Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marilyn Manson ranks his own albums for Kerrang!

I appreciate the effort he put in to give a functional answer to a question that most of us struggle with, and we weren't involved in the making of them. It is fascinating to know now what he considers to be the most emotionally satisfying of the albums, and why/why not. Also huh, the guitar on Born Villain. Guess that shows everyone who disses his playing on Pistol Whipped.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    Manson always regards whatever he's working on or just finished as his best, or at least his favorite, record. It's kinda human nature.
    I can't remember who it was, but I remember some respected musician saying something like "If you don't think your new album is the best of your career you have no business releasing it. Get back in the fucking studio and try again".

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    Interesting. Strange to see him actually confirming what everyone has been saying about Jeordie for years.
    What is confirmed? He mentions that Twiggy was in a bad place during Born Villain, which Twiggy himself has spoken about several times regarding his subsequent sobriety. I'm sure it was during that tour that he claimed to have woken up in a pool of blood, or vomit, and has been clean since.
    I think assuming or wedging the hype around Twiggy more recently into what Manson says about something six years ago is reading between the lines.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    What is confirmed? He mentions that Twiggy was in a bad place during Born Villain, which Twiggy himself has spoken about several times regarding his subsequent sobriety. I'm sure it was during that tour that he claimed to have woken up in a pool of blood, or vomit, and has been clean since.
    I think assuming or wedging the hype around Twiggy more recently into what Manson says about something six years ago is reading between the lines.
    I was referring to the fact that a lot of fans felt Twiggy wasn't as invested in the band as he once was, not the recent allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    On Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside down "... and these two might be my favourite records"

So no, Did you even pay attention to WHY he ranked Holy Wood as the number one? Or are you a selective reader to better your own personal opinions? I'm glad he acknowledges Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside down as his favorites. They're probably the best thing to come and all thanks to the Bates.

Also, it's funny how he forgets when he was actually married since he's proclaiming it was during Golden Age. His own memory is starting to slip just like when a different editor corrected him in an article. Y I K E S
    Oh my, talking about "I'm oh, so right" assholes...

As a poet, I can assure that every artist's latests works are usually their favorites, simply because they're their latest efforts, and speak to them about recent issues...

So, chill the fuck down.

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by theimpaler View Post
    On Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside down "... and these two might be my favourite records"

So no, Did you even pay attention to WHY he ranked Holy Wood as the number one? Or are you a selective reader to better your own personal opinions?
    Oh God, you're one of those people.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

I would rather him rank his own tours. To me, live performances of songs off of each album from Marilyn Manson and other various artists should be (and him for a while) were intended to augment recorded studio versions of the tracks to accompany fans into a live experience of the atmosphere from which each album was engendered/attitude put into creating them for being rapt into during each performance.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I would rather him rank his own tours. To me, live performances of songs off of each album from Marilyn Manson and other various artists should be (and him for a while) were intended to augment recorded studio versions of the tracks to accompany fans into a live experience of the atmosphere from which each album was engendered/attitude put into creating them for being rapt into during each performance.
    *Look at that run-on sentence lol*

I think it would be interesting for him to rank his tours. I think him speaking of himself and his work in retrospective is interesting. Like back on That Metal Show, he talked about his past looks, which i thought was cool. Especially for someone of such high status, who has seemed to be humble about themselves, provide comments on themselves, from the perspective of us, and himself.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Manson talked a lot about doing the guitars on Born Villian and he had photographs holding guitars and saw him in the Slo-Mo-Tion video. It was no secret Twiggy didnít do as much for Born Villian and MM took a greater role with guitar.

Which Iíve always thought over the past few years that Twiggys return I donít think turned into anything so great. It was just a decade ago the unthinkable happened and they announced theyíd reunited. The High End Of Low is really the only album we can class as a MM & Twiggy album and some of that was reworked Goon Moon ideas. THEOL is a great album and reflects MM so well at that period of time in his life... but I just donít think we got the chance to see MM and Twiggy really raise a beast like they did in the past. THEOL felt like MM and Twiggy warming up and I always expected something greater to follow from them both. But it appears it didnít work out like that.

But Iím always open to change and where we are now, MM and Tyler Bates have created incredible albums.