Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Interviewed by Channel 4 News UK - UPDATED with 36min Interview

Great interview! Better than expected since they chose to preview the old hat about his name, but the rest of the interview is pretty insightful. His comments on the allegation craze are well thought out, as expected.

This man really deserves a break after this shitty year, but knowing him, he'll do the exact opposite and keep working his ass off. Hats off to Manson, he surely turned shit upside down this year.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

I think maybe the majority of Channel 4 News viewers don’t have a clue about Marilyn Manson so the preview ain’t great for us but it’s a great introduction to who Marilyn Manson is. I’m happy he gave such a good interview and presented himself so well because he’s exposed to a different audience.

3. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Great interview. Love it. Does anyone has the picture of Bowie in Wembley with the "globe on his shoulders" Manson refers to?

Very good to see him trying without as many insecure jokes, without sunglasses and with enough confidence to try to talk about the world in a serious way. Maybe it is because he is hanging around with Tyler Bates, Doug Stanhope, Billy Corgan and Johnny Depp, which are people who sounds intelligent enough to speak with Manson on the same level, which could give Manson the feeling that maybe he isn't bat shit crazy after all.

Almost all of the interviews from this era points in the same direction. I really love to see the depressed vibes disappearing more and more (I think that started around Born Villain). On the other hand it's obvious that he is tired because of the leg and I'd guess he just came out of an opioid treatment, which makes you tired as well, and of course there is the adjustment to not having those endorphin receptors stimulated. He could be on pain killers still, but he didn't sound like it, and he was drinking, so I'd guess not. And then there is the touring, which must be hard on your body too, when it's trying to heal.

I hope for Manson and anyone interested that the tendencies continue, of course. I keep hoping he will go on the Joe Rogan podcast, because if he became friends with Rogan it could be fantastic for his personal development. And I hope those movie roles he is taking next years makes him work out to get in shape for the character. If he got fit it would just propel him forward towards a better mind with less depression, and it would make his music even more focused and his live shows even higher in energy. I think that with such an intelligent mind it's important to keep the body in good shape, because that computer has a lot of programs running on it, so energy and processing power is essential for not become sucked into the black hole of the whirlwind of the mind. (Like Manson gets when he talkes about four interconnected ideas at the same time and won't complete a coherent sentence because the ideas moves faster than the logic).

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Here is the smaller packaged broadcast version on the C4 news website, also featuring video clips from Kill4me and WKWYFL;

https://www.channel4.com/news/marily...ual-harassment

Overall a great interview, the interviewer handled himself well and asked good questions, although he needed a microphone of his own as on the 36 minute interview, it would have been nice to hear his questions more clearly.

Manson was looking great, including the discreetly coloured contact lens.

It was indeed very nice to see an interview like this from Manson again. I really enjoyed listening.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Mexxecutioner View Post
    Great interview. Love it. Does anyone has the picture of Bowie in Wembley with the "globe on his shoulders" Manson refers to?
    Indeed, here you are:-

"the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Wonderful interview. I've missed these. "Now back to Columbine" made me cringe a bit, but what can you do.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Indeed, here you are]
    Thank you so much. :)

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Sisyphus
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.