Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11th album

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    For album 11, I really hope Manson sort of goes the route he went with BV, but of course more focused and better produced. But more importantly making the album have a visual companion, like the BV short film. Idk, either way I'm sure it'll turn out great, just don't want another album of Manson trying to prove he is "Back", because he already has. I think TPE had such great imagery within its photography, I want something like that.
    Yes! I especially agree with you on the point of Born Villain. I’ve been listening to that album a lot lately and have been really digging it. Sometimes I find it bland, but when I get into it, I really enjoy it. I guess it depends on what kind of mood I’m in. I’ve even been finding myself enjoying Slow-Mo-Tion again. There really are some great tracks on that record (e.g. The Flowers of Evil, Overneath (The Path of Misery)).

I’d also really like a visual companion. The Born Villain short film as an introduction to the album was fantastic. I love the feeling it provoked to the new era.

I also wouldn’t mind songs in the sonic vein of the track Heaven Upside Down.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

I think the 11th album should be a second self titled autobiography sound book with just him speaking accompanied with incidental music.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I don't really see that happening, as if Rob would lend half of his band to MM. But I will agree, Gil is the best drummer since Ginger. He kicks so much ass.

For album 11, I really hope Manson sort of goes the route he went with BV, but of course more focused and better produced. But more importantly making the album have a visual companion, like the BV short film. Idk, either way I'm sure it'll turn out great, just don't want another album of Manson trying to prove he is "Back", because he already has. I think TPE had such great imagery within its photography, I want something like that.
    You mean like 'Yonce's Lemonade. I always pulled for MM to do it and I feel if he did it now, he'd just be a "oh here's another artist with a visual album".

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    You mean like 'Yonce's Lemonade. I always pulled for MM to do it and I feel if he did it now, he'd just be a "oh here's another artist with a visual album".
    What I'm saying is have a album that has inspiration and a theme of aesthetics. Like TPE, how that era was presented was perfect.
    The Conet Project

That would be cool. A story told through videos for each song.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    That would be cool. A story told through videos for each song.
    Apparently Manson wanted to do a video for each song on MA. Wonder how that would have turned out.
    The Conet Project

What I'm saying is have a album that has inspiration and a theme of aesthetics. Like TPE, how that era was presented was perfect.
    He hasn't done 'era's' in ages but ok.

Apparently Manson wanted to do a video for each song on MA. Wonder how that would have turned out.
    Something amazing I’m sure. Would have loved a video for Disassociative.

He hasn't done 'era's' in ages but ok.
    Well, not to the extent of the transformations he made between 1996-2005, but each album has always had a look of it's own, as subtle as they may be. And the sound of each album is pretty obvious imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Something amazing I’m sure. Would have loved a video for Disassociative.
    Me too. Especially The Last Day On Earth, Fundamentally Loathsome, and The Speed Of Pain.
    The Conet Project

I wish Manson could do stuff sort of like how the rap game works. Where as he just drops singles here and there in between eras. Like even now while he has some time off, have some fun make a song or two with Paul and Gil and Juan. And release it.

Hell even the Helter Skelter was cool. Would be cool if it was just Manson's band.

Similar to how "Suck For Your Solution" came out. It was an Era track.

I feel Manson is too self conscious these days, and plays it safe with shorter albums and stuff. Plays mostly older / popular songs live.

Look at Tyler, The Creator or Travis Scott. They drop new albums and new songs all the time. Hell same with ASAP Rocky.

It doesn't always have to be a super polished studio single. Drop some shit. Even older songs, I remember when he said there were B-Sides to born villain, we never got to hear.

Point is, Manson is sounding great again, and I would love to see him active with making music. Don't be shy. You're already a legend.