Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11th album

What makes you think we are getting an 11th album ? If TB decides to call it quit after this tour i wouldnt be surprise if he decides to retire

Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    What makes you think we are getting an 11th album ? If TB decides to call it quit after this tour i wouldnt be surprise if he decides to retire
    He had stated in an interview during the release of Heaven Upside Down that he definitely doesn’t plan on it being his last record. I don’t remember what interview it was.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    I do think it's worth reminding people occasionally that the man is only forty-eight years old...

Some people don't achieve their greatest until they've been in the game for life. Look at Bowie a couple of decades before he died; the press virtually wrote him off in the early nineties when he was the same age Manson is now. He took gambles by stripping back his image, sound, and trying everything from radio friendly lounge rock, to Drum N' Bass, heavy metal, Industrial, Soul, electronica and jazz in just nine years, but was barely appreciated for any of it at the time. Now the press applaud records like Outside and Heathen because he's dead, and released two astounding albums just years before he passed.

Obviously I don't want Manson to head off before he reaches seventy, even that was a loss given Bowie's lifestyle, but it's easy to get lost in revisionist history and forget that everyone has ebb and flow in their career, and sometimes the best is yet to come.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

I'd like if he changed his hairstyle for the next era.

I hope he makes more songs like KILL4ME and Third Day.

Id like more strings on the next album. That performance he did of sweet dreams acoustic on that show was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexinator View Post
    I'd like if he changed his hairstyle for the next era.
    Same. I loved his hair at the beginning of this era, especially during the photo shoot with Perou during the WKWYFL video, and on the new Kerrang cover. But he keeps reverting to growing it out and shaving the sides, right back to the BV era. But I think short hair suits him the best. Clean cut with an edge.

I'd like a album that is different from his others. Like TPE, but more Moody, atmospheric, and murky. Something KILL4ME, Saturnalia, and Blood Honey would be on. A Dark wave, but still hard album. Idk I'm sure whatever he puts out, I'll like. I just want something different. He's at that point in his career where can do whatever he wants.

I just don't want another "This is my TRUE Comeback" album.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Well, since I have yet to be disappointed in a Manson Album.
    Bring it on!
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Well from what he said to Kerrang! he's already begun some work on it. It could just possibly be portions of lyrics and musical ideas, but every album has to start somewhere.

I'm expecting and also hoping we see a third album with Tyler Bates, make 3 solid albums with him and for me that will be perfect!

Were it a few years back, I'd be saying its insane to speculate on the next album so early. However, the industry trend appears to be going back to much shorter album cycles. Whereas bands have been releasing 15-track albums every 2.5-3+ years for what seems like an eternity, a 9 or 10-track album every 1.5-2 years, sometimes even a year, is common now. Couple that with Manson's still-increasing passion and drive, and what he mentioned in Kerrang, and its not entirely outside the realm of possibility that an 11th album could be released as soon as this time next year. Though of course, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm certain I represent the minority on this one, but personally, I actively do not wish for a third album with Tyler. He has fulfilled his purpose in reawakening the beast and he did a phenomenal job on that front. A few years back, Manson was all but written off as an irrelevant, pathetic middle-ager with a cringingly tired shtick, misguided as that sentiment may have been. Now however, he's attained a rightful position as an elder statesman figure. I don't think I know a soul who doesn't at the very least respect the man at this point. The reason people want another collaboration with Tyler is because you can bet anything those two release would be objectively good. But therein lies the problem, it would be nothing more than 'good.' Manson has built up enough good will at this point to take a gamble, pull a Mechanical Animals, and do something completely out of left field, and that is exactly what he should do. In fact, at this point it may be arguably detrimental not to do that. Someone earlier mentioned 90s Bowie, and that's definitely a good comparison to make. TPE and HUD will forever be known among fans as 'the Tyler Bates albums,' and thus a third collaboration would more than likely come off as formulaic, and more than a little too 'safe.' Manson desperately needed to be safe with TPE, he needed to get his head clear and just release an album of damn-solid tunes. Now however, he's comfortably back to where he needs to be, and he can afford to be substantially more experimental. Tyler has something similar to the John 5 problem, in that while he's great at what he does, at a point it comes off as uninspired and lacking versatility, or again - safe. He can write hits for days, but he has a very, very distinctive 'mark.' Personally I'd like for Manson to toss everything out, bring in some fresh collaborators, and make an album he genuinely wants to make, not worrying about what people think of it or how well it does or how it affects his career. Also, I do hope that sooner rather than later, Marilyn Manson appears more like a 'band' and not a focused collaborative effort to keep the ship afloat. The ship is now afloat.

As for what lil ol' me would want in an 11th album, the best way I can put it is this: Manson used to be an expert at digesting the current culture and twisting it into something morbidly unique and all his own. I'd love if he went back to that, sort of inadvertently being 'mainstream' without being mainstream, especially with today's oxymoron of sort of histrionic yet soulless pop music and the utter dejection and confusion many seem to be feeling these days. I agree with what's been expressed by a few others already, I think he was on to something with songs like Third Day, KILL4ME, Saturnalia, etc. I personally believe some of the heavier songs on the last two albums, great as they are, were written at least partially due to a sense of obligation. To me at least, the aforementioned songs definitely sound like more work and thought went into them, and he seems to be prouder of them. So, I'd say take a kind of dark pop sensibility, and go way outside the box with it. One thing Manson said awhile back keeps vaguely sticking with me from an interview he did I believe jointly with Corgan regarding the current state of the world and culture - something about the big party before the war or something like that. That sort of vibe would be perfect.
    Last edited by Justsomeguy; 06-18-2018 at 10:52 AM.