Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manson Issues Statement Explaining Fake Rifle

Default Manson Issues Statement Explaining Fake Rifle

http://loudwire.com/marilyn-manson-s...nt-fake-rifle/

"In an era where mass shootings have become a nearly daily occurrence, this was an act of theater in an attempt to make a statement about how easily accessible semi-automatic weapons are and how seeing them has become normalized. My art has always been a reaction to popular culture and my way to make people think about the horrible things that happen in this world. My performance was not meant to be disrespectful or show any insensitivity. The prop microphone I used on stage was handed to me with the approval of a police officer. My empathy goes out to anyone who has been affected by the irresponsible and reprehensible misuse of REAL guns."

My opinion: It's so easy - especially if you're online a lot like I am - to lose sight of what is and isn't worthy of outrage. It's a force for good when people come together to decry evil, but we need to be provoked to question ourselves from time to time to make sure we're not getting caught up in an echo chamber of offence. In this case, being more offended by a shock-rocker's fake gun than the real guns that are killing people every day.

So I think what Manson did is great, and I only wish the statement he issued was stronger.

2. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

We live in an era where mass shooting has become a sport, a gun range is also known as a high school... yet Marilyn Manson holding a fake gun is an issue?

He didn’t need to defend himself at all, the media should be focusing on people with real guns and not fake ones.

And whilst I get that Manson was pointing a gun into a crowd at a place where they had a mass shooting a few years ago... but even then there's been so many since who even remembers? But the gun isn't new to Marilyn Manson he's been playing with guns through his work in lyrics, videos and world tours for almost his whole career but now there's an issue which sparked him to releasing the statement. His statement is awesome, but I don't feel he needed to do it but as a whole, what a way to start off touring again!

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Wow. People bitching about a fake gun in the USA of all places. What a time to be alive. Amazing.
    As always its easier to point the fingers at the devil you know than question what is wrong with the law of being allowed to carry arms in America.

Manson's statement is right on the money although the statement itself wasn't needed.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

Did anyone else hold their breath when they read "Manson Issues Statement..." and then sigh in relief when they realized that this has nothing to do with a sexual assault allegation? I did.
    This space intentionally left blank.

8. Like 11 Member(s) liked this post
    Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

I'm sure he's just glad to be getting this much media attention again. $$$
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

This might actually be the first time one of his guns was fake...

"the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

12. Like 9 Member(s) liked this post

Say whatever you want. Not everybody follows every f*** move Manson makes and analyze if he's being ironic or whatever. He made the right thing with that statement. There's a lot of victims right now and this is a sensitive subject. Not music act or performance for entertainment is above human lives or emotions. We need to take care of each other. And i'm glad Manson is being mature about this and not like some of you with you teenage mindsets. Grow up.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

He was pretending to snipe people in a music video a few years back. He had someone come out and 'shoot' him on stage back in the day. I don't get why there's particular outrage over this incident compared to the rest, but those that are offended are obviously missing the point he was making. Hasn't it often been the case for him though that he has to explain things after he does it? It just goes over the heads of people to stupid to understand... usually the people he was making the statement about.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

16. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

He's like a JE$U$ CRI$I$!!!!
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

18. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Americans are weird.

20. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post