Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: HARDCORE collectors question! : Mechanical Animals cd

Default HARDCORE collectors question! : Mechanical Animals cd

Hello everyone!

I need the help of those really crazy collectors who keep catalouges of the bands releases. Colectors can help, but anyone out there who owns an original copy of Mechanical Animals they bought when it was first released in the USA in 1998 can help me too!

I got a copy of Mechanical Animals cd used. And not surprisingly it came without the cardboard slipcover. My cd is the amercian copy that features the CD matrix number INTD90273E 0530311463 MFG by Universal. This can be found on the back of the disc printed in the silver around the center.

Im trying to find a replacement cardboard sleeve. The cardboard sleeve for the USA original contains the barcode on the back with numbers 606949027322 and no other numbers. I noticed that some cardboard sleeves have this barcode number and also some other smaller numbers printed just below the barcode.

----

What I would like to know is what slipcover would go to a cd copy that has my CD matrix number on it?

----

If you have a cd with this matrix number on the back that you bought new from a store, can you tell me whether the cd slipcover has just the barcode number or any extra numbers printed on the back?

I know its wild, but any help is very appreciated!

Try Discogs. There is almost EVERYTHING listed including barcodes and stuff.

Add Procrastinator on Facebook Visit Procrastinator's Instagram Channel

Welcome aboard @rufe.da.gay.goth.squirrel!

I checked on Discogs and the only Universal releases of this CD listed on there are an Argentinian and a German version.

I found a match of the matrix number on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mar1lyn-M...gAAOSwicZZv-0F

However the listing says origin is UK and the label is Nothing Records so a but confusing but I think it might be what you're looking for. If I were you I'd just get another copy that still has the slipcase on it though. :P

Well teh CDS are all say theyre released by Nothing/Interscope records. But the labels had their CDs manufactured by Universal. The disc I own says MFG by Universal in the runout and that is the case with most every american pressing, except maybe those made by record clubs. Also the person selling the copy on ebay does not have a runout number that matches mine the last couple of numbers are different.

The problem with discogs is they provided no pictures of the cardboard slipcase for the original USA editions making their actual appearance a mystery to me. Ive seen on sale sites many slipcovers with many variations on the sleeve design.

So if there is still anyone out there with a physical copy that could give me more info I would really appreciate it.

Or at least if you have the original USA pressing let me know what the back of it looks like an if there are any other non-barcode numbers on it or whatever.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I agree with P, you're more likely to just find a near-mint copy of the original for less hassle than needing one part of it. I had this problem with the illustrated tour version of Mechanical Animals back in the day; I purchased it new, someone came to my house and tore the slipcase dicking about with it, so I just looked super hard and bought another copy. Then I sealed it in plastic and put it in the attic so no one could touch it.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Procrastinator on Facebook Visit Procrastinator's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Then I sealed it in plastic and put it in the attic so no one could touch it.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I agree with P, you're more likely to just find a near-mint copy of the original for less hassle than needing one part of it. I had this problem with the illustrated tour version of Mechanical Animals back in the day; I purchased it new, someone came to my house and tore the slipcase dicking about with it, so I just looked super hard and bought another copy. Then I sealed it in plastic and put it in the attic so no one could touch it.

Yeah I hate it when people carelessly mishandle my swag >:s

But youre the big guy from what I can tell. Do u have an original copy of the US pressing? I can just be happy with knowing if there is any other numbers printed below the barcode than the standard barcode numbers on the sleeve. I can take care of the rest myself. I basically have an attachment to the copy I currently own and would just want to find a new sleeve off another copy in order to replace its missing one. Preferrable the sleeve designed for my copy.

I think buying another CD would be your best bet. But you could also just look on eBay and ask the sellers about the numbers. However, I kind of doubt there are many cardboard covers for sale out there without a the whole CD and case in it. I would say just get another one and just have one with the cover and one without. I know that's not the answer you want, but I think it is the most realistic one. But beware of a lot of CDs and tapes out there being sold as originals. Many of them are not. Just ask for a picture of the numbers and go to discogs to double-check. Then you should be good!