Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pogo didn't contribute to POAAF?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

You might be right, it's hard to tell. I took it to mean that yes, they hadn't talked for a while leading up to May 2007 when the interview was conducted, but as he later says he tried bringing him in at several crucial lucrative points during EAT ME, DRINK ME. That could easily all have been during the same month as the interview, though, as post-production and music videos would have been done more than three weeks before the album if he was still on Interscope's schedule.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Halloween 2006 was the last time they talked and after that MM made the effort to contact him, he didn’t respond.

I read an interview with Manson a few months ago where he talked about not understanding why Pogo hated him so much etc. In the interview he mentioned that he (Manson) did all the keyboard work on TGAOG and Pogo only showed up for the tour.

I looked for the interview, but couldn't find it, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: S.D. nailed it with the quote I was looking for.
    Last edited by PogosRevenge; 12-18-2017 at 05:35 PM.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

That explains why Pogo is so bitter now. He hates himself because he fucked up.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Not directly on topic per se, but I always try to take the opportunity whenever Pogo comes up to point out what a batshit insane fucking moron he is. I know I wasn't a fan back in the day and I never saw his personal life but I can barely even view current day Pogo as the same person who was in Marilyn Manson.

He's got this little fanclub (??) of weirdos who give him this insane sort of god complex and it couldn't be more apparent that he thinks he is the hottest of all shit. I follow him on Facebook because I'm a masochist and it's just an endless stream of the most inane pseudo-philosopical pseudo-intelligent bullshit and then people act like he's a smart dude. Frankly I've never seen a single word out of him ever that leads me to believe that there is any intelligence or identity hiding under there somewhere.

I am at a complete loss where this perception of Pogo came from. Manson was a public performer so of course he had to talk up his band, but at this point a good part of me believes that Manson said all that shit about Pogo being a genius as a sarcastic slam because of how simple he is.

I know I've said all of this many times, but I will be eternally puzzled as to why Scott was hated so much around here and Pogo's behavior since the departure is rarely touched on. Like all that third-grade humor level nonsense he was spouting off when Manson got hurt on stage. There may be some redeeming factor if the shit he said was actually funny or if there were a legitimate reason to constantly wish death on Manson publicly, but it zooms right past those into embarrassing cringey retardation.

Carry on.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I agree, he is insane. He's always been insane, it's no secret. However, considering the Numerology, Kabbalah, and Alchemical elements/ references he made within MM's music, he definitely was (Past tense) not a idiot. He has spoken in past interviews (Back when they interviewed the band, not just Manson), and he seemed to be a intelligent individual. Although, no saying much, swerving and making faces during the same interviews, definitely implied a sense of instability, lol. He has totally turned into a washed up, bitter, Charles Manson-type of psychopath. And his followers are no better. I miss the old him, though. He was eccentric, and added a certain spark to the bands image. Oh well.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    I know I've said all of this many times, but I will be eternally puzzled as to why Scott was hated so much around here and Pogo's behavior since the departure is rarely touched on.
    Carry on.
    Scott actually had a career so his name seemed to come up every now and again leading to people posting their negative opinions of him more often I guess. Is Pogo even doing anything anymore or is he just living off residuals from the albums he was credited on? Scott's name would come up in relation to some project he was doing, even if it was just more Spooky Kids stuff, but I only ever see Pogo mentioned when he's said something retarded on social media.

I remember Pogo started up something called MM3 (I actually liked the track they released) but it never went anywhere.