Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: KILL4ME Music Video

Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Over million views just in one day, WOW. Btw TPE videos are the worst.
    Chillin' Killin'

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Well, having seen 'The Colour of Your Body's Tears' - any lack of discernible narrative makes it a pretty true to life homage. But then again I like giallo cinema and French avant garde weirdness so not really a hinderance for me. Fill in the blanks people! Speculate, go wild.

The colours are beautiful, and sure... I would prefer no Johnny Depp, but that is more than made up for by the Manson in drag reveal. Never grows old. :)
    Last edited by Enname; 11-16-2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Avant garden - lulz
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

WTF two million views in two days xD
    Chillin' Killin'

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Would have liked more shots of Manson 'performing' than that one room with the camera shutter spiral, I think that's my only real complaint. Very well done. Videos this well done have been missing for awhile and I am so happy to have them back. Love seeing the contact back once again.

In terms of story, it seems like Depp is playing some kind of creepy fetishist voyeur. And he finds pictures of an orgy he's in before participating in it? Is there some kind of time travel/reality bending element to it or am I reading too much into it? He sees himself picking up the picture with the number 6 on the back. I think that's why he recoils at the sight of the two girls because he realizes he's seen them before in his photos. I do like how the room '6' with the decorative double cross has this sort of Black Lodge vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks he should reunite with Flora Sigismondi? Not because of the thought of trying to live out the past (lord knows there's way more past things nowadays to point out) but because they made a wonderful team!

I'd love to see them work together again.
    I always felt like she was the best director to work with Manson bar none just because naturally her visuals and set design perfectly match Manson's music. Tourniquet is exactly how a Marilyn Manson movie should look from the set design to the visuals to the insane shit she put in there.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Procrastinator on Facebook Visit Procrastinator's Instagram Channel

That super confused look would have made Depp perfect for the role of the dad in the We Know Where You Fucking Live video.

Overall, I think KILL4ME has a much stronger visual potential compared to what they did in the video. Since hearing the song I've always pictured some sort of fucked up toxic relationship between Manson and a younger woman where he manipulates her into doing bad, bad things. Perhaps some good ol' wrist cutting or Trinity Killer style bath tub murder to add some creepy erotica to the production. I was really expecting something like that especially after Manson's Halloween Instagram post

Also I don't like how they speeded up the song in the video, kills the sexy vibe. Other than that I'm rather neutral towards it.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm on the fence about this one, but from the three I've seen so far (Say10, Kill4Me, and WKWYFL), Kill4Me is my second favorite after Say10 (like the order in my previous parentheses), even though I have NO idea what in the world is going on. Then again, I've only seen it once, so I'll have to revisit this. Although, I have to admit, I was a bit put off about JD's constant confusion state but will need another viewing to figure this out.

I was also a little ugh about older guys doing it with the younger gals. What I did enjoy was Manson behind the woman's mask the the eye cut out to reflect back on the different colored eye. That was cool. I was hoping he'd wear that in the orgy scene. Then again, that's imho.
    "A pill to make you numb. A pill to make you dumb. A pill to make you anybody else. But all the drugs in this world, won't save her from herself."

Quote Originally Posted by mObscene View Post
    Although, I have to admit, I was a bit put off about JD's constant confusion state but will need another viewing to figure this out.
    I'm not talking shit but it seems to me like Depp hasn't been in any music videos and the director just had no idea what to do with him. So Depp just kinda had to wing it for both music videos, and he's really good at looking confused and out of sorts. Which honestly worked really great for this video given his role, but not so much in SAY10.

To me in this video he seems like a perverted voyeur who's suddenly thrust into this weird Twin Peaks type crazy time travel shit because of Manson's involvement and eventually just goes with it.

I think that's my favorite part about this video is that the 'story' is so up in the air it gives fans a lot to talk about compared to others. I hope people will be arguing about this video long after Manson and all of us fans have passed on.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulDarter View Post
    In terms of story, it seems like Depp is playing some kind of creepy fetishist voyeur. And he finds pictures of an orgy he's in before participating in it? Is there some kind of time travel/reality bending element to it or am I reading too much into it? He sees himself picking up the picture with the number 6 on the back. I think that's why he recoils at the sight of the two girls because he realizes he's seen them before in his photos. I do like how the room '6' with the decorative double cross has this sort of Black Lodge vibe to it.
    95% of the kill4me video draws from "The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears" (sometimes almost exactly same scenes just actors changed). So after watching it, you could be able to make more sense of the video (or you just get more confused).

At the beginning of the video, I was really feeling good about it. The cinematography was great and I loved the colors they used. I also thought Manson looked great. In the back of my head, I was hoping this was going to be the video that didn't end in sex with younger women, but it did. Manson is out of ideas for videos. When he was at his peak of creativity, the videos were more focused on him, symbolism, and theatrics. Sex and sexuality was almost always present in Manson videos, but more as an art. I feel like the old Manson would have ended this video with the girl Depp seems to be controlling killing him, or something of that nature that is moderately creative and not just sex to keep people's attention like it's the first episode of an HBO show. I love Manson, but the videos from the past 2-3 albums have lacked creativity. Maybe it has something to do with bands feeling pressured to put out at least 2 videos for an album regardless of if they feel creatively motivated to do so or not. Idk. I just hate these videos ending in the same way. It's kind of gimmicky.

16. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I love this song! I think the video actually enhances what was previously brilliant in its own right.

18. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post