Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manson Issues Statement Explaining Fake Rifle

Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

Honestly, I'm so happy with this controversy, he still got what is needed to make people angry.
    This is the kind of stuff I loved back in the 90's! Hopefully we can see more stupid people outside his concerts praying for his soul and shit like the good old times.

2. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

I luv it!
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

Guys, I think it was the fact that it happened on stage. Nobody cares if you take pictures or shoot non-live videos with guns. Americans do that everyday. That said, this wouldn't be a news item unless somebody from the crowd snitched about it. Js - Once again, we have the fanbase to blame.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

I'll say the following as your friendly neighbor, America; as someone whom, from south the border (and sometimes within you), has seen your country going down the toilet as every minute that passes by.

Over here, everyone saw it as a "shock movement" at the right time. Come on, it's Marilyn fucking Manson, what did you expect from him? A memorial ceremony onstage?

We say something like "Every country has the president they deserve". We certainty do, and so do you. When you look how the american society interacts and evolves, something like President Trump doesn't sound weird anymore. You people love to argue not to grow, but to prove yourselves right. That's why you have your serial killers, your blatant racism, your death sentences and your private jails; that's why you are under the chains of opioids and painkillers; you claim to be "one nation under God", when you're actually Satan in the rest of the world's eyes.

It is so easy to criticise from the greener side of the fence (if such place even exists), but come on... As every other empire before, you will come down from within, you will devour yourselves...

Or, in this case, shoot each other to death. So shoot, shoot, shoot motherfuckers.
    Last edited by Mexicanfiend; 11-09-2017 at 09:57 AM.

6. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    I'll say the following as your friendly neighbor, America; as someone whom, from south the border (and sometimes within you), has seen your country going down the toilet as every minute that passes by.

Over here, everyone saw it as a "shock movement" at the right time. Come on, it's Marilyn fucking Manson, what did you expect from him? A memorial ceremony onstage?

We say something like "Every country has the president they deserve". We certainty do, and so do you. When you look how the american society interacts and evolves, something like President Trump doesn't sound weird anymore. You people love to argue not to grow, but to prove yourselves right. That's why you have your serial killers, your blatant racism, your death sentences and your private jails; that's why you are under the chains of opioids and painkillers; you claim to be "one nation under God", when you're actually Satan in the rest of the world's eyes.

It is so easy to criticise from the greener side of the fence (if such place even exists), but come on... As every other empire before, you will come down from within, you will devour yourselves...

Or, in this case, shoot each other to death. So shoot, shoot, shoot motherfuckers.
    Coming from an American, all I have to say is A FUCKING MEN!!

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    And whilst I get that Manson was pointing a gun into a crowd at a place where they had a mass shooting a few years ago... but even then there's been so many since who even remembers?
    People from San Bernardino, I would presume.

Its most certainly not just America, though I don't disagree with points made.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

So wait, did people actually throw a fit over this? Cause I read reviews and people in the audience thought it was lame.
    I thought the whole show was pretty creative, even with the medical aspect of the whole injury thing bringing into the show! Shows Manson is unstoppable and a strong individual, having my own deformity and "obstacles" in that matter.

As far as the fake gun... I mean, WHATEVER! Maybe that's just because I'm an American and shock value is few far and in between. The older I get the more shock I see and believe it or not, none of it came from Marilyn Fucking Manson, I tell ya!

EDIT: mind you, that's a REAL gun (38 ultra light Taurus) in my signature aimed at the head of the person who took the photo. It was loaded with hollow point bullets. So I'm not shocked by his fake one lol
    Last edited by Christina; 11-10-2017 at 12:37 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Catholic Girls with UZIs johncraze's Avatar

Like some have already said, I think Manson's statement was unnecessary. It actually kills the whole "art is a question mark" mantra of his.

More interesting to me though is that not even Marilyn Manson, one of the most outrageous american acts ever; can't escape today's culture of sensationalism, hypersensitivity and endless apologies and clarifications. An artist should stick to his guns if he aims to be thought provoking, even more so when misinterpretations play such a big part of the work as in Manson's case (you could argue his whole career was build upon agitation).

For me, these are really strange times. There is something off-putting in seen the man that soldiered through Columbine feel so pressured to issue an explanation in regards to his handling of a plastic gun on a stage.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Did the people feigning outrage over this not see the Running to the Edge of the World video?

No, of course not. Just more fake outrage in this day and age so people can clutch their pearls and feel self righteous over someone more famous and successful than they are.

I kinda wish he'd go harder against the PC culture and push more buttons instead of sticking to the same kind of visual stuff he's always done. Jesus, guns, etc. It's really milquetoast compared to what he COULD do.

16. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post