Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First blood II: New Years Prostitutions 2018.

Default First blood II: New Years Prostitutions 2018.

Last year @A Gruesome Discovery led us merrily forth into the New Year with a post encouraging the time honoured past time of sharing resolutions. He asked the Modulites:

So who's got a New Year's Resolution? Who doesn't give any fucks about New Years Resolutions? ....

Some common ones are:
    -Lose weight/get fit
    -Drink less
    -Stop smoking

Some less common ones are:
    -Get fat and gross
    -Drink more
    -Take up smoking; it really does make you look sophisticated

So are you going to be a better "YOU" in 2017, or are you already a perfect fucking specimen? Share.
    But now would also be the time to reflect on what you wrote. Did it work? For some they were too accurate in their predictions, such as Mike (MTragedy666) who sadly got his wish. But for others, did @Nemoris Inferioris manage to eat more food? Did @YoureAlreadyHere manage to find a new can? Did @Shangri-LIE have a successful hunting season? How broke did @Hazekiah manage to go for?

The maybe proffer up new, bigger, better and more impossible versions of them. Perhaps to change entirely and pick a new set, swapping them out like a bad haircut and a tattered old bill. Maybe, like me you will still grouch and grumble and refuse to have anything to do with the whole claptrap.

So reflect, repent, celebrate, and share!
    Last edited by Enname; 12-31-2017 at 11:48 PM.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

I did find a new can! ;)

hopefully Luna & I get into a lot of fun shenanigans this year!

bonne année
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

A Psycho's Path Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

I never got to eating More, but I did go through with my "diet" of discarding soda and unhealthy foods. Mostly soda. I quit... for a few months. Lol. But after a while you don't crave it. Then, you get sick of drinking tea, or other drinks that you want to go back. I love the carbonation. Now, I know Dieting and eating more comtradict, but what i meant was that i usually forget to eat, and end up eating once a day, one big meal. But I did also want to stop drinking sodas and drinks with Sugar and High Fructose corn syrup, and basically eliminating sugar from my foods. But I am proud of those 6 months. After that, I went a little lenient on myself. But as of Now, it's totally gone. Maybe this year's resolutions will be to pick it up again. But I have other plans.

Save Money.
    Buy a Computer
    Buy a Synthesizer and Samplers
    Fully focus on my music and other projects.
    Get a new car.

Some of those are kinda of Hopes and Wishes, but I want to promise myself those.

Anyway, 2017 sucked, for everyone. So this New Year is more of a celebration of the END of 2017, rather than the start of 2018. Lol.
    B e c o m e • G r o w • D e s t r o y
    ApP

I didn't really make any resolutions this year and I'm not in the habit of doing so becuase I know that I'm not going to follow through it. My username gives away where this is heading but hey, everyone procrastinates in one way or another. Whether it's cleaning the oven or starting your own business, there always seems to be something that's stopping you from achieving your goals and in most cases it's either fear of failure or fear of success or maybe fear of change. So with this being said, I'd like to revisit some reading material on beating procrastinaiton that I came across in 2017 and see if I can get further inspiration to making more progress with the goals I have already set for myself fifty million years ago.

One thing that occurred to me today though, is that I am terrible at showing empathy. I have worked in customer service for a car insurance broker for two and a half years and it seems like I've become severely desensitized towards people's problems, after hearing so many stories about how "the dog ate my driving licence so that's why I can't send you a copy of it and i know you were supposed to cancel my policy for it two weeks ago but please don't cancel it now, i promise i will apply for a new licence right away but i'm actually not going to do it for another couple of weeks because my grandmother will die within the extension period you are about to give me and then i'm going on holiday in Spain". So yeah, it's not like I actually give a shit about random strangers' problems but I want to learn to emphatize with them more so that I feel less awkward when talking to them on the phone.

Bit of a stretch but it'd be cool if I can get a driver's licence this year also.

Happy New Year, Provider Module! Let's all stay alive and well! <3

EDIT: @Nemoris Inferiosis;, have you tried mixing freshly squeezed fruit juice with sparkling water? Time consuming but also delicious. I've only tried this with lemons, oranges and grapefruit but other fruit might be worth a try too.
    Last edited by Procrastinator; 01-02-2018 at 02:37 PM.

This year:

- Eat more chocolate.
    - Have fun - stop being such a nerd.
    - Get one of those boyfriends.
    - Find a new appartment.
    - Buy more makeup.
    - Try not to buy anymore plants (and clothes).

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    Hopefully Luna & I get into a lot of fun shenanigans this year!

bonne année
    Et toi!

I am sure you will. You and Luna seem pretty irrepressible that way :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    Mostly soda. I quit... for a few months. Lol. But after a while you don't crave it. Then, you get sick of drinking tea, or other drinks that you want to go back. I love the carbonation. ......

Save Money.
    Buy a Computer
    Buy a Synthesizer and Samplers
    Fully focus on my music and other projects.
    Get a new car.

Some of those are kinda of Hopes and Wishes, but I want to promise myself those.
    I concur with Procrastinator's suggestions - mineral or sparkling water with juice (fresh or otherwise), or even a dash of cordial. Has the carbonation, some of the flavour, a touch of sugar to aid metabolisation, and isn't tea or plain water. If I had the money I would totally get one of the small machines that carbonate tap or regular water, because so much cheaper and no plastics involved.

Those are quite some hopes and wishes! I think should you manage to go even part way towards them you will have made a decent impact - after all, having a computer to run the synths and samples is pretty much half the task done. Looking forward to perhaps hearing some of the outcomes of your projects :)

I dunno, I didn't mind 2017 for all its rough start.

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    So with this being said, I'd like to revisit some reading material on beating procrastinaiton that I came across in 2017 and see if I can get further inspiration to making more progress with the goals I have already set for myself fifty million years ago.

One thing that occurred to me today though, is that I am terrible at showing empathy. I have worked in customer service for a car insurance broker for two and a half years and it seems like I've become severely desensitized towards people's problems.

Bit of a stretch but it'd be cool if I can get a driver's licence this year also.
    I know the procrastination feeling well, and the horrible combination of all three types of fear at once. Learning to find the point of friction that triggers insecurities and the anxiety spiral that causes avoidance is a very difficult task and can be very confronting. A friend of mine was practising her motivational interviewing on me (as one does) and even though the goal I set for the example was really very low risk, it unlocked a whole range of crap I'd been ignoring. Still, unpicking it later did help. Good luck, and make sure to take this new interest in empathy and apply it to yourself as well :)

Eh, it is hard not to become desensitised in that situation. There is little context for their avoidance, let alone people are rarely on their best behaviour when going into a conversation with customer service. It will drain even the most kind and understanding person after awhile, let alone the rest of the world. If it makes the work easier though, then I can only wish you the utmost success.

- Have fun - stop being such a nerd.
    @Plutonia

The rest are admirable, but this one? Nah..... live the nerd life. It is fun :P

Happy New Year, Provider Module! Let's all stay alive and well! <3
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

D'accord.

I suppose I should do myself.

I don't have anything to add for the New Year because most of my goal making was done half way through 2017 as opposed to arbitrarily at the date change over. After starting 2017 by dumping gasoline over the entire candle before setting fire to it and the resulting four months of hell trying to claw back the ability to walk and sorting out my health, I put in some stricter work-life balance checks. Such as I had to have some sort of life that was not work, which kind of makes a first in ... er... 10 years.

Basically I am seeking to find a moderate balance between my paid employment, my research, finding employment that combines payment and research, pursuing personal interests (music, reading, travel etc), relationships, and slowly clawing back to where I was health wise before I nose dived into oblivion.* The struggle lies in the fact that there is a large component of not actually knowing how to go about it, because ... work-a-holic. I am not even sure I remember what I like to do! So while I figure this out it is a matter of making sure I continue doing what I had promised myself in terms of being well and avoiding falling entirely into old habits in the whirligig of day-to-day humdrum life.

Anything further is simply dealing with the fact that the next six or so months have the potential for a lot of change on many fronts, and attempting to make sure that I don't hide from it out of fear (exhaustion) and miss opportunities.

*From this list you can see that I am not being overly successful, lol. There might need to be some decision making in my future.
    Last edited by Enname; 01-02-2018 at 06:28 PM.

@Enname

It IS fun but I have a feeling that I miss out on a lot of drunken mistakes... And tequila. I like tequila - I forgot I did :D

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonia View Post
    @Enname

It IS fun but I have a feeling that I miss out on a lot of drunken mistakes... And tequila. I like tequila - I forgot I did :D
    I am not sure how being a nerd should exclude drunken mistakes and tequila?? I find it is mostly a matter of time management :D

Mmmmmmmmmm tequila.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Unfortunately, I didn't kill any other animals this year.

My resolutions for this year include many, many great things. I control my own destiny to make those things possible. I will bump this thread on December 29th of this year and reply with what my resolutions/goals were/are and then list the ones that were met.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Married to Shangri-LIE Suedehead's Avatar

This year I am going to engage my brain before I work myself up into a jagged ball of anxiety, like others here, learn that it's okay to drink liquid that isn't fizzy then acquire the ability to see that glass of inert liquid as half full.