Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Help me figure out Mechanical Animals!!!

Default Help me figure out Mechanical Animals!!!

Can you guys please help me answer a question ive been dealing with for a while as a collector? If you have a cd copy of Mechanical Animals, you can help me and it would not take too much effort. I would be so extremely grateful. All you have to do is basically get out your cd copies of Mechanical Animals and read me a few numbers! The more people who check their cds for me, the closer I get to answering my question!

First thing, there is something called the Matrix (runout) number printed on the back of the disc itself, in the reflective silver close to the center hole in the cd. It is a long series of words and letters/numbers
    Does you cd have the matrix number that reads : INTD90273E 0530311463

If yours doesnt match then youre all done and thanks for your help. But if youre cd has that exact matrix number on the back of the disc, then i beg of you for one more favor! Can you then tell me what is the barcode numbers (and anything outside the barcode) on the paper slipcase that warps around the whole cd?

Ive been trying to figure out what was the original cardboard sleeve my copy had when it was first published! All you guys have to do is look at your cd for me, and if it has the exact matrix number then answer my barcode question.
    Last edited by rufe.da.gay.goth.squirrel; 09-12-2018 at 12:51 PM.

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar

I have an original copy because I bought it the week it came out =)

The barcode on the back of the cardboard slipcase reads...
    6 - 06949 - 02732 - 2

^ The outside 6 and 2 were the smaller numbers. The numbers in the middle were the numbers directly below the barcode. Hope this helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    I have an original copy because I bought it the week it came out =)

The barcode on the back of the cardboard slipcase reads...
    6 - 06949 - 02732 - 2

^ The outside 6 and 2 were the smaller numbers. The numbers in the middle were the numbers directly below the barcode. Hope this helped!
    Thats really cool you have an original. Well can you tell me the matrix number on the disc itself? that would answer a lot of questions.

Here is a picture of a matrix number on a cd: shows what it is an where you can find it on the back of the disc. can you tell me what it says on your copy?

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

May I ask what you're trying to solve here?
    B e c o m e G r o w D e s t r o y
    ApP

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    May I ask what you're trying to solve here?
    Im trying to determine which slipcase went with my copy of the album. I do not have the original slipcase anymore, and I noticed that the slip cases have multiple variations in either barcode or package design. This will help me figure out which slipcase originally went to my copy of the cd.

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar

Okay, I looked at the two copies I have, and realized they're copies I bought over the years because the last 3 songs skipped on my original copy. I had given my original copy away to a friend because he desperately wanted the album anyway. But the matrix number on the copies I have start with L388 1088 D125925...

However, I still wanted SOMETHING from the original because I still own the original copies of all the other albums. So I still have the original Mechanical Animals slipcase.

And the number I gave you earlier, that's on the back of the slipcase. On the top spine of the slipcase, I got what you're probably looking for that matches up with the matrix number on the original CD.

Underneath the MAR1LYN MAN5ON mechanical animals logo on the top spine of the slipcase, it says, INTD-90273 NOTHING RECORDS.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by Unpretty Unsafe; 09-15-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

All of my original copies of all things Marilyn Manson were stolen or disposed of without my consent. I would help you, but my love of being a collector died over the course of several months many, many years ago. It's awesome that you are still so keen to details and organization though.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM