Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marilyn Manson Interviewed + Acoustic Sweet Dreams Performance on Italian TV - MUSIC

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

I totally agree! I’m sure we will get at least one more album with Bates. It’s always good for MM to have a change because it helps him change. But sticking with Bates for a longer time we know would create great results.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    You know, I only really understood this in full at the London show a few weeks ago. I didn't make it to any of The Pale Emperor shows, so besides YouTube, this was the first time I'd seen Tyler on tour.

It annoys me when people just stand and watch the singer in a band, and despite how captivating Manson is live, I want to see what other musicians are doing. Although stoic, Tyler has quite a presence on stage, and interestingly (from what I could tell) he's as determined in his performance as Manson. This creates a different energy.
    The most important aspect of seeing the band live post-2009 for me, was Manson and Twiggy performing together, and later on, Fred. Since Twiggy decided to move back to Bass though, the focus wasn't on him as much, and whether due to unfortunate circumstances or not, I wondered how his absence would affect the 'band' feel on stage after October. Juan was full of buzz, and eager to be at Manson's side, but Tyler looked like a towering, strong, defiant member of Marilyn Manson.
    There was one brief moment where I think Paul might have come in a little too quickly for a song, possibly even by just one guitar note, but the look on Tyler's face was amazing. Think of all those times where Manson rages at the crew for something being slightly off, it was just like that - I don't think even Manson noticed this little fuck up, but it's weird to think someone else as driven and proud as Manson is stood next to him controlling controlling thousands of people.

I'd like to see at least another two albums with Tyler on board, possibly even three to bump it to five. Daisy got two, Twiggy got five, John only really got two, and Skold had two also. If Gil's happy sticking it out, I think he makes for a fierce drummer, and the commercial success of The Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down could pave the way for a more diverse, mapped-out album written by several people.
    Agreed word to word.

Not to mention the fact that Bates is a movie composer with very little experience as a musician, touring wise. Now he looks like a rockstar who has toured his entire life.

cupid carrying the gun Heather Quick's Avatar

This week Tyler was interviewed in a podcast about soundtracks, but also talked about him and Manson, specially the acoustic performance of Sweet Dreams.

The whole episode

I love how he described his approach to working with Manson, I hope they work together again in the future.