Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11th album

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Well from what he said to Kerrang! he's already begun some work on it. It could just possibly be portions of lyrics and musical ideas, but every album has to start somewhere.

I'm expecting and also hoping we see a third album with Tyler Bates, make 3 solid albums with him and for me that will be perfect!
    Agreed on this, The Cry Little Sister cover they did is amazing; though it would be curious to see if Manson could make a great record without Tyler's input at this point (I know he did in the past, but both TPE and HUD are far better than everything he did after the GAOG). As Zane Lowe said, Tyler did "save Manson".

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Manson has always collaborated with other musicians, outside of being a Band. After TGAOG, it was Skold. Then Twiggy x2, then Tyler x2. Either he does something different or plays it safe with Tyler. However, Tyler and Manson can still make something different, as the difference between TPE and HUD is pretty obvious.
    The Conet Project

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Manson has always collaborated with other musicians, outside of being a Band. After TGAOG, it was Skold. Then Twiggy x2, then Tyler x2.
    Absolutely. But it simply cannot be denied that Manson's relationship with Tyler is undoubtedly more 'business-like' as opposed to the more organic relationship Manson shared with a Skold or a Twiggy. As I said, his purpose was essentially to kick Manson's ass back into form and get him to where he needs to be, and he did that near-flawlessly. He completed his mission. I wouldn't focus too much on that point, because at the end of the day so long as they're putting out solid albums, that's all that really matters. However, I've heard cheeky jokes made ceaselessly over the past while that Manson pays Tyler some kind of retainer or a fixed rate for every songwriting session. I chuckled at the joke made earlier about Tyler kicking Marilyn Manson out of Marilyn Manson. Again, the end product is what matters, but for me, it's never going to sit well how close Manson is to standard pop star ghostwriter territory. I'd like to see a more free-flowing, organic process with everyone invested all-in, not simply a proficient songwriter dropped in to whip up successful albums whenever he's not engulfed in his real career. Again, while Tyler can write solid tunes, at this point in Manson's career there could be a lot of untapped potential that comes with more experimentation and a fearlessness for the unknown.

Either he does something different or plays it safe with Tyler. However, Tyler and Manson can still make something different, as the difference between TPE and HUD is pretty obvious.
    This part addresses what my main point was. It's only my opinion, but I think TPE and HUD actually have the least difference between albums in all of Manson's career. Sure, one is a little swampy and one is a little poppy, but you could've easily put half the tracks from TPE on HUD and vice versa and the layman would not pick up on it at all. Manson's now back on top in a sense, and he can afford to take more risks and do something massively different. I simply do not think that the Manson-Tyler relationship could produce anything truly magical after the past two albums. Essentially there's two options. First being that Manson works with Tyler again, puts out another album, it's just as good as the last two, gets decent reviews, the fans are fine with it, rinse and repeat. To me though, that'd be boring, it'd simply be cruise control. Manson is now in the perfect and perfectly timed position to truly wow, put out something seismically different, late-career defining and phenomenal. Personally I'm just not confident he could make that record with Tyler.

To be fair, after 10 albums the differences between the soundscapes do get smaller. Mechanical Animals was a huge departure from Antichrist Superstar, but what can he possibly do now to sound different without losing his signature sound?

I don't agree with the ghostwriter theory either. Manson has always relied on "real" musicians to bring his lyrical and creative ideas to life. First it was Scott, then Twiggy, Trent, John 5, Skold, etc. The only album that was written for - and not with - him was EAT ME, DRINK ME, I think. Tyler Bates is a genius, he knows where to pick up Manson's ideas, twist them and finish them with Manson.

Part of me wishes he'd keep working with Tyler Bates (and Gil Sharone) forever, since they're amazingly talented and cool people, on the other hand it's maybe time to switch things up again. Still waiting for that acoustic album, goddammit.

Hahah! God I hope that Manson finds a new writer. Bates is OK but not amazing. Very party swank oriented music

This is the super goth in me talking, but Id love it if he made an album that added a little bit more metal and a some classical symphonic elements. THough of course still keep his slimy stripper industrial rock elements.

I'm absolutely adore Cry Little Sister and how it translated live, so I would like to see the 11th studio album take that direction. Songs that have an eerie atmospheric feel (The Long Hard Road out of Hell, Valentine's Day, If I Was Your Vampire, Cry Little Sister).

Also I may be the only one, but I find Born Villain a overall better album than Heaven Upside Down.

Same. I loved his hair at the beginning of this era, especially during the photo shoot with Perou during the WKWYFL video, and on the new Kerrang cover. But he keeps reverting to growing it out and shaving the sides, right back to the BV era. But I think short hair suits him the best. Clean cut with an edge.

I'd like a album that is different from his others. Like TPE, but more Moody, atmospheric, and murky. Something KILL4ME, Saturnalia, and Blood Honey would be on. A Dark wave, but still hard album. Idk I'm sure whatever he puts out, I'll like. I just want something different. He's at that point in his career where can do whatever he wants.

I just don't want another "This is my TRUE Comeback" album.
    People still think he does eras? He doesn't play characters anymore and hasn't for awhile so I really don't expect him to change his looks. He clearly likes having a brohawk and wearing suites. Let the man live.

Unless he has a solid idea for a concept album, I think it would be interesting if he goes the pop music route of hiring different producers and collaborators (new and old ie. Vrenna, Reznor, Skold etc.) for each track on the album. It would make for a diverse album at least.
    Last edited by PogosRevenge; 09-05-2018 at 06:43 AM.

I would love to see Rob Zombie focus on his film work. Then Manson can Scoop up John 5 / Ginger again. Do a reunion tour or something. Throw Bates in the mix and you got something insane.

Ginger/John5/Juan/Bates/Manson would be the best line up / album i could ever think of. Although to be honest. Gil is my fav Manson drummer so far.
    Im An Entity In Which Is Invisible To Mankind...

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    I would love to see Rob Zombie focus on his film work. Then Manson can Scoop up John 5 / Ginger again. Do a reunion tour or something. Throw Bates in the mix and you got something insane.

Ginger/John5/Juan/Bates/Manson would be the best line up / album i could ever think of. Although to be honest. Gil is my fav Manson drummer so far.
    I don't really see that happening, as if Rob would lend half of his band to MM. But I will agree, Gil is the best drummer since Ginger. He kicks so much ass.

For album 11, I really hope Manson sort of goes the route he went with BV, but of course more focused and better produced. But more importantly making the album have a visual companion, like the BV short film. Idk, either way I'm sure it'll turn out great, just don't want another album of Manson trying to prove he is "Back", because he already has. I think TPE had such great imagery within its photography, I want something like that.
    The Conet Project