Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Loudwire - HUD #11 Best Hard Rock Albums 2017

Default Loudwire - HUD #11 Best Hard Rock Albums 2017

11. Marilyn Manson, 'Heaven Upside Down'

Marilyn Manson has seen a rebirth in his music career in recent years, finding an ease in his working relationship with film composer / producer Tyler Bates, and the uptick continues with ‘Heaven Upside Down.’ This more guitar-centric effort is a frequently menacing statement often breaching into cataclysmic territory. “We Know Where You F—king Live” and “Say10” speak of the apocalypse and religious carnage, while the surprising “KILL4ME” provides one of the album’s sweeter moments with Manson’s own twisted take on a love song. “Saturnalia” is particularly moving, while “Je$u$ Cri$i$” sounds most reminiscent of his earlier works. ‘Heaven Upside Down’ fits well within the Manson catalog and shows there’s plenty left to say for the shock rocker.
    Full list here

http://loudwire.com/25-best-hard-rock-albums-2017/

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

That's a good list. Vessels andThe Stories We Tell Ourselves are both amazing albums. Not a bad spot for HUD, but I think TPE was higher when it came out.
    B e c o m e • G r o w • D e s t r o y
    ApP

Well, if Loudwire thinks so... I'm sure we'll be linked to this article in their social media for the next 4 and a half years so I don't want to read the entire list yet.

Has the album appeared on any other year-end lists? I'd check myself, but I pretty much did all of this, and I really don't want to read through so much click-bait shit again.

There's a tonne more lists here and on the "All Publications" sidebar on the right here. I see HUD @ #24 on AllMusic, so I'm assuming it appeared on some more.

So if you're bored... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Homeostasis View Post
    I see HUD @ #24 on AllMusic, so I'm assuming it appeared on some more.
    Not exactly. HUD is, together with other 89 albums, actually #2 on Allmusic, or #10 - 98 if you want. The first 9 have all 100% and there are almost 90 that got 90%. More specific order depends on release date if you look closer.

...and then I suddenly remember why I like senseless rachet music more and more. This list made me vomit.