the last gig and he was even dancing to the trap beats!

I love those guys and I'm really happy with everything.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Juan jumped in with only ONE week to spare before the tour. The guy is a power house and I can't wait to see what it's like as they fall into groove with one another. Maybe he's not a guy who does lots of make up, but with the band he's in I'm sure he'll find something his style. Also, Gil while not doing goth makeup has been doing some vaudeville cabaret stuff with his band Stolen Babies for years.

15. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Juan jumped in with only ONE week to spare before the tour. The guy is a power house and I can't wait to see what it's like as they fall into groove with one another. Maybe he's not a guy who does lots of make up, but with the band he's in I'm sure he'll find something his style. Also, Gil while not doing goth makeup has been doing some vaudeville cabaret stuff with his band Stolen Babies for years.
    That is indeed pretty impressive for him to learn all of that in such a short time.

Just watched some videos of Manson's recent performance, and Aldrete seems cool and talented. I shouldn't laugh, and I sincerely wish Manson a speedy recovery, but I have to admit the visual of him rolling around in a wheelchair has forever cemented the "grandpa Manson" vision in my head.